|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The local orphanage.
(b) The Drozhne relief fund.
(c) The Avelikz education fund.
(d) The local emigration fund.
2. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) A wife.
(b) A loyal dog.
(c) His missing brother.
(d) His childhood home.
4. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
5. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
6. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
(a) He owns a store.
(b) He is a moneylender and a landlord.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a government official.
7. How does the Diamond dealer regard his ability to sell diamond?
(a) He sees himself as a complete failure.
(b) He sees himself as an artist.
(c) He thinks he is efficient, but not particularly successful.
(d) He thinks he is in the "middle of the pack," as dealers go.
8. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
9. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a cantor.
(b) He makes vinegar.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a mason.
10. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
11. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
12. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To start his career as a performer.
(b) To follow the love of his life.
(c) To escape his abusive step-father.
(d) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
13. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
14. Why does Aharon's business fall apart?
(a) He suffers anxiety about his son and is unable to work.
(b) He has spent all his money on bribes for his son.
(c) His wife moves to Poland with the son and leaves him shorthanded.
(d) He is robbed.
15. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(b) Make a jump for it.
(c) Wait for help.
(d) Pull the brake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
2. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
3. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
4. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
5. What is Itsik short for?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)