|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 600 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 300 rubles.
2. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) High Holy Days.
(c) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
3. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(b) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
4. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) Civil Servant Exams.
(b) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(c) He is studying to become a doctor.
(d) University Entrance Exams.
5. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
4. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ailments of the happy man from Kodny's son?
2. How does Golde regard Menachem?
3. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
4. How does Tevye react when he finds that Mendl has lost all of his money?
5. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
6. Describe the appearance of the man who suggests they "pass the hat around," in the Competitors.
7. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
8. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
9. Describe the appearance of the two women Tevye meets in the forest in Tevye Strikes It Rich.
10. When Tevye first learns of Chava's engagement, what does he do to take out his frustration?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)