|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the thief claim to have no luck?
(a) He can never find things to steal.
(b) He cannot support his family.
(c) He always gets caught.
(d) He can never sell his stolen goods.
2. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
3. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
4. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a cantor.
(c) He makes vinegar.
(d) He is a mason.
5. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
(a) One son.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) He has eight children.
(d) Three daughter and one son.
6. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
7. Where does Aharon's son move so he can attend school?
8. How does the train eventually stop?
(a) It runs off track and crashes.
(b) It loses momentum climbing a steep hill.
(c) Train engineers manage to put something on the tracks to stop it.
(d) It runs out of fuel.
9. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
10. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
11. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His diamond ring.
(b) His gold pocketwatch.
(c) His thick billfold.
(d) His ebony cane.
12. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
(b) He was fated to live another year.
(c) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
(d) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
13. Which is NOT one of professions that Danielschik attempts to apprentice for?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A tailer.
(c) A watchmaker.
(d) A carpenter.
14. What is Itsik short for?
(d) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
15. What is the name of the girl Danielschik marries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
2. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
3. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
4. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
5. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)