|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She falls in love with another man.
(b) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(c) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(d) She commits suicide.
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(c) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(d) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
4. Where does Hodl go at the end of the chapter Hodl?
(a) She moves in with an aunt at Yehuputz.
(b) She goes away to the university.
(c) She goes to join Peppercorn in Siberia.
(d) She refuses to tell Tevye where she is going.
5. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(b) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
(c) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(d) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
2. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
3. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
5. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)