|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the train eventually stop?
(a) It runs off track and crashes.
(b) It runs out of fuel.
(c) It loses momentum climbing a steep hill.
(d) Train engineers manage to put something on the tracks to stop it.
2. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
(a) He shakes hands with him.
(b) He completely ignores him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He shouts curses at him.
3. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
(a) Clocks and mirrors.
(b) Paintings and books.
(c) Sculptures and vases.
(d) Stuffed animals and skeletons.
4. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) The man did not know the ending.
(b) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(c) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
(d) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
5. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
2. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
3. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
4. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)