|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Tarzan return to his father’s cabin at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) To see who his father might be.
(b) To make certain the door is locked.
(c) To clean the cabin up and bury the skeletons.
(d) To find the knife he took from the cabin.
2. What do the warriors of the village do with the man they bring into the compound?
(a) Take off his head.
(b) Tie him to a stake.
(c) Put him in a hut.
(d) Drag him through the fires.
3. What does Tarzan find out about the door to the cabin from the inside?
(a) The latch has been broken on it.
(b) It is carved with symbols.
(c) It is thicker than he realized.
(d) He can lock it from the inside.
4. How old is Tarzan when he is finally able to read the children’s primer?
5. In Chapter 3, what attacks Lord Greystoke when he is trying to cut down a tree?
(a) A lion.
(b) A great bull ape.
(c) A cheetah.
(d) A leopard.
6. About how old is Kala?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Nine or ten.
(c) Three or four.
(d) Seven or eight.
7. What book does Tarzan find that interests him?
(a) A children’s encyclopedia.
(b) A book of maps.
(c) A children’s book of the alphabet.
(d) A diary of his father’s.
8. About how many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe?
(a) 300 – 330.
(b) 200 - 250.
(c) 30 – 50.
(d) 60 – 70.
9. What do the people in the village leave Tarzan to try and appease him?
(a) Statues of god.
(b) Food and arrows.
(c) Pottery and arrows.
(d) Clothing and a knife.
10. In Chapter 13, what does Tarzan take with him when he leaves the cabin?
(b) His books.
(c) Spears and arrows.
(d) The locked metal box.
11. What does Tarzan throw at one of the warriors in Chapter 11?
(a) A human skull.
(b) A dead bird.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A rock.
12. What does the note that is slid under the Greystokes’ door say?
(a) Do not report the theft from his cabin.
(b) The mutiny is that night.
(c) Keep their door locked at all times.
(d) Come to the ship’s boat at midnight with their belongings.
13. In Chapter 8 who does Tarzan decide to kill when the tribe runs from her?
14. What does Tarzan find when he enters his cabin In Chapter 13?
(a) It has been ransacked.
(b) His books are gone.
(c) It has been cleaned up.
(d) The skeletons are gone.
15. How do Clayton and Tarzan get to the cabin from the jungle in Chapter 15?
(a) Tarzan carries Clayton on his back.
(b) Tarzan and Clayton swing through the trees.
(c) Tarzan swings in the trees as Clayton runs on the ground.
(d) They run.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what is the woman Tarzan sees at the village of the blacks doing?
2. What is Greystoke told, secretly?
3. From which book does Tarzan learn the most about writing?
4. What happens when Jane goes outside to meet Tarzan?
5. What does Tarzan try to do with Sabor’s skin?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)