|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He keeps Tevye's books.
(b) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(c) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(d) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He ties it to his belt.
(b) He hides it in his shoe.
(c) He puts it in his hat.
(d) He sews it into his breast pocket.
3. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her borscht.
(b) Her knishes and baclava.
(c) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(d) Her kreplach.
4. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(c) The unfair market.
(d) The Csar.
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) Mendl is his nephew.
(c) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(d) They are third cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
4. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
5. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)