|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) The man's prices are generally lower.
(c) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(d) The woman's prices are always lower.
2. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(d) Only water.
3. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(b) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(d) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
4. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
(a) She finds out that her husband has died.
(b) The Jews mock her and call her a beauty queen.
(c) She is insulted by a goy.
(d) Her basket is overturned and her merchandise spoiled.
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(b) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(c) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(d) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
2. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
3. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
4. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
2. Describe the appearance of the two women Tevye meets in the forest in Tevye Strikes It Rich.
3. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
4. When Tevye first learns of Chava's engagement, what does he do to take out his frustration?
5. Why doesn't Tevye initially want to take the two women he meets into the forest back to Boberick?
6. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
7. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
8. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
9. Why does Aharon's son leave the school?
10. Why does Tevye like Pertchik?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)