|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(b) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(c) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(d) She is indifferent to the match.
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a delivery boy.
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) He is unable to sell his house.
(b) Chava and Chevdka.
(c) Ivan Paparilo.
(d) Mendel Beilis.
4. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 10-15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 9-10 years.
5. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
(a) Because it is not as crowded.
(b) Because he likes saving money.
(c) Because he likes simple people.
(d) Because it is easier to get a ticket last minute.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
3. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
4. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
5. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)