|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(b) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
2. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(b) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(c) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(d) They leave to escape the riots.
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the pond.
(b) Out in the field.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the forest.
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(c) The axel breaks.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
5. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
(b) Bright red.
(c) Pale pink.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
2. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
3. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
4. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)