|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
2. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
3. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) The current prime minister.
(c) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(d) An important literary figure.
4. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(b) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(c) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
(d) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peppercorn studying for?
2. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
3. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
4. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)