|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) Mendl is his nephew.
(c) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(d) They are third cousins.
2. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(b) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(c) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(d) They leave to escape the riots.
3. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
(b) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(c) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(d) She goes away to the university.
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
(a) A milk cow.
(b) A plot of land.
(c) A new wagon.
(d) A horse.
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(b) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(c) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(d) He runs into him by chance at the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
2. Who is Gorky?
3. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
4. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)