|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(b) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(c) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(d) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
2. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(b) The woman's prices are always lower.
(c) The man's prices are generally lower.
(d) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) A week's supply of heartache.
(c) A head full of scrambled brains.
(d) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A horse.
(b) A milk cow.
(c) A new wagon.
(d) A plot of land.
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(b) A gift for Mendl.
(c) Dairy merchandise.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
2. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
4. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
5. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)