|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are neighbors.
2. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her Aunt Chaika.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) Her brother Kivke.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
4. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) A week's supply of heartache.
(b) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(c) A head full of scrambled brains.
(d) Some fine hunger pains.
5. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 600 rubles.
6. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(b) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(c) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(d) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
7. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Hoshana Rabbah.
(b) Rosh Hoshanah.
(d) High Holy Days.
8. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) A hired housekeeper.
(b) His daughter Beilke.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His daughter Tsaytl.
9. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(c) Mendl is his nephew.
(d) They are third cousins.
10. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(c) An important literary figure.
(d) The current prime minister.
11. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
12. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the pond.
(c) In the stables.
(d) Out in the field.
13. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
14. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
(a) Because it is easier to get a ticket last minute.
(b) Because he likes simple people.
(c) Because he likes saving money.
(d) Because it is not as crowded.
15. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(b) He keeps Tevye's books.
(c) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(d) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
5. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)