|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She wants to become a nun.
(b) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(c) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(d) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
2. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(b) He keeps Tevye's books.
(c) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
(d) He repairs Tevye's roof.
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) He falls asleep driving.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
4. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) Out in the field.
(b) In the pond.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the forest.
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(c) Three times.
(d) Seven Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
3. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
4. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)