|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has a swell job.
(b) His wife came with a dowry.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) He was given a large inheritance.
2. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) The woman's prices are always lower.
(b) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(c) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(d) The man's prices are generally lower.
3. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) From his rabbi.
(b) From his wife.
(c) They are his entire savings.
(d) From the wealthy manor owners.
4. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
2. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
3. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
4. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
5. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)