|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(a) Three times.
(d) Seven Times.
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(b) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(c) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(d) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
3. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 1000 rubles.
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 600 rubles.
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(c) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(d) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
2. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
3. What was Kivke sentenced to run the gauntlet?
4. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
5. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)