|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) The man did not know the ending.
(b) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
(c) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(d) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a delivery boy.
3. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
(a) 600 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 200 rubles.
(d) 400 rubles.
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
5. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 600 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
2. What was Kivke sentenced to run the gauntlet?
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
4. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
5. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)