|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) A gift for Mendl.
(b) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(c) Dairy merchandise.
(d) His daughter.
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He puts it in his hat.
(b) He ties it to his belt.
(c) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(d) He hides it in his shoe.
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) Civil Servant Exams.
(b) University Entrance Exams.
(c) He is studying to become a doctor.
(d) He is studying to become a lawyer.
4. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) A week's supply of heartache.
(b) A head full of scrambled brains.
(c) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(d) Some fine hunger pains.
5. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A plot of land.
(b) A horse.
(c) A milk cow.
(d) A new wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
3. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
5. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)