|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(b) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(c) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(d) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(b) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(c) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(d) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She does not really like him.
4. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(b) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
(c) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(d) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) University Entrance Exams.
(b) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(c) He is studying to become a doctor.
(d) Civil Servant Exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
3. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
5. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)