|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Baranovich Station, pp. 152-163, Eighteen from Pereshchepena, pp. 163-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 9-10 years.
(b) 10-15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 3 rubles.
(b) 137 rubles.
(c) 53 rubles.
(d) 37 rubles.
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a doctor.
(b) University Entrance Exams.
(c) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(d) Civil Servant Exams.
4. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her kreplach.
(b) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(c) Her borscht.
(d) Her knishes and baclava.
5. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(c) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(d) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
2. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
4. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
5. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)