|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) Dairy merchandise.
(b) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(c) A gift for Mendl.
(d) His daughter.
2. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 600 rubles.
(d) 50 rubles.
3. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(b) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
4. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(b) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(c) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(d) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
5. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A new wagon.
(b) A plot of land.
(c) A horse.
(d) A milk cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
3. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
4. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
2. How does the rich Jew respond when Tevye requests three rubles as a reward for bringing the two women in from the forest?
3. What does Tsaytl beg her father for at the end of Lekh-Lekho?
4. What are the ailments of the happy man from Kodny's son?
5. How does Golde regard Menachem?
6. How does the narrator describe the appearance of the man and woman salespeople he encounters on the train in Competitors?
7. Why doesn't Tevye initially want to take the two women he meets into the forest back to Boberick?
8. How does Tevye convince Golde that Tsaytl should marry Motl instead of Layzar?
9. What causes the man from Pereshchepena to become irritated with the other two Jews?
10. What good deeds do the manor owners of Kodny do for the poor?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)