|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(b) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(c) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(d) They leave to escape the riots.
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) It begins to rain on him.
(b) He hears a woman crying.
(c) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(c) The axel breaks.
(d) His horse smells something and darts after it.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(d) Only water.
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a doctor.
(b) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(c) Civil Servant Exams.
(d) University Entrance Exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
3. What is Chvedka's profession?
4. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)