|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is indifferent to the match.
(b) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(d) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
2. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He attending a University in Odessa.
(b) He had private tutors growing up.
(c) He was educated abroad in Germany.
(d) He is self-taught.
3. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(a) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
4. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(b) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(c) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(d) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
3. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
4. Who is Gorky?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)