|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a scribe.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a soldier.
2. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) His cart overturns.
(b) He gets the stomach flu.
(c) He injures his hand.
(d) His cow dies.
3. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
4. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
5. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(b) It begins to rain on him.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peppercorn studying for?
2. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
4. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)