|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(b) Only water.
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A new wagon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A plot of land.
(d) A milk cow.
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her Aunt Chaika.
(b) Her brother Kivke.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
4. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) He injures his hand.
(b) He gets the stomach flu.
(c) His cart overturns.
(d) His cow dies.
5. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) An important literary figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
2. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
4. What is Chvedka's profession?
5. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)