|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) His daughter Beilke.
(b) His daughter Tsaytl.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A hired housekeeper.
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
3. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) He gets the stomach flu.
(b) His cart overturns.
(c) He injures his hand.
(d) His cow dies.
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(b) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(c) He keeps Tevye's books.
(d) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(b) Seven Times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
3. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
5. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)