|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
2. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
3. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
4. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are married.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brother and sister.
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(d) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
2. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
3. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
5. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)