|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
(a) The wealthy manor owners.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His rabbi.
2. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She wants to become a nun.
(b) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(c) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
3. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(b) Only water.
4. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
(a) He finds a man willing to switch places with Kivke.
(b) He gets him pardoned with the governor.
(c) He arranges to have him declared dead.
(d) He bribes officials to let him off with a three ruble fine.
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(b) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(c) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(d) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
3. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
5. What was Kivke sentenced to run the gauntlet?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)