|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(b) She is indifferent to the match.
(c) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(d) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
2. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(d) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
3. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has a swell job.
(b) He was given a large inheritance.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) His wife came with a dowry.
4. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Rosh Hoshanah.
(b) High Holy Days.
(d) Hoshana Rabbah.
5. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A milk cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A new coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
2. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
3. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
4. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)