|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(d) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He puts it in his hat.
(b) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(c) He hides it in his shoe.
(d) He ties it to his belt.
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She does not really like him.
(b) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is in love with him.
4. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(d) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
5. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(b) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(c) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(d) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
3. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
4. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
5. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)