|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the French soldiers do at the village?
(a) Hang everyone in the village except children.
(b) Take all the warriors prisoner.
(c) Kill all the warriors.
(d) Rescue D’Arnot.
2. How does Jane respond when Clayton calls her by her first name?
(a) With anger.
(d) She does not hear him say her name.
3. What does the French officer who comes to shore ask Clayton?
(a) If they are planning to settle on that beach.
(b) If he is William Cecil Clayton.
(c) If Professor Porter is with them.
(d) If he has witnessed a mutiny.
4. What does the police official do with Tarzan?
(a) Shows him how to fire a pistol.
(b) Gives him a passport.
(c) Makes him up an I.D.
(d) Fingerprints him.
5. What does Tarzan tell Jane when he asks her to marry him?
(a) That they can live in Wisconsin.
(b) That he has become a civilized man for her.
(c) That he is an English Lord.
(d) That he has plenty of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that left the five people stranded on the beach?
2. Where does Tarzan and D'Arnot visit a police official?
3. What does Tarzan do when the two men come to a palisade?
4. In Chapter 16, what do Mr. Philander and the Professor realize as they are standing on the beach arguing?
5. Why do Mr. Philander and the Professor fall out of the tree in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the farmhouse in Wisconsin like and what does Jane tell Clayton when she arrives there?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 22, what does Lieutenant Charpentier decide to do and how does he do it?
3. How do D'Arnot and Tarzan start to communicate and what does D'Arnot learn about Tarzan?
4. How is D'Arnot rescued from the village?
5. What does Tarzan see as he watches the ship from a different vantage point than the cabin?
6. What happens when Canler arrives at the farmhouse?
7. How does Tarzan meet up with Jane in Wisconsin?
8. What does Tarzan see when he returns to the cabin at night and what does he do after the five castaways go to sleep?
9. Why is Mr. Canler talking to the Professor at the beginning of Chapter 27 and how does the conversation end?
10. Why do Jane and Clayton have a falling out?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)