|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(d) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
2. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(b) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(c) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(d) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
3. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A new wagon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A milk cow.
(d) A plot of land.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(c) Only water.
5. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a delivery boy.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a soldier.
6. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(c) Dairy merchandise.
(d) A gift for Mendl.
7. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
8. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
(a) His wife.
(b) His rabbi.
(c) The wealthy manor owners.
(d) His son.
9. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) His wife came with a dowry.
(b) He was given a large inheritance.
(c) He has a swell job.
(d) He has several sons.
10. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A goat.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A milk cow.
11. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(b) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(c) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
(d) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
12. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
13. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
14. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(c) She does not really like him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
15. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
3. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
4. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)