|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(b) She is indifferent to the match.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(d) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
2. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(b) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) He falls asleep driving.
4. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 32 rubles.
(c) 10 rubles.
(d) 25 rubles.
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) University Entrance Exams.
(b) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(c) He is studying to become a doctor.
(d) Civil Servant Exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
4. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
5. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)