|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(b) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
2. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
3. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(b) Seven Times.
(d) Three times.
4. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her knishes and baclava.
(b) Her kreplach.
(c) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(d) Her borscht.
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(b) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(c) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(d) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
2. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
4. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
5. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kivke threaten to do to Nissl Shapiro if he does not give him the 1000 rubles he requests?
2. What does Tsaytl beg her father for at the end of Lekh-Lekho?
3. How does Golde regard Menachem?
4. What causes the man from Pereshchepena to become irritated with the other two Jews?
5. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
6. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
7. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
8. Why does Ahronchik's brother offer Tevye money to Shprintze?
9. How does the narrator describe the appearance of the man and woman salespeople he encounters on the train in Competitors?
10. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)