|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(a) Seven Times.
(c) Three times.
2. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He owns a store.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a tailor.
3. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(b) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(b) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(c) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(d) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(b) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(c) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(d) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
2. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
4. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)