|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) High Holy Days.
(c) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a week.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) Three rubles a day.
(d) One ruble a day.
3. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He was given a large inheritance.
(b) He has a swell job.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) His wife came with a dowry.
4. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
5. Who is Gorky?
(a) The current prime minister.
(b) A revered Rabbi.
(c) An important literary figure.
(d) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
4. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
5. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)