|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarzan keep telling Clayton to do about the lion?
(a) Leave the lion to Tarzan.
(b) Stab it with one of Tarzan’s arrows.
(c) Hit it over the head.
(d) Shoot it with his gun.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Lord Greystoke do when he sees the crew mutiny?
(a) He locks himself and his wife in their cabin.
(b) He does not see a mutiny.
(c) He tries to stop it.
3. In Chapter 8, what pulls Tarzan from a tree when he ropes it?
(a) A boar.
(b) A chettah.
(c) An antelope.
(d) A lion.
4. In Chapter 9, who does Tarzan ride?
(a) His mother’s back.
(b) A lion.
(c) No one.
(d) An elephant.
5. How long has Lord Greystoke and Alice been married?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) They are newlyweds.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Kala?
2. Why is Lord Greystoke going to Africa?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Black Michael tell the crew about the Greystokes?
4. What happens when Tarzan tries to use his bow in Chapter 11?
5. What does Tublat do when Tarzan gets away from Tublat with the meat Tublat wants in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tarzan do about clothing for himself?
2. How does Alice lose her memory of her recent past?
3. How many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe and what is Kala like?
4. How does Kerchak get his hands on a rifle and what does he do with it?
5. Why is Lord Greystoke in Africa and what kind of man does the narrator say he is?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 7, why does Tarzan return to the cabin and what does he do there?
7. How does Tarzan get arrows from the village in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Tarzan decide to kill a lioness and what happens in his first attempt in Chapter 8?
9. In Chapter 3, what happens when the ship reaches land and what do the Greystokes do immediately?
10. What does Tarzan do on the way back to the tribe from the village in Chapter 11 and how do the members of the tribe react to his tale?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)