|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He attending a University in Odessa.
(b) He is self-taught.
(c) He had private tutors growing up.
(d) He was educated abroad in Germany.
2. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 1000 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
3. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He makes vinegar.
(c) He is a mason.
(d) He is a cantor.
4. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(b) Seven Times.
(d) Three times.
5. How does the train eventually stop?
(a) It loses momentum climbing a steep hill.
(b) It runs off track and crashes.
(c) Train engineers manage to put something on the tracks to stop it.
(d) It runs out of fuel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
2. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
3. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
4. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)