|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A horse.
(b) A milk cow.
(c) A new wagon.
(d) A plot of land.
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(b) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(c) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(d) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(c) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(d) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(b) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(c) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(d) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
2. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
3. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
4. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of the man from Kaminka in Baranovich Station.
2. Why doesn't Tevye initially want to take the two women he meets into the forest back to Boberick?
3. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
4. How does Tsaytl feel about the marrying Layzar?
5. How does Tevye convince Golde that Tsaytl should marry Motl instead of Layzar?
6. Why does Beilke agree to marry Podhotzur even though she does not love him?
7. When Tevye first learns of Chava's engagement, what does he do to take out his frustration?
8. How does Tevye react when he finds that Mendl has lost all of his money?
9. How does Golde regard Menachem?
10. How does the rich Jew respond when Tevye requests three rubles as a reward for bringing the two women in from the forest?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)