|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
(b) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(c) It was an easy way to make money.
(d) They were given a tax break.
2. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
(a) He spends the holiday with friends in Heysen.
(b) He travels up the line.
(c) He is taken to jail for starting the locamotive.
(d) He returns home.
3. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
4. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(b) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(c) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
(d) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
5. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
(a) He completely ignores him.
(b) He shakes hands with him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He shouts curses at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kivke sentenced to run the gauntlet?
2. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
4. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)