|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her brother Kivke.
(c) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(d) Her Aunt Chaika.
2. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A milk cow.
(c) 18 rubles.
(d) A goat.
3. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
(b) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
(c) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(d) The man did not know the ending.
4. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Hoshana Rabbah.
(c) High Holy Days.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
5. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
(a) Clocks and mirrors.
(b) Sculptures and vases.
(c) Paintings and books.
(d) Stuffed animals and skeletons.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
2. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
3. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
4. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
5. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. How did Rayzl's birth mother die?
3. What does the term "meeting the train" mean?
4. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
5. Why does Tevye try to avoid having discussions with the town Priest?
6. What does Tevye plan to do when he finds that he is being expelled from the village?
7. How did Paysi's father die?
8. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
9. Why does Ahronchik's brother offer Tevye money to Shprintze?
10. How does Berko celebrate his life after the train incident?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)