|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(b) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(c) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
(d) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
2. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
(a) Because it is easier to get a ticket last minute.
(b) Because he likes saving money.
(c) Because he likes simple people.
(d) Because it is not as crowded.
3. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
4. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) The axel breaks.
(b) He falls asleep driving.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) His horse smells something and darts after it.
5. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
(a) Stuffed animals and skeletons.
(b) Paintings and books.
(c) Clocks and mirrors.
(d) Sculptures and vases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
2. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
3. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
4. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)