|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her kreplach.
(b) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(c) Her borscht.
(d) Her knishes and baclava.
2. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) Out in the field.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the pond.
(d) In the stables.
4. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) His wife came with a dowry.
(b) He was given a large inheritance.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) He has a swell job.
5. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
3. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
4. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
5. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)