|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
2. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A bracelet.
3. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
4. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
(a) She was his niece through marriage.
(b) She was not related to him.
(c) She was his second cousin.
(d) She was his cousin.
5. How did Etke die?
(a) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
(b) She was trampled in a riot.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She died of consumption.
6. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
(a) The poor.
(b) Everyone panics equally.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The rich.
7. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
8. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) A wife.
(c) A loyal dog.
(d) His missing brother.
9. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
10. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
(a) The father had already bribed the conscription officer.
(b) He had a heart condition.
(c) He was partly blind.
(d) He is an only son.
11. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He was fated to live another year.
(b) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
(c) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
(d) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
12. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
(a) Because reading on the train gives him motion sickness.
(b) Because it is not his hometown newspaper.
(c) Because he is not a good reader.
(d) Because the newspaper depresses him.
13. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
14. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He writes him a thank you letter.
(b) He gives him a kiss.
(c) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(d) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
15. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
(a) The Diamond Dealer leaves the case to go to the bathroom.
(b) He takes the case after the Diamond Dealer faints.
(c) The thief offers to carry the case for the Diamond Dealer on the train.
(d) The thief takes the case while the Diamond Dealer is paying the dinner bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
2. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
3. What is the name of the rich man who dies in Fated for Misfortune?
4. Where does Aharon's son move so he can attend school?
5. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)