|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
(a) Because it is not his hometown newspaper.
(b) Because the newspaper depresses him.
(c) Because reading on the train gives him motion sickness.
(d) Because he is not a good reader.
2. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
(a) She was not related to him.
(b) She was his niece through marriage.
(c) She was his second cousin.
(d) She was his cousin.
3. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
(a) He takes the case after the Diamond Dealer faints.
(b) The Diamond Dealer leaves the case to go to the bathroom.
(c) The thief takes the case while the Diamond Dealer is paying the dinner bill.
(d) The thief offers to carry the case for the Diamond Dealer on the train.
4. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
5. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
(a) Three daughter and one son.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) He has eight children.
(d) One son.
6. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because he thought they resembled him.
(b) Because he is childless.
(c) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
(d) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
7. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
8. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
(b) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
(c) He was fated to live another year.
(d) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
9. What does Dovid do for a living for Brodky?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He runs a factory.
(c) He is a gardener.
(d) He is a torah reader in the synagogue.
10. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
11. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
(a) She supports him and agrees with him.
(b) She is furious and disowns him.
(c) She is indifferent and doesn't react either way.
(d) She is heartbroken and becomes sick.
12. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
13. Why does the thief claim to have no luck?
(a) He cannot support his family.
(b) He always gets caught.
(c) He can never sell his stolen goods.
(d) He can never find things to steal.
14. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Make a jump for it.
(b) Wait for help.
(c) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(d) Pull the brake.
15. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
2. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
3. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
4. How much money does Danielschik request so he can buy the beer hall and billiard parlor?
5. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)