|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(b) Her Aunt Chaika.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) Her brother Kivke.
2. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) Civil Servant Exams.
(b) University Entrance Exams.
(c) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(d) He is studying to become a doctor.
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 600 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
4. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the stables.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Out in the field.
(d) In the pond.
5. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
2. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
3. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
4. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
5. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)