|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
2. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are married.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They are cousins.
3. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) They are his entire savings.
(b) From the wealthy manor owners.
(c) From his wife.
(d) From his rabbi.
4. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) A new coat.
(b) 18 rubles.
(c) A goat.
(d) A milk cow.
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(b) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(c) She goes away to the university.
(d) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
2. What does Berko do for a living?
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
4. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)