|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 600 rubles.
(d) 300 rubles.
2. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her kreplach.
(b) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(c) Her borscht.
(d) Her knishes and baclava.
3. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) His horse decides to run off.
(b) He hears a woman crying.
(c) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(d) It begins to rain on him.
4. Who is Gorky?
(a) An important literary figure.
(b) A revered Rabbi.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her brother Kivke.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(d) Her Aunt Chaika.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
3. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
4. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
5. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)