|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a scribe.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a soldier.
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has a swell job.
(b) His wife came with a dowry.
(c) He was given a large inheritance.
(d) He has several sons.
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) Ivan Paparilo.
(b) Chava and Chevdka.
(c) He is unable to sell his house.
(d) Mendel Beilis.
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A gift for Mendl.
(c) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
5. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) From his rabbi.
(b) They are his entire savings.
(c) From his wife.
(d) From the wealthy manor owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
2. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
3. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
4. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
5. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)