|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(b) Only water.
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has several sons.
(b) His wife came with a dowry.
(c) He has a swell job.
(d) He was given a large inheritance.
3. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) He injures his hand.
(b) He gets the stomach flu.
(c) His cart overturns.
(d) His cow dies.
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He owns a store.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a soldier.
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(c) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peppercorn studying for?
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
3. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
4. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)