|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of king is Terkoz?
2. What does Tarzan say when D'Arnot comments it is too bad Tarzan did not mention the chest before they left?
(a) They will go back for it.
(b) It does not belong to them.
(c) He does not need gold.
(d) He does not remember where he buried it.
3. What do the villagers do to Lieutenant D’Arnot when they first take him into the village?
(a) Break his leg so he cannot escape.
(b) Tie him to a tree.
(c) Give him food and water.
(d) Tear off his clothes and beat him.
4. Why are the Professor and Clayton happy when they get back to the cabin in Chapter 22?
(a) Jane is there.
(b) Dinner is cooked and waiting for them.
(c) Esmeralda has seen Tarzan.
(d) Tarzan is there.
5. What does Clayton ask Jane as they are riding in the car?
(a) If she is going to return to Maryland.
(b) If she will let him make her happy the rest of her life.
(c) If she could live in England.
(d) If she plans to marry Tarzan.
6. What does Tarzan say when D'Arnot questions him about Tarzan’s parents?
(a) That his father left when he was young.
(b) That he does not know his mother.
(c) That he thinks the Greystokes are his parents.
(d) That Kala is his mother.
7. What do Jane and Tarzan hear when they first arrive back at the cabin in Chapter 20?
(b) Clayton yelling.
(c) A lion roaring.
(d) The Professor and Mr. Philander arguing.
8. What does Tarzan ask D'Arnot about Africa when they are discussing America’s location?
(a) If Africa connects with America.
(b) If Africa is larger than America.
(c) If one has to go through Africa to get to Europe and white men.
(d) If there are white men in Africa.
9. Why does Clayton write Jane a note?
(a) He has laryngitis.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) To tell her about Tarzan and the village.
(d) To apologize for his comment about Tarzan.
10. What does Canler tell Jane about why he cannot wait a few days to marry?
(a) The farmhouse burned down.
(b) He has to be in New York in three days.
(c) He does not want her to run away.
(d) They have a train to catch.
11. What does Tarzan leave at the cabin for five days?
12. With whom does the captain decide to look for Jane?
(a) His three officers and three seamen.
(b) Ten men, Clayton, and the Professor.
(c) Five volunteers and Clayton.
(d) Twenty volunteers.
13. What does Tarzan do when the two men come to a palisade?
(a) Pulls out his knife.
(b) Puts an arrow on the string of his bow.
(c) Yells his bull ape call.
(d) Puts D'Arnot behind him.
14. Where does Tarzan take the lieutenant?
(a) Back to the cabin.
(b) Into the jungle.
(c) To his own tree house.
(d) To his ape tribe.
15. What astounds Tarzan about the locket around his neck?
(a) That it has two pictures inside it.
(b) That it was not broken in his fight with Terkoz.
(c) That Jane does not want it.
(d) That Jane knows his mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the police official do with Tarzan?
2. What does Clayton say to Tarzan when Tarzan brings Jane to the town?
3. How does the French know to come ashore?
4. Why do Mr. Philander and the Professor fall out of the tree in Chapter 16?
5. What do the five people at the cabin do right after the burial?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)