|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
(a) Clocks and mirrors.
(b) Paintings and books.
(c) Stuffed animals and skeletons.
(d) Sculptures and vases.
2. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
(a) He likes having something to complain about.
(b) Kompanyevitch pays on time.
(c) He is afraid Kompanyevitch would exact revenge on him.
(d) He has given his word as a gentleman not to.
3. How did Etke die?
(a) She died of consumption.
(b) She was trampled in a riot.
(c) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
(d) She committed suicide.
4. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
(a) They hide.
(b) The plan to attack before they are attacked.
(c) The completely leave town.
(d) They offer bribes.
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
2. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
3. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)