|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
(a) The Head Tax on Jews.
(b) Restrictive school quotas for Jews.
(c) Conscription of Jews into the army.
(d) The pogroms against Jews in their town.
2. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(b) They were given a tax break.
(c) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
(d) It was an easy way to make money.
3. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
4. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(b) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(c) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(d) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
5. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
3. Who is Gorky?
4. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
5. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)