|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He ties it to his belt.
(b) He puts it in his hat.
(c) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(d) He hides it in his shoe.
2. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) Her brother Kivke.
(b) Her Aunt Chaika.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(b) A head full of scrambled brains.
(c) Some fine hunger pains.
(d) A week's supply of heartache.
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
5. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) Mendl is his nephew.
(b) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(c) They are first cousins.
(d) They are third cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
4. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
5. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)