|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
2. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
3. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
(b) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
(c) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(d) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
4. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(a) Dried figs.
(b) Black cherries.
(d) Hard-boiled eggs.
5. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
6. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(d) He runs into him by chance at the market.
7. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(b) Dairy merchandise.
(c) A gift for Mendl.
(d) His daughter.
8. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 37 rubles.
(b) 137 rubles.
(c) 53 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
9. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
10. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He had private tutors growing up.
(b) He was educated abroad in Germany.
(c) He is self-taught.
(d) He attending a University in Odessa.
11. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her brother Kivke.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
12. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a delivery boy.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a soldier.
13. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(b) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(c) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(d) She has a severe chest cough.
14. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
15. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(b) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(c) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(d) She is angry at him for being drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
2. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
3. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)