|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(c) Seven Times.
(d) Three times.
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(a) The unfair market.
(b) The Csar.
3. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He keeps Tevye's books.
(b) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(c) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(d) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Three rubles a day.
(c) Half a ruble a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
5. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 137 rubles.
(b) 53 rubles.
(c) 37 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
2. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)