|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She does not really like him.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
3. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
4. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) Mendl is his nephew.
(b) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(c) They are first cousins.
(d) They are third cousins.
5. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 32 rubles.
(b) 25 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 10 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
2. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
4. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
5. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)