|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(b) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(c) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(d) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
2. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(a) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
3. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
4. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
5. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He was given a large inheritance.
(b) He has a swell job.
(c) His wife came with a dowry.
(d) He has several sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
2. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
4. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
5. Who is Gorky?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)