|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
2. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
3. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(b) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(c) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(d) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
4. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
3. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
4. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
5. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beilke agree to marry Podhotzur even though she does not love him?
2. How does the narrator describe the appearance of the man and woman salespeople he encounters on the train in Competitors?
3. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
4. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
5. Why doesn't Tevye initially want to take the two women he meets into the forest back to Boberick?
6. Why does Tevye give Pertchik the nickname of Peppercorn?
7. Why does Tevye like Pertchik?
8. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
9. What does Kivke threaten to do to Nissl Shapiro if he does not give him the 1000 rubles he requests?
10. How does Tevye react when he finds that Mendl has lost all of his money?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)