|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is indifferent to the match.
(b) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(c) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(d) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
2. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(b) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
3. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(b) Mendl is his nephew.
(c) They are third cousins.
(d) They are first cousins.
4. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(c) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
5. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 600 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 50 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
2. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
3. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
4. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)