|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
2. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Rosh Hoshanah.
(b) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) High Holy Days.
3. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
4. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) His cow dies.
(b) His cart overturns.
(c) He injures his hand.
(d) He gets the stomach flu.
5. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A horse.
(b) A new wagon.
(c) A plot of land.
(d) A milk cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
3. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
4. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)