|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(b) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(c) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(d) She has a severe chest cough.
2. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) The woman's prices are always lower.
(c) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(d) The man's prices are generally lower.
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(b) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(c) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(d) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
4. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
5. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
(a) The Jews mock her and call her a beauty queen.
(b) She finds out that her husband has died.
(c) Her basket is overturned and her merchandise spoiled.
(d) She is insulted by a goy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
2. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
3. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
5. Who is Gorky?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)