|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Etke die?
(a) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
(b) She died of consumption.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was trampled in a riot.
2. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) Chava and Chevdka.
(b) Mendel Beilis.
(c) He is unable to sell his house.
(d) Ivan Paparilo.
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(c) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(d) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
4. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(b) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(c) She is indifferent to the match.
(d) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
5. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
2. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
3. What does Berko do for a living?
4. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
5. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)