|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
2. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) Out in the field.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the pond.
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) Three rubles a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) He falls asleep driving.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
3. How was Chvedka educated?
4. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
5. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)