|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) A milk cow.
(b) A new coat.
(c) A goat.
(d) 18 rubles.
2. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
3. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has a swell job.
(b) He has several sons.
(c) He was given a large inheritance.
(d) His wife came with a dowry.
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Chvedka educated?
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
3. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
4. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)