|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the captain’s reaction to Lord Greystoke’s action?
(a) He does not realize Lord Greystoke is the one who stops him.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is glad after he gained a hold of his temper.
(d) He does not eat with the Greystokes after the incident.
2. What happens when Jane goes outside to meet Tarzan?
(a) She faints.
(b) She hands him a note.
(c) She falls in love just looking at him.
(d) Tarzan is gone.
3. From which book does Tarzan learn the most about writing?
(a) His father's notebook.
(b) The children’s encyclopedia.
(c) The illustrated dictionary.
(d) The children’s primer.
4. In Chapter 9, what disturbs the peace in the jungle near the ape tribe?
(a) A ship in the harbor.
(b) A huge troop of baboons move nearby.
(c) A pride of lions.
(d) A large group of black people.
5. In Chapter 8 who does Tarzan decide to kill when the tribe runs from her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stolen from the Greystokes’ cabin?
2. Why does Tarzan decide to return to the village in Chapter 11?
3. What does Tarzan do in Chapter 13 with a warrior he kills who surprises Tarzan on the trail?
4. What does Lord Greystoke stop the captain of their charter boat from doing?
5. What does the note that is slid under the Greystokes’ door say?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)