|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
(a) He spends the holiday with friends in Heysen.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He travels up the line.
(d) He is taken to jail for starting the locamotive.
2. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
(b) The man did not know the ending.
(c) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(d) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
3. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a mason.
(c) He is a cantor.
(d) He makes vinegar.
4. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She wants to become a nun.
(b) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(c) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(d) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
5. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
(b) Her knishes and baclava.
(c) Her kreplach.
(d) Her borscht.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Chvedka educated?
2. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
3. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)