|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He puts it in his hat.
(b) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(c) He hides it in his shoe.
(d) He ties it to his belt.
2. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(a) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
3. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) His horse decides to run off.
(b) It begins to rain on him.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) He finds a ruble on the ground.
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 600 rubles.
5. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) A week's supply of heartache.
(c) A head full of scrambled brains.
(d) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
2. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
3. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
4. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
5. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)