|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(b) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(c) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
(d) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has a swell job.
(b) He was given a large inheritance.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) His wife came with a dowry.
3. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A plot of land.
(b) A new wagon.
(c) A horse.
(d) A milk cow.
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He keeps Tevye's books.
(b) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(c) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(d) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
5. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) From his rabbi.
(b) From his wife.
(c) From the wealthy manor owners.
(d) They are his entire savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
2. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
3. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
4. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
5. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)