|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
2. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) They are third cousins.
(c) Mendl is his nephew.
(d) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(c) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
4. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Aunt Chaika.
(c) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(d) Her brother Kivke.
5. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(b) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(c) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(d) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
2. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
3. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
4. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
5. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)