|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is indifferent to the match.
(b) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(d) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(d) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
3. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(b) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
4. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(b) He hides it in his shoe.
(c) He puts it in his hat.
(d) He ties it to his belt.
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(b) Three times.
(c) Seven Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
2. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
3. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
4. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)