|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
2. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(b) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(c) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(d) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(b) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(c) She wants to become a nun.
(d) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
4. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He owns a store.
(d) He is a carpenter.
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(c) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
3. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
4. How was Chvedka educated?
5. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)