Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(b) Hard-boiled eggs.
(c) Black cherries.
(d) Dried figs.
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(b) She has a severe chest cough.
(c) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(d) She is losing vision in her right eye.
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(b) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(c) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(d) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 600 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(b) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(c) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(d) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
2. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
3. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
4. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
5. What is Chvedka's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
2. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
3. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
4. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
5. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
6. How doe Tevye and Menachem spend their evening together?
7. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
8. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
9. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
10. Describe the appearance of Motek.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)