|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(b) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(c) She goes away to the university.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
2. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(b) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(c) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(d) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
4. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(b) They are first cousins.
(c) Mendl is his nephew.
(d) They are third cousins.
5. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a scribe.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a delivery boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
2. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
3. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
4. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
5. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)