|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 1000 rubles.
(c) 200 rubles.
(d) 400 rubles.
2. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
(a) He travels up the line.
(b) He spends the holiday with friends in Heysen.
(c) He is taken to jail for starting the locamotive.
(d) He returns home.
3. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
(a) Podhotzur establishes a great business there.
(b) They go broke and flee their creditors.
(c) They leave to escape the riots.
(d) Podhotzur has family there and wants to live in New York.
4. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
(a) He bribes officials to let him off with a three ruble fine.
(b) He finds a man willing to switch places with Kivke.
(c) He arranges to have him declared dead.
(d) He gets him pardoned with the governor.
5. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He hides it in his shoe.
(b) He ties it to his belt.
(c) He puts it in his hat.
(d) He sews it into his breast pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
3. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
4. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
5. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)