|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(d) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(b) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(c) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(d) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
3. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) They are his entire savings.
(b) From the wealthy manor owners.
(c) From his wife.
(d) From his rabbi.
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
2. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
3. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
4. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)