|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 400 rubles.
(d) 1000 rubles.
2. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
3. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
4. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
(a) Sculptures and vases.
(b) Clocks and mirrors.
(c) Paintings and books.
(d) Stuffed animals and skeletons.
5. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
6. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(b) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(c) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(d) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
7. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
8. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(c) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
9. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
10. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her kreplach.
(b) Her knishes and baclava.
(c) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(d) Her borscht.
11. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
12. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(c) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(d) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
13. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) A gift for Mendl.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
14. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(a) Hard-boiled eggs.
(c) Dried figs.
(d) Black cherries.
15. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He ties it to his belt.
(b) He hides it in his shoe.
(c) He puts it in his hat.
(d) He sews it into his breast pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
2. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
3. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
4. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
5. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)