|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the pond.
(d) Out in the field.
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 137 rubles.
(b) 53 rubles.
(c) 37 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
3. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(d) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
4. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(b) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(c) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(d) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
5. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her borscht.
(b) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(c) Her knishes and baclava.
(d) Her kreplach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peppercorn studying for?
2. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
3. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)