|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) A week's supply of heartache.
(b) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(c) Some fine hunger pains.
(d) A head full of scrambled brains.
2. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To escape his abusive step-father.
(b) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(c) To follow the love of his life.
(d) To start his career as a performer.
3. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
4. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(c) His name is not given.
5. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He hears a woman crying.
(b) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(c) His horse decides to run off.
(d) It begins to rain on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
3. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
4. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
5. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)