|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
2. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) A gift for Mendl.
(b) Dairy merchandise.
(c) His daughter.
(d) The contract he signed with Mendl.
3. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Aunt Chaika.
(c) Her brother Kivke.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
4. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(b) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(c) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(d) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
5. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a delivery boy.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
3. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
4. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)