|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
(a) He reads his prayer book.
(b) He goes back to sleep.
(c) He smokes a cigarette.
(d) He eats his breakfast.
2. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes away to the university.
(b) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(c) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(d) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
3. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(b) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(c) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(d) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
4. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She does not really like him.
(d) She is in love with him.
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
5. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)