|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 600 rubles.
(d) 400 rubles.
2. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) The man's prices are generally lower.
(c) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(d) The woman's prices are always lower.
3. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) His daughter Beilke.
(b) His cousin.
(c) A hired housekeeper.
(d) His daughter Tsaytl.
4. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
5. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(b) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(c) She wants to become a nun.
(d) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
3. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
4. Who is Gorky?
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)