|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 37 rubles.
(b) 3 rubles.
(c) 137 rubles.
(d) 53 rubles.
2. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) His cart overturns.
(b) His cow dies.
(c) He gets the stomach flu.
(d) He injures his hand.
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(b) Her brother Kivke.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) Her Aunt Chaika.
4. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) It begins to rain on him.
(b) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(c) His horse decides to run off.
(d) He hears a woman crying.
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(b) Rosh Hoshanah.
(c) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) High Holy Days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
2. How was Chvedka educated?
3. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
4. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
5. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)