|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(b) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(c) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(d) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(c) The Csar.
(d) The unfair market.
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He owns a store.
5. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He was given a large inheritance.
(b) His wife came with a dowry.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) He has a swell job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
3. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
5. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)