|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarzan write on the bark for D’Arnot?
(a) Tells him Jane is safe.
(b) Draws a picture of the black village.
(c) Who Tarzan is.
(d) Gives him directions to the cabin.
2. What does Clayton do when Tarzan brings Jane to the town?
(a) Hugs Tarzan.
(b) Kisses Jane.
(c) Shakes Tarzan’s hand.
3. What does Tarzan say to Jane about the distance to America from Africa?
(a) He has crossed continents and oceans for her.
(b) It is farther than it looks on the map.
(c) It took longer for him to get there than he thought it would.
(d) It is not as far as he thought it would be.
4. What does D'Arnot show the police official?
(a) Lord Greystoke’s diary.
(b) A map of where the chest is hidden.
(c) His list of names of the men who were killed in the jungle.
(d) His passport.
5. What does Clayton say about Tarzan and the attack on the French?
(a) Tarzan killed about six warriors by himself.
(b) He may have been a part of the attack.
(c) Tarzan saved all of them.
(d) Clayton does not mention Tarzan and the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Canler tell Jane about why he cannot wait a few days to marry?
2. What does D'Arnot use to explain to Tarzan how far America is?
3. What kind of king is Terkoz?
4. What did Clayton think had happened to the Greystokes before they found the cabin?
5. What does Tarzan tell Jane when he asks her to marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Canler arrives at the farmhouse?
2. What does Tarzan think as he watches the burial of the Greystokes and what does the Professor say about his treasure after the burial?
3. Why is Mr. Canler talking to the Professor at the beginning of Chapter 27 and how does the conversation end?
4. How does Tarzan meet up with Jane in Wisconsin?
5. What does Jane do as Tarzan carries her into the jungle, what does Tarzan think about humans and mating and what does he bring Jane?
6. How does Tarzan end up winning a bet with a man in Chapter 26?
7. In Paris, what does D'Arnot do about proving to Tarzan who Tarzan’s parents were?
8. Where does D'Arnot wake up in Chapter 22 and what does he remember when he wakes?
9. What does D'Arnot find out about Tarzan’s parents and what does Tarzan say about it?
10. How does Tarzan rescue Jane?
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)