|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
(a) Clocks and mirrors.
(b) Paintings and books.
(c) Stuffed animals and skeletons.
(d) Sculptures and vases.
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(b) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(c) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
(d) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
3. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
(c) Seven Times.
(d) Three times.
4. Who is Gorky?
(a) The current prime minister.
(b) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(c) A revered Rabbi.
(d) An important literary figure.
5. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) The man did not know the ending.
(b) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
(c) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
(d) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
3. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
4. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)