|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(b) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(c) She goes away to the university.
(d) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
2. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She falls in love with another man.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(d) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
3. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(a) Only water.
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) He falls asleep driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
2. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
3. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
4. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
5. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)