|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the pond.
(b) In the stables.
(c) Out in the field.
(d) In the forest.
2. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is indifferent to the match.
(b) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(d) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
3. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A plot of land.
(b) A horse.
(c) A new wagon.
(d) A milk cow.
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He owns a store.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a soldier.
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her brother Kivke.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
2. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
3. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)