|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(d) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
2. Who is Gorky?
(a) An important literary figure.
(b) A revered Rabbi.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
3. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) His daughter Beilke.
(b) A hired housekeeper.
(c) His daughter Tsaytl.
(d) His cousin.
4. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a delivery boy.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a soldier.
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(c) A gift for Mendl.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
2. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
4. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
5. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)