|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
2. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
3. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
4. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) Ivan Paparilo.
(b) He is unable to sell his house.
(c) Chava and Chevdka.
(d) Mendel Beilis.
5. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(b) The unfair market.
(d) The Csar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
2. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
5. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)