|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
2. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(c) The man's prices are generally lower.
(d) The woman's prices are always lower.
3. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a delivery boy.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a scribe.
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) The axel breaks.
(b) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(c) He falls asleep driving.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
5. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
2. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)