|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Make a jump for it.
(b) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(c) Wait for help.
(d) Pull the brake.
2. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her kreplach.
(b) Her knishes and baclava.
(c) Her borscht.
(d) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
3. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
4. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are third cousins.
(b) Mendl is his nephew.
(c) They are first cousins.
(d) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
5. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(b) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
(c) They were given a tax break.
(d) It was an easy way to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
3. Who is Gorky?
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
5. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)