|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tarzan tries to use his bow in Chapter 11?
(a) He loses most of his arrows.
(b) He kills a huge lion.
(c) He is chased by a lion he shoots.
(d) He accidentally shoots Kerchak in the arm.
2. What book does Tarzan find that interests him?
(a) A children’s book of the alphabet.
(b) A diary of his father’s.
(c) A book of maps.
(d) A children’s encyclopedia.
3. What do the villagers do to Lieutenant D’Arnot when they first take him into the village?
(a) Tie him to a tree.
(b) Break his leg so he cannot escape.
(c) Give him food and water.
(d) Tear off his clothes and beat him.
4. How does Tarzan get a bow and arrows?
(a) He steals them.
(b) He is given them as a gift by the chief of a nearby village.
(c) He finds them in the cabin.
(d) He finds them in a tree.
5. What does the Professor say about what is left to the group?
(a) He wishes they had left his treasure.
(b) He thinks they left a gun but no ammunition.
(c) He is certain he left two books on the ship.
(d) He wonders if there are firearms in the boxes they left.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clayton and Tarzan get to the cabin from the jungle in Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Tarzan do when a lion kills his friend?
3. What happens when Jane goes outside to meet Tarzan?
4. In Chapter 8 who does Tarzan decide to kill when the tribe runs from her?
5. Why is one of the boats taken back to the ship?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)