|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Out in the field.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the pond.
2. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(b) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(c) She is indifferent to the match.
(d) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
3. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(b) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(c) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(d) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
4. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(b) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(c) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(d) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
5. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has a severe chest cough.
(b) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(c) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(d) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
3. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
4. How was Chvedka educated?
5. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)