|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He owns a store.
(d) He is a tailor.
2. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(d) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
3. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) He gets the stomach flu.
(b) His cow dies.
(c) He injures his hand.
(d) His cart overturns.
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(b) He keeps Tevye's books.
(c) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(d) He repairs Tevye's roof.
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
3. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
4. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)