|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(a) Black cherries.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs.
(d) Dried figs.
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A new wagon.
(b) A milk cow.
(c) A plot of land.
(d) A horse.
3. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a delivery boy.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. Who is Gorky?
(a) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(b) The current prime minister.
(c) A revered Rabbi.
(d) An important literary figure.
5. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(a) The unfair market.
(c) The Csar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
2. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
3. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)