|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(b) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(c) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(b) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(c) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(d) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(b) The Csar.
(d) The unfair market.
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a week.
(b) Three rubles a day.
(c) One ruble a day.
(d) Half a ruble a day.
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(a) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
2. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
3. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
4. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)