|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tarzan have to fight Terkoz in Chapter 12?
(a) Terkoz beats a woman that does not belong to him.
(b) Terkoz challenges Tarzan.
(c) Terkoz kills a young ape for no reason.
(d) Terkoz steals food from the tribe.
2. How do Clayton and Tarzan get to the cabin from the jungle in Chapter 15?
(a) Tarzan swings in the trees as Clayton runs on the ground.
(b) Tarzan carries Clayton on his back.
(c) They run.
(d) Tarzan and Clayton swing through the trees.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Black Michael tell the crew about the Greystokes?
(a) The Greystokes are his friends.
(b) Bring them to the deck.
(c) Leave them in the cabin.
(d) He does not mention the Greystokes.
4. How old is Tarzan when he is finally able to read the children’s primer?
5. About how old is Kala?
(a) Seven or eight.
(b) Nine or ten.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Three or four.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Greystoke call the captain when the captain refuses to believe Greystoke’s information?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Tarzan do when he goes into a hut in the village?
3. In Chapter 8, what pulls Tarzan from a tree when he ropes it?
4. How long has Lord Greystoke and Alice been married?
5. What does Tarzan do with the locket he finds in the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kala worry about her baby and how does Tarzan get his name?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, why does Tarzan return to the cabin and what does he do there?
3. How do Tarzan and Clayton get back to the cabin fast when they hear a gunshot?
4. How does Tarzan get arrows from the village in Chapter 10?
5. How does Lord Greystoke get killed?
6. How does Tarzan become King of the Apes?
7. What does Tarzan do on the way back to the tribe from the village in Chapter 11 and how do the members of the tribe react to his tale?
8. How is Jane saved from the lioness trying to get into the cabin?
9. How does Alice lose her memory of her recent past?
10. What breaks the peace around the area of Tarzan’s ape tribe in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)