|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what disturbs the peace in the jungle near the ape tribe?
(a) A large group of black people.
(b) A ship in the harbor.
(c) A huge troop of baboons move nearby.
(d) A pride of lions.
2. What happens when Tarzan tries to use his bow in Chapter 11?
(a) He is chased by a lion he shoots.
(b) He kills a huge lion.
(c) He loses most of his arrows.
(d) He accidentally shoots Kerchak in the arm.
3. In Chapter 10, what does Tarzan do when he goes into a hut in the village?
(a) Sets it on fire.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Leaves a message for the chief of the village.
(d) Piles everything inside in the center of the hut.
4. What is the ape’s word for gorilla?
5. Why can’t Tarzan read his father’s diary?
(a) It is written in code.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is written in German.
(d) It is written in cursive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Tarzan see when he returns to the cabin?
2. How does the narrator describe Lord Greystoke’s morals?
3. What does Tarzan do with the locket he finds in the cabin?
4. What worries Kala about her white ape baby?
5. What does Tublat do when Tarzan gets away from Tublat with the meat Tublat wants in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tarzan feel about the men who have come to the cabin?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, why does Tarzan return to the cabin and what does he do there?
3. What does Lord Greystoke witness on the ship and what does Black Michael say is to be his fate?
4. Why does Tarzan decide to kill a lioness and what happens in his first attempt in Chapter 8?
5. What does Tarzan do on the way back to the tribe from the village in Chapter 11 and how do the members of the tribe react to his tale?
6. Why does Tarzan remain king of the ape tribe for a while and how does he finally relinquish that position?
7. How many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe and what is Kala like?
8. How does Tarzan save Clayton’s life two times in Chapter 14?
9. Why is Lord Greystoke in Africa and what kind of man does the narrator say he is?
10. What does Tarzan see in Chapter 13 when he returns to the cabin from getting clothing?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)