|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(b) She goes away to the university.
(c) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
2. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(a) The unfair market.
(b) The Csar.
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 600 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
4. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
5. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
(a) Clocks and mirrors.
(b) Paintings and books.
(c) Sculptures and vases.
(d) Stuffed animals and skeletons.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
3. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)