|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) A milk cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A new coat.
(d) 18 rubles.
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(b) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(c) She has a severe chest cough.
(d) She is losing vision in her right eye.
3. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(b) The man's prices are generally lower.
(c) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(d) The woman's prices are always lower.
4. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
5. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
6. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the stables.
(b) In the pond.
(c) In the forest.
(d) Out in the field.
7. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(b) High Holy Days.
(c) Rosh Hoshanah.
(d) Hoshana Rabbah.
8. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
9. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 9-10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10-15 years.
(d) 5 years.
10. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(b) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(c) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(d) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
11. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) They are third cousins.
(c) Mendl is his nephew.
(d) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
12. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(a) Black cherries.
(b) Dried figs.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs.
13. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They are married.
14. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(b) He is studying to become a doctor.
(c) Civil Servant Exams.
(d) University Entrance Exams.
15. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
3. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
4. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
5. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)