|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
2. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
(a) He completely ignores him.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He shouts curses at him.
(d) He shakes hands with him.
3. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
(a) He is a moneylender and a landlord.
(b) He is a government official.
(c) He owns a store.
(d) He is a doctor.
4. What is Itsik short for?
(b) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
5. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(c) St. Petersburg.
6. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
7. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They did not know each other.
(d) They were best friends.
8. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(b) He is a university student.
(c) He has poor health.
(d) He is missing an eye.
9. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
(a) The hat no longer fits his head.
(b) He has left school.
(c) He doesn't want others to know he is a student.
(d) He lost his hat playing a game.
10. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
11. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
12. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
(a) She supports him and agrees with him.
(b) She is indifferent and doesn't react either way.
(c) She is heartbroken and becomes sick.
(d) She is furious and disowns him.
13. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(c) His name is not given.
14. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
15. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
(a) Repairing railroad tracks.
(b) Collecting soil samples.
(c) Delivering the mail.
(d) Handling livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
2. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
3. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
4. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
5. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)