Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chava, pp. 69-82, Shprintze, pp. 82-97.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gorky?
(a) An important literary figure.
(b) The current prime minister.
(c) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(d) A revered Rabbi.
2. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 137 rubles.
(b) 53 rubles.
(c) 37 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
3. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(d) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
4. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
5. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(c) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(d) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
3. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
4. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)