|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) The axel breaks.
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 53 rubles.
(b) 137 rubles.
(c) 3 rubles.
(d) 37 rubles.
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her brother Kivke.
4. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) A new coat.
(b) 18 rubles.
(c) A milk cow.
(d) A goat.
5. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She does not really like him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
2. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
3. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
4. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
5. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)