|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her brother Kivke.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
2. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
3. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(b) Hoshana Rabbah.
(c) High Holy Days.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He runs into him by chance at the market.
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(b) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(c) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(d) She is angry at him for being drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
3. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
4. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)