|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wedding That Came Without Its Band, pp. 194-199, The Tallis Koton, pp. 199-207.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(b) The Csar.
(c) The unfair market.
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(c) She does not really like him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
4. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(b) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(c) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(d) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
5. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
2. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
3. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
4. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
5. How did Etke die?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)