|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(b) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(c) He falls asleep driving.
(d) The axel breaks.
2. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
3. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) It was an easy way to make money.
(b) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(c) They were given a tax break.
(d) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
4. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) The woman's prices are always lower.
(c) The man's prices are generally lower.
(d) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Dairy merchandise.
(c) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(d) A gift for Mendl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
2. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
3. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
4. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
5. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)