|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Out in the field.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the pond.
2. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(b) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(c) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(d) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(b) A week's supply of heartache.
(c) Some fine hunger pains.
(d) A head full of scrambled brains.
4. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(b) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(c) She is angry at him for being drunk.
(d) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(b) University Entrance Exams.
(c) Civil Servant Exams.
(d) He is studying to become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
3. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
4. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
5. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)