|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
2. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(c) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(d) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
3. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is indifferent to the match.
(b) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(c) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(d) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(b) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
5. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(c) A week's supply of heartache.
(d) A head full of scrambled brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
2. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
3. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
4. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
5. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)