|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what attacks Lord Greystoke when he is trying to cut down a tree?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A great bull ape.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A lion.
2. Where does Kerchak tell the tribe to follow him to in Chapter 4?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To the sea.
(c) To the river.
(d) Into the jungle.
3. How do Clayton and Tarzan get to the cabin from the jungle in Chapter 15?
(a) They run.
(b) Tarzan and Clayton swing through the trees.
(c) Tarzan carries Clayton on his back.
(d) Tarzan swings in the trees as Clayton runs on the ground.
4. Why can’t Tarzan read his father’s diary?
(a) It is written in French.
(b) It is written in German.
(c) It is written in cursive.
(d) It is written in code.
5. What does Kala’s mate want to do with Tarzan?
(a) Nothing, he is indifferent to Tarzan.
(b) Give him to another she ape.
(c) Teach him how to move through the trees.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Tarzan do when a lion kills his friend?
2. In Chapter 10, what is the woman Tarzan sees at the village of the blacks doing?
3. What happens to Kala’s infant?
4. About how many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe?
5. In Chapter 14, how does Tarzan save Clayton’s life the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tarzan and Clayton get back to the cabin fast when they hear a gunshot?
2. What does Lord Greystoke witness on the ship and what does Black Michael say is to be his fate?
3. What does Tarzan see in Chapter 13 when he returns to the cabin from getting clothing?
4. What does the Greystoke couple do in Freetown and how does Lord Greystoke run afoul of a ship captain?
5. How is Jane saved from the lioness trying to get into the cabin?
6. How does Kala die and what does Tarzan do about her death?
7. Why is Lord Greystoke in Africa and what kind of man does the narrator say he is?
8. In Chapter 3, what happens when the ship reaches land and what do the Greystokes do immediately?
9. What breaks the peace around the area of Tarzan’s ape tribe in Chapter 9?
10. How does Tarzan feel about the men who have come to the cabin?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)