|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what is the woman Tarzan sees at the village of the blacks doing?
(a) Dipping arrows in a cauldron of black stuff.
(b) Pounding flour into bread.
(c) Stripping peas off a vine.
(d) Fletching arrows.
2. In Chapter 14, what do the sailors do when Clayton goes into the jungle to look for the Professor?
(a) Sits on the beach waiting for Clayton to return.
(b) Go into the cabin.
(c) Sit outside the cabin.
(d) Leaves for the ship.
3. From which book does Tarzan learn the most about writing?
(a) The illustrated dictionary.
(b) His father's notebook.
(c) The children’s encyclopedia.
(d) The children’s primer.
4. Why does Kerchak want to find a reason to fight Tarzan?
(a) He thinks Tarzan wants to be king.
(b) He does not like white skin.
(c) He wants Tarzan’s mate.
(d) He is jealous of Tarzan.
5. What does Tarzan do with the locket he finds in the cabin?
(a) Puts it in a pouch around his waist.
(b) Puts it in his arrow quiver.
(c) Puts it around his neck.
(d) Hides it in the cabin.
6. What is the captain’s reaction to Lord Greystoke’s action?
(a) He is glad after he gained a hold of his temper.
(b) He does not realize Lord Greystoke is the one who stops him.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He does not eat with the Greystokes after the incident.
7. What does Tarzan try to do with Sabor’s skin?
(a) Make a mask.
(b) Make a sling shot.
(c) Make clothing.
(d) Make a soft bed.
8. How long has Lord Greystoke and Alice been married?
(a) They are newlyweds.
(b) A year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
9. What happens to Kala’s infant?
(a) He is killed by Kerchak.
(b) He dies when he chokes on some berries.
(c) He dies when she drops him from a great height.
(d) He is stolen by another she ape.
10. What does Tarzan take after a Dum-Dum circle from a dead enemy ape?
(b) The ape’s foot.
(c) The necklace the ape wore.
(d) A large piece of meat.
11. What does Tarzan first offer Clayton to eat in Chapter 14?
(a) Dried venison.
(b) Fruit and nuts.
(c) Cheetah meat.
(d) Lion meat.
12. About how old is Kala?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Nine or ten.
(c) Three or four.
(d) Seven or eight.
13. In Chapter 13, what does Tarzan take with him when he leaves the cabin?
(a) Spears and arrows.
(b) The locked metal box.
(d) His books.
14. What is the ape’s word for gorilla?
15. In Chapter 7, why does Tarzan return to his father’s cabin at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) To find the knife he took from the cabin.
(b) To clean the cabin up and bury the skeletons.
(c) To see who his father might be.
(d) To make certain the door is locked.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many apes are in Kerchak’s tribe?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Tarzan tell the ape tribe when he returns from the village?
3. What does Kala do for Tarzan’s wounds in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 14, how does Tarzan save Clayton’s life the first time?
5. What has Tarzan been unable to master in his lessons in Chapter 9?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)