|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
(a) He bribes officials to let him off with a three ruble fine.
(b) He arranges to have him declared dead.
(c) He gets him pardoned with the governor.
(d) He finds a man willing to switch places with Kivke.
3. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(b) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
(c) They were given a tax break.
(d) It was an easy way to make money.
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) Three rubles a day.
(b) One ruble a day.
(c) One ruble a week.
(d) Half a ruble a day.
5. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(c) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(d) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
3. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
4. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)