|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(c) Only water.
2. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(b) Civil Servant Exams.
(c) He is studying to become a doctor.
(d) University Entrance Exams.
4. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10-15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 9-10 years.
5. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He owns a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
2. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
3. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
4. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)