|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(b) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(c) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(d) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) Three rubles a day.
(b) One ruble a day.
(c) Half a ruble a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
3. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes away to the university.
(b) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(c) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He owns a store.
(d) He is a soldier.
5. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He puts it in his hat.
(b) He ties it to his belt.
(c) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(d) He hides it in his shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
2. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
3. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
4. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
5. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rich Jew respond when Tevye requests three rubles as a reward for bringing the two women in from the forest?
2. How does the narrator describe the appearance of the man and woman salespeople he encounters on the train in Competitors?
3. Describe the appearance of the man from Kaminka in Baranovich Station.
4. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
5. Why does Tevye give Pertchik the nickname of Peppercorn?
6. What are the ailments of the happy man from Kodny's son?
7. Why does Beilke agree to marry Podhotzur even though she does not love him?
8. How does Tevye convince Golde that Tsaytl should marry Motl instead of Layzar?
9. Describe the table that is set for the two women, when Tevye brings them back to the dacha in Boberick?
10. How does Tsaytl feel about the marrying Layzar?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)