|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(b) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
(c) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
(d) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a delivery boy.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a farmer.
3. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) Mendl is his nephew.
(c) They are third cousins.
(d) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
4. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(b) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(c) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(d) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
5. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She falls in love with another man.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(d) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
2. How was Chvedka educated?
3. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
4. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
5. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)