|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarzan do when Canler takes Jane’s arm to take her with him?
(a) He tells Canler to stop.
(b) Tarzan grabs Canler by the throat.
(c) Tarzan tells the Professor to stop Canler.
(d) Tarzan takes Jane’s other arm.
2. What does Canler tell Jane about why he cannot wait a few days to marry?
(a) He has to be in New York in three days.
(b) They have a train to catch.
(c) The farmhouse burned down.
(d) He does not want her to run away.
3. How does Tarzan get the villagers to run away from the lieutenant?
(a) He pulls a large man into a tree with his rope.
(b) He roars like a lion in a number of different places.
(c) He kills the chief.
(d) He calls his ape tribe to help him.
4. What does D'Arnot tell Tarzan they will need if they are going to travel?
(a) Good shoes.
(d) Better clothing.
5. Where is D’Arnot at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) At the cannibal village.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In a grassy shelter.
(d) In the tree house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarzan bring Jane when he settles her on a grassy spot?
2. What does Clayton ask Jane as they are riding in the car?
3. What do the French soldiers do at the village?
4. How many French soldiers were killed in the attack by the black warriors?
5. What does Tarzan do when Mr. Philander and the Professor will not follow him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tarzan end up winning a bet with a man in Chapter 26?
2. Why is Mr. Canler talking to the Professor at the beginning of Chapter 27 and how does the conversation end?
3. How do D'Arnot and Tarzan start to communicate and what does D'Arnot learn about Tarzan?
4. In Paris, what does D'Arnot do about proving to Tarzan who Tarzan’s parents were?
5. How does Lieutenant D'Arnot get dragged to the cannibal village?
6. What happens when Canler arrives at the farmhouse?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 22, what does Lieutenant Charpentier decide to do and how does he do it?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where are the Professor and Mr. Philander, what are they doing and why is Tarzan laughing at them?
9. What does D'Arnot find out about Tarzan’s parents and what does Tarzan say about it?
10. How does Clayton figure out what happened to his uncle, Lord Greystoke?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)