Tevye Strikes It Rich, pp. 1-20
• Tevye is impoverished until one day on his way home from work he discovers two women who are lost in the forest.
• Tevye gives the women a ride to their dacha where people are happy to see them, and they give Tevye lots of food and cash as a reward.
• The rich Jew also promises Tevye a milk cow for a reward.
• Tevye returns home to his wife Golde and their children and find that he has 37 rubles.
• Tevye and Golde contemplate many ways to invest and eventually decide to buy an additional milk cow and become a dairyman, selling goods to the rich Jews in their summer dachas.
Tevye Blows a Small Fortune, pp. 20-35
• After Tevye makes money as a dairyman, people pay attention and treat him differently.
• He meets his cousin named Menachem Mendl in Yehupetz and...
This section contains 2,746 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)