|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) His daughter Tsaytl.
(b) A hired housekeeper.
(c) His daughter Beilke.
(d) His cousin.
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He hides it in his shoe.
(b) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(c) He ties it to his belt.
(d) He puts it in his hat.
3. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(b) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
(c) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
(d) The man did not know the ending.
4. Who is Gorky?
(a) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(b) A revered Rabbi.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) An important literary figure.
5. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(c) She does not really like him.
(d) She is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
3. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
4. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)