|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
2. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) A week's supply of heartache.
(c) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(d) A head full of scrambled brains.
3. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(b) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(c) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(d) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Three rubles a day.
(c) One ruble a week.
(d) Half a ruble a day.
5. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(b) He puts it in his hat.
(c) He hides it in his shoe.
(d) He ties it to his belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
3. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
5. Who is Gorky?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)