|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
2. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
(a) Third class.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) First class.
(d) Second class.
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(b) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(c) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(d) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
4. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Hoshana Rabbah.
(b) High Holy Days.
(c) Rosh Hoshanah.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
2. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
4. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
5. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eisik die in The Automatic Exemption?
2. Describe the appearance of Yoyl Tashker.
3. When Tevye first learns of Chava's engagement, what does he do to take out his frustration?
4. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
5. What does Motek learn from his succession of low paying difficult jobs?
6. Describe the appearance of Motek.
7. Why does Moyshe-Nachman have to support Dovid's family in Go Climb a Tree?
8. Describe the appearance of Danielchik.
9. Describe the appearance of the man from Kaminka in Baranovich Station.
10. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)