|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(b) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(c) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
2. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(b) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(c) They leave to escape the riots.
(d) They go broke and flee their creditors.
3. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He owns a store.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a soldier.
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) Dairy merchandise.
(b) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(c) His daughter.
(d) A gift for Mendl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
4. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)