|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) Dairy merchandise.
(b) A gift for Mendl.
(c) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(d) His daughter.
2. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 32 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 25 rubles.
(d) 300 rubles.
3. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He owns a store.
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) Half a ruble a day.
(b) Three rubles a day.
(c) One ruble a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
5. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
2. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
3. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
4. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)