|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(b) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(c) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(d) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) He has several sons.
(b) He was given a large inheritance.
(c) He has a swell job.
(d) His wife came with a dowry.
3. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her knishes and baclava.
(b) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(c) Her kreplach.
(d) Her borscht.
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A gift for Mendl.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(d) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
3. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)