|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(b) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(c) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(d) She goes away to the university.
2. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(b) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(c) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
(d) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a week.
(b) One ruble a day.
(c) Half a ruble a day.
(d) Three rubles a day.
4. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) It begins to rain on him.
(b) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
5. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(b) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
(c) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(d) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
2. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
3. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
4. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
5. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)