|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
3. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(a) Only water.
4. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) A week's supply of heartache.
(c) A head full of scrambled brains.
(d) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
5. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) A milk cow.
(b) 18 rubles.
(c) A goat.
(d) A new coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
2. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)