|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) A wife.
(b) His childhood home.
(c) A loyal dog.
(d) His missing brother.
3. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
4. Why does the thief claim to have no luck?
(a) He can never sell his stolen goods.
(b) He cannot support his family.
(c) He can never find things to steal.
(d) He always gets caught.
5. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
(b) He wears no coat, only a heavy sweater.
6. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
7. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim he beat her to death.
(b) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(c) They claim she committed suicide.
(d) The claim she died of hunger.
8. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The local emigration fund.
(b) The local orphanage.
(c) The Avelikz education fund.
(d) The Drozhne relief fund.
9. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) He arrives home and sees the flames.
(b) He is given a telegram.
(c) His wife runs to tell him.
(d) A neighbor comes and finds him.
10. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
11. What is Itsik short for?
(d) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
12. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A diamond ring.
13. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
14. What ailment is Moyshe-Nachman trying to get treatment for?
(a) A cataract on his left eye.
(b) A cough and asthma.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) An severe toothache.
15. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
2. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
3. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
4. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
5. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)