|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) The man's prices are generally lower.
(b) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(c) The woman's prices are always lower.
(d) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) The axel breaks.
(b) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) He falls asleep driving.
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) Three rubles a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
4. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(b) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
2. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
4. How was Chvedka educated?
5. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kivke threaten to do to Nissl Shapiro if he does not give him the 1000 rubles he requests?
2. Describe the appearance of the man who suggests they "pass the hat around," in the Competitors.
3. What good deeds do the manor owners of Kodny do for the poor?
4. Why does Ahronchik's brother offer Tevye money to Shprintze?
5. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
6. How does Tevye convince Golde that Tsaytl should marry Motl instead of Layzar?
7. Why does Tevye give Pertchik the nickname of Peppercorn?
8. Why does Tevye like Pertchik?
9. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
10. What are the ailments of the happy man from Kodny's son?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)