|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
(a) He eats his breakfast.
(b) He reads his prayer book.
(c) He smokes a cigarette.
(d) He goes back to sleep.
2. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
(a) 400 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 200 rubles.
(d) 600 rubles.
3. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a cantor.
(b) He is a mason.
(c) He makes vinegar.
(d) He is a tailor.
4. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(b) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(c) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(d) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
5. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(b) Her borscht.
(c) Her knishes and baclava.
(d) Her kreplach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
2. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
3. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)