|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(d) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
3. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has a severe chest cough.
(b) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(c) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(d) She has frequent dizzy spells.
4. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
(a) Third class.
(b) Second class.
(c) First class.
(d) It is unknown.
5. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
3. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
4. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
5. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)