|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A milk cow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A new wagon.
(d) A plot of land.
2. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(b) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(c) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(d) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(b) She falls in love with another man.
(c) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(d) She commits suicide.
4. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He was given a large inheritance.
(b) He has several sons.
(c) His wife came with a dowry.
(d) He has a swell job.
5. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(b) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(c) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(d) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
5. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)