|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Professor suggests when the captain says they will wait a few days before leaving?
(a) That they recover the chest of gold.
(b) That they hang the mutineers.
(c) That Jane stays out on the ship.
(d) That they completely repair the cabin.
2. What does D'Arnot write Tarzan at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) That Clayton is the official Lord Greystoke.
(b) That D'Arnot has broken his leg.
(c) That Tarzan is Lord Greystoke.
(d) That he misses Tarzan.
3. How many French soldiers were killed in the attack by the black warriors?
4. What does D'Arnot do with Lord Greystoke’s diary that Tarzan gives him?
(a) Tucks it away in his pocket.
(b) Reads it aloud to Tarzan.
(c) Gives it back saying it is private.
(d) Reads it to himself.
5. What do the four men in the cabin hear when the morning after Tarzan rescues Jane?
(a) A canon shot.
(b) A lion pawing at the door.
(c) Jane yelling for them.
(d) Tarzan’s ape call.
6. What does D'Arnot tell Tarzan they will need if they are going to travel?
(b) Better clothing.
(d) Good shoes.
7. What does Tarzan tell D'Arnot when D'Arnot asks him to take a note to the cabin?
(a) He has already done that.
(b) He will be glad to take them a note.
(c) He does not know where the cabin is.
(d) He cannot leave D'Arnot alone.
8. What does D'Arnot use to explain to Tarzan how far America is?
(a) A ball representing the earth.
(b) A metaphor.
(c) A ruler.
(d) A string.
9. What does Tarzan bring Jane when he settles her on a grassy spot?
10. What did Clayton think had happened to the Greystokes before they found the cabin?
(a) They ran away to South America.
(b) They were lost at sea.
(c) They were kidnapped for ransom, but killed.
(d) They were killed by pirates.
11. What kind of king is Terkoz?
12. Why are the Professor and Clayton happy when they get back to the cabin in Chapter 22?
(a) Jane is there.
(b) Esmeralda has seen Tarzan.
(c) Tarzan is there.
(d) Dinner is cooked and waiting for them.
13. What do the five people at the cabin do right after the burial?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Watch the ship sail away.
(c) Look for Tarzan.
(d) Go hunting.
14. What does Clayton say about Tarzan and the attack on the French?
(a) Tarzan killed about six warriors by himself.
(b) Tarzan saved all of them.
(c) Clayton does not mention Tarzan and the attack.
(d) He may have been a part of the attack.
15. What does Jane wonder as she thinks about marrying Tarzan?
(a) If it would hurt Clayton too much.
(b) If he is too wild for her.
(c) If he would be able to provide for her.
(d) If she could live in Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Canler tell Jane about why he cannot wait a few days to marry?
2. Why does D'Arnot teach Tarzan French?
3. What does Clayton ask Jane as they are riding in the car?
4. Why is one of the boats taken back to the ship?
5. What do Tarzan and Jane do immediately after Tarzan kills Terkoz?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)