|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Tarzan do when a lion kills his friend?
(a) Climbs a tree.
(b) Kills a lion.
(c) Swims to deep water.
(d) Takes his friend’s body up a tree.
2. What do the warriors of the village do with the man they bring into the compound?
(a) Drag him through the fires.
(b) Put him in a hut.
(c) Tie him to a stake.
(d) Take off his head.
3. What is Alice’s maiden name?
4. In Chapter 14, how does Tarzan save Clayton’s life the first time?
(a) He scares away a lion.
(b) He kills a snake going for Clayton.
(c) He stops an elephant from accidentally trampling him.
(d) He kills a cheetah stalking Clayton.
5. Why does Tarzan know he must move the tribe?
(a) The hunting is getting difficult.
(b) White men have come into the harbor.
(c) The black people build a new village too near them.
(d) A large pride of animals have moved into the area.
6. What does Lord Greystoke call the captain when the captain refuses to believe Greystoke’s information?
(b) An ass.
(c) A pig.
(d) A stupid mule.
7. What does the note that is slid under the Greystokes’ door say?
(a) Come to the ship’s boat at midnight with their belongings.
(b) Do not report the theft from his cabin.
(c) Keep their door locked at all times.
(d) The mutiny is that night.
8. What does Tarzan do when Kala is alone when Tublat is raging?
(a) He kills Tublat.
(b) He hits Tublat over the head with a large branch.
(c) He punches Tublat in the stomach so Kala can get away.
(d) He pulls her into the tree.
9. How do Clayton and Tarzan get to the cabin from the jungle in Chapter 15?
(a) Tarzan swings in the trees as Clayton runs on the ground.
(b) Tarzan carries Clayton on his back.
(c) Tarzan and Clayton swing through the trees.
(d) They run.
10. How does Tarzan get a bow and arrows?
(a) He steals them.
(b) He is given them as a gift by the chief of a nearby village.
(c) He finds them in the cabin.
(d) He finds them in a tree.
11. What does Tarzan try to do with Sabor’s skin?
(a) Make a sling shot.
(b) Make clothing.
(c) Make a soft bed.
(d) Make a mask.
12. What has Tarzan been unable to master in his lessons in Chapter 9?
(a) Writing cursive.
(b) Reading French.
(c) Very long words.
13. What is the name the great apes have for an elephant?
14. In Chapter 2, what does Lord Greystoke do when he sees the crew mutiny?
(a) He locks himself and his wife in their cabin.
(b) He tries to stop it.
(c) He does not see a mutiny.
15. How does Clayton and Tarzan save Jane and Esmeralda from a lioness?
(a) Tarzan and Clayton pulls it out of the cabin through a window and Tarzan breaks its neck.
(b) Tarzan kills the lion with his knife as Clayton pulls on its tail.
(c) Tarzan and Clayton pulls it out of the cabin through a window and scares it away.
(d) Tarzan shoots the lion with an arrow and Clayton shoots it with a revolver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kerchak want to find a reason to fight Tarzan?
2. Why does Kala not know of the situation with Kerchak?
3. Why is Lord Greystoke going to Africa?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Black Michael tell the crew about the Greystokes?
5. What does Tarzan do in Chapter 13 with a warrior he kills who surprises Tarzan on the trail?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)