|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
2. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He attending a University in Odessa.
(b) He had private tutors growing up.
(c) He is self-taught.
(d) He was educated abroad in Germany.
3. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
(a) Hard-boiled eggs.
(b) Black cherries.
(d) Dried figs.
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) He falls asleep driving.
5. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
4. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
5. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)