|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) A loyal dog.
(b) His missing brother.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) A wife.
2. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To start his career as a performer.
(b) To follow the love of his life.
(c) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(d) To escape his abusive step-father.
3. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One day.
4. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(d) His name is not given.
5. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
(a) He is a notary.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a garbage man.
6. What is the name of the girl Danielschik marries?
7. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
8. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He writes him a thank you letter.
(b) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(c) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
(d) He gives him a kiss.
9. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
(a) The Diamond Dealer leaves the case to go to the bathroom.
(b) He takes the case after the Diamond Dealer faints.
(c) The thief offers to carry the case for the Diamond Dealer on the train.
(d) The thief takes the case while the Diamond Dealer is paying the dinner bill.
10. How much the narrator pay for the dowry of the girl as fiduciary in Fated for Misfortune.
(a) 10000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 1000 rubles.
11. How much money does Moshke claim it takes to hire someone to "give the match a scratch?"
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 10 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
12. Why doesn't the narrator in trouble at the end of Fated for Misfortune?
(a) He has stolen money.
(b) He did not keep account books.
(c) He is bankrupt.
(d) He has broken his leg.
13. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
14. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He makes vinegar.
(b) He is a mason.
(c) He is a cantor.
(d) He is a tailor.
15. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
2. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
3. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
4. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
5. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)