|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
2. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) Second class.
(c) Third class.
(d) First class.
3. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are cousins.
4. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her brother Kivke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
2. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
3. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
4. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
5. Who is Gorky?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)