|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 25 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 32 rubles.
(d) 300 rubles.
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(b) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(c) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(d) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
3. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) It begins to rain on him.
(b) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(c) His horse decides to run off.
(d) He hears a woman crying.
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He keeps Tevye's books.
(b) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(c) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(d) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
5. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
2. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
3. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
4. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
5. What does Berko do for a living?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)