|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
2. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) The man did not know the ending.
(b) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(c) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
(d) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
3. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Rosh Hoshanah.
(b) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) High Holy Days.
4. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(a) Black cherries.
(b) Hard-boiled eggs.
(d) Dried figs.
5. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He owns a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
4. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
5. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tsaytl beg her father for at the end of Lekh-Lekho?
2. How does Motek describe his line of work?
3. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
4. Describe the appearance of the man from Kaminka in Baranovich Station.
5. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
6. Why does Tevye like Pertchik?
7. What does the 60-year-old man do to giveaway his skill at cards?
8. Why does the locomotive arrive with no train attached to it in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
9. Describe the appearance of the man who suggests they "pass the hat around," in the Competitors.
10. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)