|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'Arnot show the police official?
(a) His list of names of the men who were killed in the jungle.
(b) His passport.
(c) Lord Greystoke’s diary.
(d) A map of where the chest is hidden.
2. Why do Mr. Philander and the Professor fall out of the tree in Chapter 16?
(a) They were not in a tree.
(b) Tarzan yells and scares them.
(c) The limb broke.
(d) Mr. Philander accidentally pulled the Professor with him as he fell.
3. What does the Professor say about what is left to the group?
(a) He wonders if there are firearms in the boxes they left.
(b) He thinks they left a gun but no ammunition.
(c) He wishes they had left his treasure.
(d) He is certain he left two books on the ship.
4. What does Jane realize when Tarzan asks her to marry him?
(a) That she loves him and will marry him.
(b) That Tarzan has accomplished a lot in a short time for her.
(c) That Tarzan cannot support her.
(d) That she loves Clayton.
5. How does the French know to come ashore?
(a) The Professor signaled with a mirror.
(b) They were coming for fresh water.
(c) The castaways sent up a flare.
(d) Clayton had lit a large fire.
6. What does Tarzan tell Jane when he asks her to marry him?
(a) That he has plenty of money.
(b) That he has become a civilized man for her.
(c) That they can live in Wisconsin.
(d) That he is an English Lord.
7. What does D'Arnot do with Lord Greystoke’s diary that Tarzan gives him?
(a) Tucks it away in his pocket.
(b) Reads it to himself.
(c) Reads it aloud to Tarzan.
(d) Gives it back saying it is private.
8. What does Lieutenant Charpentier decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Get reinforcements and rescue D’Arnot.
(b) Return to the ship for napalm.
(c) Take the five stranded people to the ship.
(d) Return to the ship.
9. Why does Tarzan decide to take Jane into the jungle instead of returning her to the cabin?
(a) Jane does not want to go back.
(b) Jane is injured and the trip back would hurt her.
(c) He is aroused and does not know what that means.
(d) He does not like the other men at the cabin.
10. What does Tarzan say when D'Arnot questions him about Tarzan’s parents?
(a) That Kala is his mother.
(b) That he thinks the Greystokes are his parents.
(c) That he does not know his mother.
(d) That his father left when he was young.
11. What does Tarzan give Jane when it is time to sleep?
(a) A pillow from the cabin.
(b) A coconut with water in it.
(c) His knife.
(d) A fur for cover.
12. Why is one of the boats taken back to the ship?
(a) To get some volunteers.
(b) No boat returns to the ship only one boat came ashore.
(c) To get supplies.
(d) To get a field cannon.
13. Why are the Professor and Clayton happy when they get back to the cabin in Chapter 22?
(a) Jane is there.
(b) Tarzan is there.
(c) Dinner is cooked and waiting for them.
(d) Esmeralda has seen Tarzan.
14. What does Tarzan see the men on the ship do near where Tarzan is watching the ship?
(a) Tarzan cannot see the ship.
(b) Fight against another ship.
(c) Send up flares.
(d) Put a boat down that heads for shore.
15. At the end of Chapter 18, why does Tarzan run into the jungle?
(a) He hears some of the cannibal warriors walking in the jungle.
(b) He hears Clayton yell.
(c) He hears Jane scream.
(d) He hears great apes nearby and does not want them to come to the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tarzan have a difficult time reading the note from Jane?
2. What does Clayton do when Tarzan brings Jane to the town?
3. What does the Professor do when he meets Tarzan?
4. What does Clayton say about Tarzan and the attack on the French?
5. What does the five people in the cabin do when they wake up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)