|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
(a) 400 rubles.
(b) 200 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 600 rubles.
2. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Make a jump for it.
(b) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(c) Wait for help.
(d) Pull the brake.
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(b) The unfair market.
(d) The Csar.
4. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
2. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
3. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
4. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)