|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
(a) His cow dies.
(b) He injures his hand.
(c) He gets the stomach flu.
(d) His cart overturns.
2. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(c) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(d) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
3. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(b) Rosh Hoshanah.
(c) Hoshana Rabbah.
(d) High Holy Days.
4. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the pond.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the stables.
(d) Out in the field.
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) His horse smells something and darts after it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
2. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
3. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
4. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
5. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)