|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
2. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(b) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(c) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(d) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her brother Kivke.
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) A gift for Mendl.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Dairy merchandise.
(d) The contract he signed with Mendl.
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(a) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
5. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)