|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Tarzan find that interests him?
(a) A children’s encyclopedia.
(b) A book of maps.
(c) A children’s book of the alphabet.
(d) A diary of his father’s.
2. What is the ape’s word for gorilla?
3. Why does Tarzan know he must move the tribe?
(a) White men have come into the harbor.
(b) The hunting is getting difficult.
(c) The black people build a new village too near them.
(d) A large pride of animals have moved into the area.
4. How does Tarzan continue his lessons when his tribe is far from the cabin?
(a) Arranging twigs to represent letters.
(b) He scratches on logs with his knife.
(c) He carries the books with him.
(d) Talking with other goats.
5. What does Tarzan throw at one of the warriors in Chapter 11?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A human skull.
(c) A rock.
(d) A dead bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Clayton and Tarzan get to the cabin from the jungle in Chapter 15?
2. Why is Lord Greystoke going to Africa?
3. How does the narrator describe Lord Greystoke’s morals?
4. In Chapter 8 who does Tarzan decide to kill when the tribe runs from her?
5. What has Tarzan been unable to master in his lessons in Chapter 9?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)