|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
(a) Golde does just before she dies.
(b) Podhotzur approaches Tevye himself.
(c) Motl does, as he is a client of his.
(d) The matchmaker Efrayim.
2. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
(a) The Jews mock her and call her a beauty queen.
(b) She finds out that her husband has died.
(c) She is insulted by a goy.
(d) Her basket is overturned and her merchandise spoiled.
3. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
4. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the pond.
(b) Out in the field.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In the stables.
5. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He owns a store.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
2. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
3. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
4. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
5. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)