|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a soldier.
3. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(d) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(b) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(c) She goes away to the university.
(d) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(b) He falls asleep driving.
(c) The axel breaks.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
2. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
3. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
4. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
5. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)