|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of professions that Danielschik attempts to apprentice for?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A watchmaker.
(c) A goldsmith.
(d) A tailer.
2. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
3. How did Etke die?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She was trampled in a riot.
(c) She died of consumption.
(d) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
4. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
5. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
(b) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
(c) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
(d) He was fated to live another year.
6. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His thick billfold.
(b) His ebony cane.
(c) His gold pocketwatch.
(d) His diamond ring.
7. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
8. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
9. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The Drozhne relief fund.
(b) The Avelikz education fund.
(c) The local emigration fund.
(d) The local orphanage.
10. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 10 rubles.
11. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
(c) Bright red.
(d) Pale pink.
12. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A diamond ring.
13. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
14. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
(a) He lost his hat playing a game.
(b) He has left school.
(c) He doesn't want others to know he is a student.
(d) The hat no longer fits his head.
15. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
2. Why doesn't the narrator in trouble at the end of Fated for Misfortune?
3. What is the name of the girl Danielschik marries?
4. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
5. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)