|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(b) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(c) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) The axel breaks.
(b) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) He falls asleep driving.
3. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(b) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(c) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(d) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
5. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(b) He hears a woman crying.
(c) It begins to rain on him.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Chvedka educated?
2. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
4. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)