|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Arnot tell Tarzan about cooked food?
(a) Tarzan must learn to eat it.
(b) D'Arnot does not mention cooked food.
(c) It is better for the body.
(d) It kills all the germs.
2. What does Clayton say to Tarzan when Tarzan brings Jane to the town?
(a) That Tarzan looks familiar.
(b) That Tarzan seems to get along okay in civilization.
(c) That Jane told Clayton she loves Tarzan.
(d) He is surprised that Tarzan can drive a car.
3. What does D'Arnot write Tarzan at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) That D'Arnot has broken his leg.
(b) That Tarzan is Lord Greystoke.
(c) That Clayton is the official Lord Greystoke.
(d) That he misses Tarzan.
4. What do Jane and Tarzan hear when they first arrive back at the cabin in Chapter 20?
(a) A lion roaring.
(b) Clayton yelling.
(c) The Professor and Mr. Philander arguing.
5. What does Tarzan tell D'Arnot when D'Arnot asks him to take a note to the cabin?
(a) He will be glad to take them a note.
(b) He has already done that.
(c) He does not know where the cabin is.
(d) He cannot leave D'Arnot alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane respond when Clayton calls her by her first name?
2. What does Tarzan notice the ship doing when Tarzan sees smoke on the horizon?
3. How does Tarzan get the villagers to run away from the lieutenant?
4. What does Clayton say about Tarzan and the attack on the French?
5. What does Tarzan bring Jane when he settles her on a grassy spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Canler arrives at the farmhouse?
2. How does Clayton figure out what happened to his uncle, Lord Greystoke?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 22, what does Lieutenant Charpentier decide to do and how does he do it?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where are the Professor and Mr. Philander, what are they doing and why is Tarzan laughing at them?
5. What is the farmhouse in Wisconsin like and what does Jane tell Clayton when she arrives there?
6. How does Tarzan meet up with Jane in Wisconsin?
7. How does it happen that Jane does not marry Canler?
8. How do the two old men get out of the tree in Chapter 16 and how does Tarzan get them back to the cabin?
9. Where does D'Arnot wake up in Chapter 22 and what does he remember when he wakes?
10. What does Tarzan do for Jane for the night and what does he find out about his locket?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)