|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(b) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(c) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(d) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
2. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) A gift for Mendl.
(b) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
3. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(b) She goes away to the university.
(c) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
4. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He ties it to his belt.
(b) He puts it in his hat.
(c) He hides it in his shoe.
(d) He sews it into his breast pocket.
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(b) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(c) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(d) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
4. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)