|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane realize when Tarzan asks her to marry him?
(a) That Tarzan has accomplished a lot in a short time for her.
(b) That Tarzan cannot support her.
(c) That she loves Clayton.
(d) That she loves him and will marry him.
2. What does Tarzan do when the two men come to a palisade?
(a) Yells his bull ape call.
(b) Pulls out his knife.
(c) Puts an arrow on the string of his bow.
(d) Puts D'Arnot behind him.
3. What does Tarzan do when he wakes after being shot by D'Arnot?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He punches D'Arnot in the chest.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He leaves D'Arnot.
4. Why does D'Arnot teach Tarzan French?
(a) So Tarzan will not be able to talk with Jane.
(b) D'Arnot thinks it is the closest language to animal talk.
(c) D'Arnot thinks it will be easier to teach D'Arnot’s native tongue.
(d) It is the only language D'Arnot knows.
5. What does Tarzan tell D'Arnot when D'Arnot asks him to take a note to the cabin?
(a) He has already done that.
(b) He will be glad to take them a note.
(c) He cannot leave D'Arnot alone.
(d) He does not know where the cabin is.
6. What kind of king is Terkoz?
7. What do Tarzan and Jane do immediately after Tarzan kills Terkoz?
(a) Tarzan gives Jane his locket.
(b) Jane tries to run and Tarzan chases her.
(c) They kiss.
(d) Tarzan picks Jane up.
8. Why does Clayton write Jane a note?
(a) He has laryngitis.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) To tell her about Tarzan and the village.
(d) To apologize for his comment about Tarzan.
9. What does a man give Tarzan in Chapter 28?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A cablegram.
(c) A letter from England.
(d) A brown parcel.
10. What does Clayton find when the group is preparing the skeletons for burial?
(a) A locket on Lady Greystoke.
(b) Lord Greystoke’s ring.
(c) Lord Greystoke’s seal.
(d) Lord Greystoke’s diary.
11. What does Tarzan say when D'Arnot questions him about Tarzan’s parents?
(a) That Kala is his mother.
(b) That he thinks the Greystokes are his parents.
(c) That his father left when he was young.
(d) That he does not know his mother.
12. Why does Tarzan decide to take Jane into the jungle instead of returning her to the cabin?
(a) Jane does not want to go back.
(b) Jane is injured and the trip back would hurt her.
(c) He does not like the other men at the cabin.
(d) He is aroused and does not know what that means.
13. How many French soldiers were killed in the attack by the black warriors?
14. In Chapter 17, what does Tarzan do after he sees Jane writing at the table?
(a) Writes her a letter.
(b) Knocks on the cabin door.
(c) Asks her what she is writing.
(d) Steals the paper to read what she is writing.
15. What do the men from the ship do after they kill the false captain?
(a) Bury the dead body on top of the chest.
(b) Put the chest back in the boat and head out to the ship.
(c) Signal to the ship with flags.
(d) Head into the interior of the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clayton say about Tarzan and the attack on the French?
2. What does Tarzan bring Jane when he settles her on a grassy spot?
3. What does D'Arnot use to explain to Tarzan how far America is?
4. In Chapter 16, what do Mr. Philander and the Professor realize as they are standing on the beach arguing?
5. What does Tarzan tell Jane when he asks her to marry him?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)