|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Moshke claim to be when his store burns down?
(a) At his nieces's engagement party.
(b) On business in Odessa.
(c) At home taking a nap.
(d) At his nephew's bar mitzvah.
2. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
3. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
(a) Bright red.
(d) Pale pink.
4. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
(a) One son.
(b) He has eight children.
(c) Two daughters.
(d) Three daughter and one son.
5. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
6. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
(a) He shakes hands with him.
(b) He completely ignores him.
(c) He shouts curses at him.
(d) He punches him.
7. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(c) His name is not given.
8. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) One day.
9. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
(a) The completely leave town.
(b) They hide.
(c) The plan to attack before they are attacked.
(d) They offer bribes.
10. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He makes vinegar.
(c) He is a mason.
(d) He is a cantor.
11. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
(a) He had a heart condition.
(b) The father had already bribed the conscription officer.
(c) He is an only son.
(d) He was partly blind.
12. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
(a) Handling livestock.
(b) Collecting soil samples.
(c) Repairing railroad tracks.
(d) Delivering the mail.
13. What ailment is Moyshe-Nachman trying to get treatment for?
(a) A cataract on his left eye.
(b) An severe toothache.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) A cough and asthma.
14. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
15. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
2. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
3. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
4. Why does the thief claim to have no luck?
5. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)