|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She does not really like him.
(d) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
2. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A new coat.
(c) A goat.
(d) A milk cow.
3. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(b) Black cherries.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs.
(d) Dried figs.
4. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(b) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(d) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
5. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) From his rabbi.
(b) From his wife.
(c) From the wealthy manor owners.
(d) They are his entire savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
2. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
3. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
4. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)