|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) University Entrance Exams.
(b) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(c) He is studying to become a doctor.
(d) Civil Servant Exams.
2. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) A head full of scrambled brains.
(c) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(d) A week's supply of heartache.
3. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Dairy merchandise.
(c) A gift for Mendl.
(d) The contract he signed with Mendl.
4. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(d) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
2. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
3. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
4. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
5. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)