|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the pond.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the forest.
(d) Out in the field.
2. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(b) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(c) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
(d) She is indifferent to his announcement.
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(b) The Csar.
(c) The unfair market.
4. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She does not really like him.
5. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(b) They leave to escape the riots.
(c) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(d) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
2. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
3. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
5. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)