|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(b) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(c) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
(d) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
2. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(b) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(c) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(d) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
3. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are cousins.
4. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) High Holy Days.
(c) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(c) Mendl is his nephew.
(d) They are third cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
2. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
3. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
4. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
5. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)