|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(b) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(c) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(d) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
2. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
3. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a delivery boy.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a soldier.
4. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
(a) His rabbi.
(b) His wife.
(c) The wealthy manor owners.
(d) His son.
5. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 3 rubles.
(b) 37 rubles.
(c) 137 rubles.
(d) 53 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
2. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
4. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
5. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)