|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(b) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(c) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(d) She goes away to the university.
2. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 600 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 50 rubles.
4. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(b) Her kreplach.
(c) Her knishes and baclava.
(d) Her borscht.
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(b) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(c) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(d) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
2. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
4. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
5. Who is Gorky?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)