|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(c) Three times.
(d) Seven Times.
2. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her brother Kivke.
3. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(b) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
4. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(b) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(c) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(d) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
5. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(b) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(c) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
4. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)