|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He owns a store.
(d) He is a carpenter.
2. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(b) They leave to escape the riots.
(c) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(d) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
3. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 3 rubles.
(b) 137 rubles.
(c) 37 rubles.
(d) 53 rubles.
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(a) Only water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
2. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
3. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
4. What is Chvedka's profession?
5. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)