|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) He falls asleep driving.
3. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 1000 rubles.
(c) 400 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
4. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
5. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 600 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
2. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
3. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
4. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)