|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a scribe.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 32 rubles.
(d) 25 rubles.
3. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(b) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(c) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(d) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
4. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(c) The Csar.
(d) The unfair market.
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(c) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
2. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. Who is Gorky?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)