|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(b) They leave to escape the riots.
(c) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(d) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
2. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) His daughter Tsaytl.
(b) A hired housekeeper.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His daughter Beilke.
3. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A new wagon.
(b) A plot of land.
(c) A horse.
(d) A milk cow.
4. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(a) Three times.
(d) Seven Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
2. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
3. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
5. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)