|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He keeps Tevye's books.
(b) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(c) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(d) He repairs Tevye's roof.
2. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 600 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) His horse smells something and darts after it.
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her brother Kivke.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
2. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
4. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)