|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
2. What is the name of the rich man who dies in Fated for Misfortune?
3. How much the narrator pay for the dowry of the girl as fiduciary in Fated for Misfortune.
(a) 1000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 10000 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
4. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
5. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
6. Why doesn't the narrator in trouble at the end of Fated for Misfortune?
(a) He is bankrupt.
(b) He did not keep account books.
(c) He has broken his leg.
(d) He has stolen money.
7. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
(a) He takes the case after the Diamond Dealer faints.
(b) The Diamond Dealer leaves the case to go to the bathroom.
(c) The thief offers to carry the case for the Diamond Dealer on the train.
(d) The thief takes the case while the Diamond Dealer is paying the dinner bill.
8. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
(a) Moyshe-Nachman bribes the police officers.
(b) Dovid confesses.
(c) The police take a disliking to Dovid.
(d) They had switched identities.
9. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
(a) He has eight children.
(b) Three daughter and one son.
(c) One son.
(d) Two daughters.
10. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) One day.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
11. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
(a) The local bar.
(b) A third class train car.
(c) The ticket counter at the train station.
(d) The second class waiting room at the station.
12. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
(a) Collecting soil samples.
(b) Handling livestock.
(c) Delivering the mail.
(d) Repairing railroad tracks.
13. How much money does Danielschik request so he can buy the beer hall and billiard parlor?
(a) Four hundred sixty-two rubles.
(b) Five hundred forty-four rubles.
(c) Two hundred twenty-three rubles.
(d) One hundred ninety-six rubles.
14. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
15. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
(a) Back to his home.
(b) He hires a coach to take him to St. Petersburg.
(c) He visits friends in Heysen.
(d) He travels up the line.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
2. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
3. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
4. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
5. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)