|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(b) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(c) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(d) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
2. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(d) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) Civil Servant Exams.
(b) University Entrance Exams.
(c) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(d) He is studying to become a doctor.
4. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
5. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has several sons.
(b) He has a swell job.
(c) His wife came with a dowry.
(d) He was given a large inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
2. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
3. Who is Gorky?
4. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)