Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tevye Leaves for the Land of Israel, pp. 97-116, Lekh-Lekho, pp. 116-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(b) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(c) She falls in love with another man.
(d) She commits suicide.
2. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(c) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(d) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
3. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
(a) He wants to arrange a marriage with Layzar and his daughter.
(b) It is a social call, as Layzar and Tevye are friends.
(c) He thinks Layzar wants to buy his brown cow.
(d) Layzar has ordered some dairy goods from him.
4. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(b) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
(c) They leave to escape the riots.
(d) They go broke and flee their creditors.
5. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(b) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(c) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(d) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
2. What is Peppercorn studying for?
3. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)