|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(b) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(c) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(d) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
2. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(b) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(c) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(d) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) Chava and Chevdka.
(b) Ivan Paparilo.
(c) He is unable to sell his house.
(d) Mendel Beilis.
4. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(c) Seven Times.
(d) Three times.
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(b) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(c) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(d) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
2. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
3. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
4. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
5. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of the man from Kaminka in Baranovich Station.
2. Why does Tevye like Pertchik?
3. Describe the appearance of the man who suggests they "pass the hat around," in the Competitors.
4. How does Tsaytl feel about the marrying Layzar?
5. Why does Tevye give Pertchik the nickname of Peppercorn?
6. Describe the appearance of the two women Tevye meets in the forest in Tevye Strikes It Rich.
7. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
8. What causes the man from Pereshchepena to become irritated with the other two Jews?
9. What does Kivke threaten to do to Nissl Shapiro if he does not give him the 1000 rubles he requests?
10. How does the rich Jew respond when Tevye requests three rubles as a reward for bringing the two women in from the forest?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)