|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(b) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(c) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(d) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(b) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(c) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(d) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) Out in the field.
(b) In the pond.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the forest.
4. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) His horse decides to run off.
(b) It begins to rain on him.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) He finds a ruble on the ground.
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(b) Rosh Hoshanah.
(c) High Holy Days.
(d) Hoshana Rabbah.
Short Answer Questions
1. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
2. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
3. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)