|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(b) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(c) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(d) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
2. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
3. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 32 rubles.
(b) 25 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 10 rubles.
4. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
(a) Podhotzur approaches Tevye himself.
(b) Motl does, as he is a client of his.
(c) Golde does just before she dies.
(d) The matchmaker Efrayim.
5. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) The woman's prices are always lower.
(b) The man's prices are generally lower.
(c) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(d) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
2. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
3. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
4. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the appearance of the man and woman salespeople he encounters on the train in Competitors?
2. What good deeds do the manor owners of Kodny do for the poor?
3. Describe the appearance of the two women Tevye meets in the forest in Tevye Strikes It Rich.
4. Why does Tevye give Pertchik the nickname of Peppercorn?
5. Describe the appearance of the man who suggests they "pass the hat around," in the Competitors.
6. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
7. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
8. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
9. How does Tsaytl feel about the marrying Layzar?
10. What does Tsaytl beg her father for at the end of Lekh-Lekho?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)