|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(d) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
2. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(b) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(c) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
3. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(a) Seven Times.
(b) Three times.
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(c) The axel breaks.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
5. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) Ivan Paparilo.
(b) Mendel Beilis.
(c) Chava and Chevdka.
(d) He is unable to sell his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
3. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
5. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)