|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
(b) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(c) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(d) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 600 rubles.
4. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
5. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He ties it to his belt.
(b) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(c) He hides it in his shoe.
(d) He puts it in his hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
3. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
4. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
5. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)