|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(b) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(c) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(d) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(b) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(c) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(d) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(b) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(c) She wants to become a nun.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
4. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(b) Dried figs.
(c) Black cherries.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs.
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(a) Three times.
(b) Seven Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
3. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
4. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
5. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ailments of the happy man from Kodny's son?
2. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
3. Describe the appearance of the two women Tevye meets in the forest in Tevye Strikes It Rich.
4. What causes the man from Pereshchepena to become irritated with the other two Jews?
5. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
6. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
7. What does Tsaytl beg her father for at the end of Lekh-Lekho?
8. Why does Ahronchik's brother offer Tevye money to Shprintze?
9. How does Tsaytl feel about the marrying Layzar?
10. How does Tevye convince Golde that Tsaytl should marry Motl instead of Layzar?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)