|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
2. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
(a) He is unable to sell his house.
(b) Chava and Chevdka.
(c) Ivan Paparilo.
(d) Mendel Beilis.
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(b) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(c) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(d) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
2. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
3. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)