|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Hoshana Rabbah.
(c) High Holy Days.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(b) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(c) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(d) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
3. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(b) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
4. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(b) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(d) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
3. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
4. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)