|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) He falls asleep driving.
(d) His horse smells something and darts after it.
2. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) His cart overturns.
(b) He gets the stomach flu.
(c) His cow dies.
(d) He injures his hand.
3. Who is Gorky?
(a) The current prime minister.
(b) A revered Rabbi.
(c) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(d) An important literary figure.
4. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(b) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(c) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(d) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
5. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) A head full of scrambled brains.
(b) Some fine hunger pains.
(c) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(d) A week's supply of heartache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
3. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
4. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
5. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rich Jew respond when Tevye requests three rubles as a reward for bringing the two women in from the forest?
2. What good deeds do the manor owners of Kodny do for the poor?
3. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
4. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
5. How does Golde regard Menachem?
6. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
7. Describe the appearance of the man from Kaminka in Baranovich Station.
8. How doe Tevye and Menachem spend their evening together?
9. Why does Beilke agree to marry Podhotzur even though she does not love him?
10. What are the ailments of the happy man from Kodny's son?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)