|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
2. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) He arrives home and sees the flames.
(b) His wife runs to tell him.
(c) He is given a telegram.
(d) A neighbor comes and finds him.
3. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
(a) He likes having something to complain about.
(b) He is afraid Kompanyevitch would exact revenge on him.
(c) He has given his word as a gentleman not to.
(d) Kompanyevitch pays on time.
4. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
(a) He doesn't want others to know he is a student.
(b) He has left school.
(c) He lost his hat playing a game.
(d) The hat no longer fits his head.
5. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
6. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
(a) The rich.
(b) The poor.
(c) Everyone panics equally.
(d) The middle class.
7. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
8. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
9. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is a university student.
(b) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(c) He has poor health.
(d) He is missing an eye.
10. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
11. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(b) His name is not given.
12. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
13. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The local orphanage.
(b) The local emigration fund.
(c) The Drozhne relief fund.
(d) The Avelikz education fund.
14. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
15. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) A wife.
(c) His missing brother.
(d) A loyal dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment is Moyshe-Nachman trying to get treatment for?
2. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
3. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
4. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
5. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)