|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a delivery boy.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a soldier.
3. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) He injures his hand.
(b) His cart overturns.
(c) His cow dies.
(d) He gets the stomach flu.
4. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(b) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(c) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(d) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(c) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(d) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
2. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
5. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)