|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
(a) His rabbi.
(b) His son.
(c) The wealthy manor owners.
(d) His wife.
3. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
(a) She is insulted by a goy.
(b) She finds out that her husband has died.
(c) The Jews mock her and call her a beauty queen.
(d) Her basket is overturned and her merchandise spoiled.
4. Who is Gorky?
(a) The current prime minister.
(b) A revered Rabbi.
(c) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(d) An important literary figure.
5. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 137 rubles.
(b) 37 rubles.
(c) 53 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
3. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
4. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)