|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) Three rubles a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 3 rubles.
(b) 37 rubles.
(c) 137 rubles.
(d) 53 rubles.
3. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) They are his entire savings.
(b) From his wife.
(c) From the wealthy manor owners.
(d) From his rabbi.
4. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) The man's prices are generally lower.
(c) The woman's prices are always lower.
(d) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
5. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(b) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
(c) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(d) She is indifferent to his announcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
2. How was Chvedka educated?
3. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
4. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)