|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has a swell job.
(b) He was given a large inheritance.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) His wife came with a dowry.
2. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
3. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
(a) Kompanyevitch pays on time.
(b) He is afraid Kompanyevitch would exact revenge on him.
(c) He has given his word as a gentleman not to.
(d) He likes having something to complain about.
4. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her borscht.
(b) Her knishes and baclava.
(c) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(d) Her kreplach.
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(b) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(c) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(d) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
2. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
4. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
5. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)