|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarzan do when Clayton goes into the jungle?
(a) Watches the cabin to see the white woman again.
(b) Goes back to his tribe.
(c) Follows Clayton.
(d) Watches the sailors.
2. Why does Tarzan remain king when he does not want to be king?
(a) It keeps the she apes safe.
(b) So Terkoz will not become king.
(c) It is the only way he can stay with the tribe.
(d) He gets first choice of all food.
3. About how old is Kala?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Seven or eight.
(c) Nine or ten.
(d) Five or six.
4. In Chapter 6, how does Tarzan get into his father’s cabin?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He goes through the roof.
(c) He slides down the chimney.
(d) He figures out how to open the latch.
5. What happens to Kala’s infant?
(a) He dies when she drops him from a great height.
(b) He is killed by Kerchak.
(c) He dies when he chokes on some berries.
(d) He is stolen by another she ape.
6. What does Tarzan do with the pot of poison in Chapter 10?
(b) Turns it over.
(c) Throws it on the warriors in the village.
(d) Puts flowers in it.
7. Why does Tarzan decide to return to the village in Chapter 11?
(a) To steal more bracelets for the other apes.
(b) To watch the archers to understand how to use a bow.
(c) To get more arrows.
(d) To see if they have books.
8. In Chapter 8, what pulls Tarzan from a tree when he ropes it?
(a) An antelope.
(b) A boar.
(c) A chettah.
(d) A lion.
9. Why does Tarzan have to fight Terkoz in Chapter 12?
(a) Terkoz challenges Tarzan.
(b) Terkoz steals food from the tribe.
(c) Terkoz beats a woman that does not belong to him.
(d) Terkoz kills a young ape for no reason.
10. What does Lord Greystoke do in Chapter 3 immediately after his wife dies?
(a) Pulls out a revolver and puts it to his head.
(b) Writes in his diary.
(c) Lays down on the floor and cries.
(d) Digs a grave.
11. What does Tarzan mean in ape language?
(a) White skin.
12. How does Tarzan get a bow and arrows?
(a) He is given them as a gift by the chief of a nearby village.
(b) He finds them in the cabin.
(c) He finds them in a tree.
(d) He steals them.
13. What happens when Kulonga’s body is found in Chapter 10
(a) The chief kills his son’s bodyguard.
(b) Tarzan leaves.
(c) They bury his body.
(d) Everyone in the village runs to look at it.
14. What does Tarzan do with the locket he finds in the cabin?
(a) Puts it in his arrow quiver.
(b) Hides it in the cabin.
(c) Puts it around his neck.
(d) Puts it in a pouch around his waist.
15. Why is Lord Greystoke going to Africa?
(a) His wife is from Africa.
(b) To make an inspection of a British colony.
(c) To go on a safari.
(d) On his honeymoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what attacks Lord Greystoke when he is trying to cut down a tree?
2. What is the name the great apes have for an elephant?
3. How many men does Tarzan see on the beach when the second boat lands in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Tarzan do when he goes into a hut in the village?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Tarzan see when he returns to the cabin?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)