|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because he thought they resembled him.
(b) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
(c) Because he is childless.
(d) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
2. How much money does Danielschik request so he can buy the beer hall and billiard parlor?
(a) Five hundred forty-four rubles.
(b) Two hundred twenty-three rubles.
(c) One hundred ninety-six rubles.
(d) Four hundred sixty-two rubles.
3. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(d) His name is not given.
4. What is the name of the girl Danielschik marries?
5. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
6. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
7. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They did not know each other.
8. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
(c) Bright red.
(d) Pale pink.
9. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
(a) She is furious and disowns him.
(b) She supports him and agrees with him.
(c) She is heartbroken and becomes sick.
(d) She is indifferent and doesn't react either way.
10. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 10 rubles.
11. Why does the thief claim to have no luck?
(a) He always gets caught.
(b) He can never sell his stolen goods.
(c) He cannot support his family.
(d) He can never find things to steal.
12. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
(a) The ticket counter at the train station.
(b) A third class train car.
(c) The second class waiting room at the station.
(d) The local bar.
13. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A diamond ring.
14. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
15. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He is a notary.
(c) He is a garbage man.
(d) He is a banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
2. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
3. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
4. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
5. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)