|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He was fated to live another year.
(b) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
(c) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
(d) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
2. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(b) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(c) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
(d) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 600 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
4. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
5. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(b) Make a jump for it.
(c) Wait for help.
(d) Pull the brake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
2. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. What does Berko do for a living?
4. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)