|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 9-10 years.
(b) 10-15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) A week's supply of heartache.
(c) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(d) A head full of scrambled brains.
3. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(b) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(c) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(d) He keeps Tevye's books.
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes away to the university.
(b) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(c) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her Aunt Chaika.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) Her brother Kivke.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
3. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)