|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
2. How did Etke die?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
(c) She died of consumption.
(d) She was trampled in a riot.
3. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(b) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(c) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(d) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
4. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are married.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are neighbors.
5. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) He gets the stomach flu.
(b) His cow dies.
(c) He injures his hand.
(d) His cart overturns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
3. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)