|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) It begins to rain on him.
(b) His horse decides to run off.
(c) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(d) He hears a woman crying.
3. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
(a) Army boots.
4. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
5. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has a severe chest cough.
(b) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(c) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(d) She has frequent dizzy spells.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
2. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
4. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)