|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Aunt Chaika.
(c) Her brother Kivke.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(b) The unfair market.
(c) The Csar.
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) One ruble a week.
(c) Three rubles a day.
(d) Half a ruble a day.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(a) Only water.
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(b) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(c) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(d) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
3. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
4. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)