|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the stables.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Out in the field.
(d) In the pond.
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
(b) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(c) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(d) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
3. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(a) Black cherries.
(c) Dried figs.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs.
4. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(b) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(c) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(d) She goes away to the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
2. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
3. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
4. Who is Gorky?
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tsaytl beg her father for at the end of Lekh-Lekho?
2. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
3. How does Tevye react when he finds that Mendl has lost all of his money?
4. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
5. How does Tevye convince Golde that Tsaytl should marry Motl instead of Layzar?
6. Why doesn't Tevye initially want to take the two women he meets into the forest back to Boberick?
7. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
8. Describe the appearance of the two women Tevye meets in the forest in Tevye Strikes It Rich.
9. How does Golde regard Menachem?
10. What type of welcome does Tevye receive when he goes to visit Beilke and Podhotzur after they return from their honeymoon?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)