|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(b) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(c) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(d) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a doctor.
(b) Civil Servant Exams.
(c) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(d) University Entrance Exams.
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He owns a store.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a soldier.
5. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her knishes and baclava.
(b) Her kreplach.
(c) Her borscht.
(d) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
2. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
4. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
5. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)