|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(b) They leave to escape the riots.
(c) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(d) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
2. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(b) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(c) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
3. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
4. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) A hired housekeeper.
(b) His daughter Tsaytl.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His daughter Beilke.
5. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(b) Only water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
2. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
3. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
4. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)