|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 150 rubles.
2. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One day.
(d) Two years.
3. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
4. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
5. Where does Moshke claim to be when his store burns down?
(a) On business in Odessa.
(b) At his nephew's bar mitzvah.
(c) At home taking a nap.
(d) At his nieces's engagement party.
6. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The Avelikz education fund.
(b) The Drozhne relief fund.
(c) The local orphanage.
(d) The local emigration fund.
7. Why doesn't the narrator in trouble at the end of Fated for Misfortune?
(a) He has stolen money.
(b) He has broken his leg.
(c) He did not keep account books.
(d) He is bankrupt.
8. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(c) St. Petersburg.
9. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
(a) The thief offers to carry the case for the Diamond Dealer on the train.
(b) The thief takes the case while the Diamond Dealer is paying the dinner bill.
(c) The Diamond Dealer leaves the case to go to the bathroom.
(d) He takes the case after the Diamond Dealer faints.
10. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
11. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
12. What is Itsik short for?
(c) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
13. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
14. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 200 rubles.
(c) 10 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
15. Which is NOT one of professions that Danielschik attempts to apprentice for?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A tailer.
(c) A goldsmith.
(d) A watchmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
2. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
3. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
4. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
5. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)