|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment is Moyshe-Nachman trying to get treatment for?
(a) A cough and asthma.
(b) An severe toothache.
(c) A cataract on his left eye.
(d) A twisted ankle.
2. What is Itsik short for?
(c) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
3. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
4. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
(a) He has eight children.
(b) Three daughter and one son.
(c) Two daughters.
(d) One son.
5. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim she committed suicide.
(b) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(c) They claim he beat her to death.
(d) The claim she died of hunger.
6. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Wait for help.
(b) Pull the brake.
(c) Make a jump for it.
(d) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
7. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
8. Where does Moshke claim to be when his store burns down?
(a) On business in Odessa.
(b) At home taking a nap.
(c) At his nephew's bar mitzvah.
(d) At his nieces's engagement party.
9. Where does Aharon's son move so he can attend school?
10. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
(a) The thief takes the case while the Diamond Dealer is paying the dinner bill.
(b) He takes the case after the Diamond Dealer faints.
(c) The Diamond Dealer leaves the case to go to the bathroom.
(d) The thief offers to carry the case for the Diamond Dealer on the train.
11. How much money does Danielschik request so he can buy the beer hall and billiard parlor?
(a) Four hundred sixty-two rubles.
(b) Two hundred twenty-three rubles.
(c) Five hundred forty-four rubles.
(d) One hundred ninety-six rubles.
12. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
(a) She was his cousin.
(b) She was his second cousin.
(c) She was his niece through marriage.
(d) She was not related to him.
13. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
14. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
(a) He has a close friend who is a Christian that gives it to him.
(b) He owns a printshop and is connected to officials.
(c) He does not reveal how he sees the telegram.
(d) He accidentily sees it while making deliveries.
15. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
2. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
3. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
4. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
5. How does the Diamond dealer regard his ability to sell diamond?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)