|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(d) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
2. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Aunt Chaika.
(c) Her brother Kivke.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
4. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(c) Seven Times.
(d) Three times.
5. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Three rubles a day.
(c) Half a ruble a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
2. What is Peppercorn studying for?
3. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
4. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
5. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)