|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her knishes and baclava.
(b) Her borscht.
(c) Her kreplach.
(d) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(d) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
3. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 37 rubles.
(b) 3 rubles.
(c) 137 rubles.
(d) 53 rubles.
4. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) The axel breaks.
(b) He falls asleep driving.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
2. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
3. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)