|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
2. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
(a) The middle class.
(b) The poor.
(c) The rich.
(d) Everyone panics equally.
3. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He gives him a kiss.
(b) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(c) He writes him a thank you letter.
(d) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
4. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
5. What is the name of the girl Danielschik marries?
6. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
(a) She is furious and disowns him.
(b) She is heartbroken and becomes sick.
(c) She supports him and agrees with him.
(d) She is indifferent and doesn't react either way.
7. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
8. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
(a) Delivering the mail.
(b) Collecting soil samples.
(c) Repairing railroad tracks.
(d) Handling livestock.
9. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
10. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
11. How does the Diamond dealer regard his ability to sell diamond?
(a) He thinks he is efficient, but not particularly successful.
(b) He sees himself as an artist.
(c) He sees himself as a complete failure.
(d) He thinks he is in the "middle of the pack," as dealers go.
12. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His gold pocketwatch.
(b) His thick billfold.
(c) His ebony cane.
(d) His diamond ring.
13. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is missing an eye.
(b) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(c) He has poor health.
(d) He is a university student.
14. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
(a) They hide.
(b) They offer bribes.
(c) The completely leave town.
(d) The plan to attack before they are attacked.
15. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
2. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
3. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
4. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
5. Which is NOT one of professions that Danielschik attempts to apprentice for?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)