|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarzan try to do with Sabor’s skin?
(a) Make clothing.
(b) Make a sling shot.
(c) Make a mask.
(d) Make a soft bed.
2. What does Tarzan do when Clayton goes into the jungle?
(a) Watches the cabin to see the white woman again.
(b) Follows Clayton.
(c) Goes back to his tribe.
(d) Watches the sailors.
3. How long does Alice live following the attack on her husband in Chapter 3?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
4. In Chapter 6, how does Tarzan get into his father’s cabin?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He goes through the roof.
(c) He figures out how to open the latch.
(d) He slides down the chimney.
5. What is the ape’s word for gorilla?
6. How do Clayton and Tarzan get to the cabin from the jungle in Chapter 15?
(a) Tarzan carries Clayton on his back.
(b) Tarzan and Clayton swing through the trees.
(c) Tarzan swings in the trees as Clayton runs on the ground.
(d) They run.
7. Why does Tarzan know he must move the tribe?
(a) The hunting is getting difficult.
(b) A large pride of animals have moved into the area.
(c) The black people build a new village too near them.
(d) White men have come into the harbor.
8. What does Lord Greystoke stop the captain of their charter boat from doing?
(a) Shooting a crew member.
(b) Kissing Alice.
(c) Throwing a man overboard.
(d) Beating a dog.
9. In Chapter 13, what does Tarzan take with him when he leaves the cabin?
(b) Spears and arrows.
(c) The locked metal box.
(d) His books.
10. What does Tarzan do in Chapter 13 with a warrior he kills who surprises Tarzan on the trail?
(a) Throw it into the village.
(b) Toss it to a lion.
(c) Leave it where he kills it.
(d) Bury it.
11. In Chapter 9, what disturbs the peace in the jungle near the ape tribe?
(a) A ship in the harbor.
(b) A huge troop of baboons move nearby.
(c) A pride of lions.
(d) A large group of black people.
12. About how old is Kala?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Seven or eight.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Nine or ten.
13. About how many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe?
(a) 200 - 250.
(b) 300 – 330.
(c) 30 – 50.
(d) 60 – 70.
14. What book does Tarzan find that interests him?
(a) A children’s encyclopedia.
(b) A book of maps.
(c) A diary of his father’s.
(d) A children’s book of the alphabet.
15. What does Tarzan first do when he enters the cabin in Chapter 6?
(a) Sits in the chair.
(b) Lays on the bed.
(c) Moves the skeletons.
(d) Opens the cupboards and drawer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Lord Greystoke do when he sees the crew mutiny?
2. Why can’t Tarzan read his father’s diary?
3. What is the captain’s reaction to Lord Greystoke’s action?
4. What worries Kala about her white ape baby?
5. What happens when Jane goes outside to meet Tarzan?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)