|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gorky?
(a) An important literary figure.
(b) The current prime minister.
(c) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(d) A revered Rabbi.
2. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(b) He keeps Tevye's books.
(c) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(d) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
3. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(d) Only water.
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He owns a store.
(d) He is a tailor.
5. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He hears a woman crying.
(b) It begins to rain on him.
(c) His horse decides to run off.
(d) He finds a ruble on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
4. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
5. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)