|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) The axel breaks.
(b) He falls asleep driving.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) His horse smells something and darts after it.
2. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 10-15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 9-10 years.
3. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Hoshana Rabbah.
(b) Rosh Hoshanah.
(d) High Holy Days.
4. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has a swell job.
(b) His wife came with a dowry.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) He was given a large inheritance.
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(b) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(c) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(d) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
3. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
4. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
5. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)