|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(b) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a soldier.
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(c) The Csar.
(d) The unfair market.
4. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
(a) Because it is easier to get a ticket last minute.
(b) Because he likes simple people.
(c) Because it is not as crowded.
(d) Because he likes saving money.
5. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
3. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
4. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
5. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)