|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) Three rubles a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
2. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(b) She falls in love with another man.
(c) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(d) She commits suicide.
4. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) From his rabbi.
(b) They are his entire savings.
(c) From his wife.
(d) From the wealthy manor owners.
5. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 600 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
2. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
3. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)