Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Reader, pp. 135-136, Competitors, pp. 136-143 , The Happiest Man in Kodny, pp. 143-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(b) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(c) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(d) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
3. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He keeps Tevye's books.
(b) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(c) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(d) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
4. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(b) University Entrance Exams.
(c) Civil Servant Exams.
(d) He is studying to become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
3. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
4. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
5. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)