|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
2. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
3. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a delivery boy.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a scribe.
4. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
(a) Golde does just before she dies.
(b) Motl does, as he is a client of his.
(c) Podhotzur approaches Tevye himself.
(d) The matchmaker Efrayim.
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(b) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(c) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(d) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
3. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
4. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)