|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is indifferent to the match.
(b) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(c) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(d) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
3. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) High Holy Days.
(b) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(d) Only water.
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(b) A gift for Mendl.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)