|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A milk cow.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A goat.
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
(a) His wife came with a dowry.
(b) He was given a large inheritance.
(c) He has several sons.
(d) He has a swell job.
3. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
4. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(b) Three times.
(d) Seven Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
3. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)