|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tarzan when he finally understands the books in the cabin?
2. In Chapter 14, how does Tarzan save Clayton’s life the first time?
(a) He kills a cheetah stalking Clayton.
(b) He stops an elephant from accidentally trampling him.
(c) He kills a snake going for Clayton.
(d) He scares away a lion.
3. About how many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe?
(a) 300 – 330.
(b) 30 – 50.
(c) 200 - 250.
(d) 60 – 70.
4. How does Tarzan get a bow and arrows?
(a) He is given them as a gift by the chief of a nearby village.
(b) He finds them in the cabin.
(c) He steals them.
(d) He finds them in a tree.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Tarzan see when he returns to the cabin?
(a) Two white people knocking on the cabin door.
(b) A lion attempting to get into the window.
(c) A ship’s boat rowing towards shore.
(d) A ship in the harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what disturbs the peace in the jungle near the ape tribe?
2. How does Tarzan become King of the Apes?
3. What does Kala’s mate want to do with Tarzan?
4. Who is Kala’s mate?
5. How long does Alice live following the attack on her husband in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jane saved from the lioness trying to get into the cabin?
2. What does Tarzan find in the metal box, why is he frustrated with one of the items in the box and what item does he take with him?
3. Why does Tarzan decide to kill a lioness and what happens in his first attempt in Chapter 8?
4. How does Tarzan learn to read and write and at what age does he read the child’s primer?
5. Why does Kala worry about her baby and how does Tarzan get his name?
6. How does Tarzan become King of the Apes?
7. How does Lord Greystoke get killed?
8. How many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe and what is Kala like?
9. How do Tarzan and Clayton get back to the cabin fast when they hear a gunshot?
10. How and why does Tarzan kill Tublet?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)