|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(b) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(c) She wants to become a nun.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
2. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 9-10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10-15 years.
3. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(b) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(c) She goes away to the university.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) Three rubles a day.
(b) One ruble a week.
(c) Half a ruble a day.
(d) One ruble a day.
5. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) An important literary figure.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peppercorn studying for?
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
5. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)