|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(b) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(c) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(d) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
2. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(b) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(c) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(d) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(a) Only water.
5. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
2. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
4. What is Peppercorn studying for?
5. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)