|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 1000 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
2. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(c) She falls in love with another man.
(d) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
3. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
4. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
(a) Restrictive school quotas for Jews.
(b) The pogroms against Jews in their town.
(c) The Head Tax on Jews.
(d) Conscription of Jews into the army.
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
2. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
3. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
4. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
5. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)