|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Dairy merchandise.
(c) A gift for Mendl.
(d) The contract he signed with Mendl.
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(c) The unfair market.
(d) The Csar.
3. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(c) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(d) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
4. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the pond.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Out in the field.
(d) In the stables.
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) The axel breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
4. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)