|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Arnot tell Tarzan they will need if they are going to travel?
(a) Better clothing.
(d) Good shoes.
2. What does the five people in the cabin do when they wake up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Begin to prepare food.
(c) Build a large bon fire.
(d) Call for Tarzan.
3. Where does Tarzan and D'Arnot visit a police official?
4. Of what relation is Clayton to Greystoke?
(a) Younger brother.
(b) Older brother.
5. What does Canler tell Jane about why he cannot wait a few days to marry?
(a) He does not want her to run away.
(b) The farmhouse burned down.
(c) They have a train to catch.
(d) He has to be in New York in three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tarzan take the lieutenant?
2. What does D'Arnot use to explain to Tarzan how far America is?
3. Why does D'Arnot throw himself on the bed in despair?
4. What does Jane wonder as she thinks about marrying Tarzan?
5. Why does Tarzan decide to take Jane into the jungle instead of returning her to the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clayton figure out what happened to his uncle, Lord Greystoke?
2. How does Tarzan meet up with Jane in Wisconsin?
3. What does Tarzan think as he watches the burial of the Greystokes and what does the Professor say about his treasure after the burial?
4. What does Tarzan see as he watches the ship from a different vantage point than the cabin?
5. Where does D'Arnot wake up in Chapter 22 and what does he remember when he wakes?
6. How do D'Arnot and Tarzan start to communicate and what does D'Arnot learn about Tarzan?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 22, what does Lieutenant Charpentier decide to do and how does he do it?
8. Why do Tarzan and D'Arnot decide to leave the cabin?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where are the Professor and Mr. Philander, what are they doing and why is Tarzan laughing at them?
10. Why is Mr. Canler talking to the Professor at the beginning of Chapter 27 and how does the conversation end?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)