|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(a) The unfair market.
(d) The Csar.
2. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) An important literary figure.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
3. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(b) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(c) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
(d) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 600 rubles.
(d) 50 rubles.
5. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes away to the university.
(b) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(c) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
4. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)