|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) He injures his hand.
(b) He gets the stomach flu.
(c) His cow dies.
(d) His cart overturns.
2. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(d) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
3. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10-15 years.
(d) 9-10 years.
4. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He ties it to his belt.
(b) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(c) He puts it in his hat.
(d) He hides it in his shoe.
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
2. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
3. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
4. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
5. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)