|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 9-10 years.
(b) 10-15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She does not really like him.
(d) She is in love with him.
3. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
4. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
(a) He finds a man willing to switch places with Kivke.
(b) He bribes officials to let him off with a three ruble fine.
(c) He arranges to have him declared dead.
(d) He gets him pardoned with the governor.
5. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She falls in love with another man.
(d) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
3. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
4. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tevye like Pertchik?
2. How does Tsaytl feel about the marrying Layzar?
3. How does Tevye convince Golde that Tsaytl should marry Motl instead of Layzar?
4. What are the ailments of the happy man from Kodny's son?
5. How does Tevye react when he finds that Mendl has lost all of his money?
6. Why does Ahronchik's brother offer Tevye money to Shprintze?
7. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
8. How does the rich Jew respond when Tevye requests three rubles as a reward for bringing the two women in from the forest?
9. Why does Beilke agree to marry Podhotzur even though she does not love him?
10. When Tevye first learns of Chava's engagement, what does he do to take out his frustration?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)