|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) Three rubles a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
2. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(b) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(c) They leave to escape the riots.
(d) They go broke and flee their creditors.
3. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 53 rubles.
(b) 137 rubles.
(c) 3 rubles.
(d) 37 rubles.
4. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) Chava and Chevdka.
(b) He is unable to sell his house.
(c) Mendel Beilis.
(d) Ivan Paparilo.
5. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
(a) First class.
(b) Third class.
(c) Second class.
(d) It is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
2. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
4. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
5. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)