|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A goat.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A milk cow.
2. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) Mendl is his nephew.
(b) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(c) They are first cousins.
(d) They are third cousins.
3. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
4. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her kreplach.
(b) Her knishes and baclava.
(c) Her borscht.
(d) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
2. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
4. Who is Gorky?
5. What is Chvedka's profession?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)