|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(b) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(c) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(d) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
2. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(b) A gift for Mendl.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
3. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He was educated abroad in Germany.
(b) He had private tutors growing up.
(c) He attending a University in Odessa.
(d) He is self-taught.
4. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) His cart overturns.
(b) He gets the stomach flu.
(c) His cow dies.
(d) He injures his hand.
5. Who is Gorky?
(a) The current prime minister.
(b) An important literary figure.
(c) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(d) A revered Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
4. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
5. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)