|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(a) The unfair market.
(b) The Csar.
2. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
3. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her borscht.
(b) Her knishes and baclava.
(c) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(d) Her kreplach.
4. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(b) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(c) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(d) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(d) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
2. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
3. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
4. How was Chvedka educated?
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)