|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tarzan take the lieutenant?
(a) To his own tree house.
(b) Back to the cabin.
(c) Into the jungle.
(d) To his ape tribe.
2. Why does D'Arnot teach Tarzan French?
(a) So Tarzan will not be able to talk with Jane.
(b) It is the only language D'Arnot knows.
(c) D'Arnot thinks it is the closest language to animal talk.
(d) D'Arnot thinks it will be easier to teach D'Arnot’s native tongue.
3. What does a man give Tarzan in Chapter 28?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter from England.
(c) A cablegram.
(d) A brown parcel.
4. What does Tarzan do when the two men come to a palisade?
(a) Puts D'Arnot behind him.
(b) Puts an arrow on the string of his bow.
(c) Yells his bull ape call.
(d) Pulls out his knife.
5. What does Lieutenant Charpentier decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Get reinforcements and rescue D’Arnot.
(b) Take the five stranded people to the ship.
(c) Return to the ship for napalm.
(d) Return to the ship.
6. What does Tarzan tell D’Arnot about not talking in English?
(a) Tarzan has never spoken to a human before.
(b) Tarzan does not like the English language.
(c) Tarzan has a heavy accent and is embarrassed to speak.
(d) Tarzan only speaks German.
7. Why is Terkoz happy when Tarzan finds him with Jane?
(a) He does not like the way Jane acts.
(b) He believes Jane is Tarzan’s female and can now take revenge.
(c) Terkoz decides he does not want a white female.
(d) He is not happy when Tarzan shows up.
8. What do Jane and Tarzan hear when they first arrive back at the cabin in Chapter 20?
(b) The Professor and Mr. Philander arguing.
(c) Clayton yelling.
(d) A lion roaring.
9. What does Clayton find when the group is preparing the skeletons for burial?
(a) Lord Greystoke’s seal.
(b) Lord Greystoke’s ring.
(c) Lord Greystoke’s diary.
(d) A locket on Lady Greystoke.
10. What does Tarzan say to Jane about the distance to America from Africa?
(a) It took longer for him to get there than he thought it would.
(b) He has crossed continents and oceans for her.
(c) It is farther than it looks on the map.
(d) It is not as far as he thought it would be.
11. What do the villagers do to Lieutenant D’Arnot when they first take him into the village?
(a) Tie him to a tree.
(b) Break his leg so he cannot escape.
(c) Give him food and water.
(d) Tear off his clothes and beat him.
12. What does Clayton do when Tarzan brings Jane to the town?
(a) Shakes Tarzan’s hand.
(c) Kisses Jane.
(d) Hugs Tarzan.
13. What does Tarzan tell Clayton when Clayton asks Tarzan how he ended up in the jungle?
(a) He says he was brought there by his parents.
(b) He says he was born there and is mother was an ape.
(c) He says his parents were missionaries.
(d) He says he does not know.
14. What does D'Arnot find out when he pulls Tarzan into the cabin after shooting Tarzan?
(a) The bullet has broken Tarzan’s arm.
(b) The bullet missed Tarzan.
(c) Tarzan is wounded in the leg.
(d) Tarzan has a heart beat.
15. In Chapter 16, what do Mr. Philander and the Professor realize as they are standing on the beach arguing?
(a) They will never agree on that question.
(b) They do not know where the treasure is located.
(c) A lion is stalking them.
(d) There is a cheetah standing on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D'Arnot do with Lord Greystoke’s diary that Tarzan gives him?
2. Why is one of the boats taken back to the ship?
3. What does Tarzan do when he wakes after being shot by D'Arnot?
4. What do the four men in the cabin hear when the morning after Tarzan rescues Jane?
5. Where is the group meeting to get away from the fire?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)