|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Aunt Chaika.
(c) Her brother Kivke.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
2. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
3. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 25 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 32 rubles.
(d) 10 rubles.
4. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
5. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
(a) Third class.
(b) First class.
(c) Second class.
(d) It is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
2. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
5. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Tevye initially want to take the two women he meets into the forest back to Boberick?
2. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
3. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
4. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
5. Describe the table that is set for the two women, when Tevye brings them back to the dacha in Boberick?
6. What does Kivke threaten to do to Nissl Shapiro if he does not give him the 1000 rubles he requests?
7. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
8. Why does Tevye give Pertchik the nickname of Peppercorn?
9. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
10. How does the narrator describe the appearance of the man and woman salespeople he encounters on the train in Competitors?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)