|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tarzan do when Kala is alone when Tublat is raging?
(a) He hits Tublat over the head with a large branch.
(b) He punches Tublat in the stomach so Kala can get away.
(c) He kills Tublat.
(d) He pulls her into the tree.
2. How does Jane respond when Clayton calls her by her first name?
(a) She does not hear him say her name.
(c) With anger.
3. In Chapter 9, who does Tarzan ride?
(a) An elephant.
(b) His mother’s back.
(c) No one.
(d) A lion.
4. What does the French officer who comes to shore ask Clayton?
(a) If he is William Cecil Clayton.
(b) If he has witnessed a mutiny.
(c) If Professor Porter is with them.
(d) If they are planning to settle on that beach.
5. What happens to Kala’s infant?
(a) He dies when she drops him from a great height.
(b) He is killed by Kerchak.
(c) He dies when he chokes on some berries.
(d) He is stolen by another she ape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the small man do when Clayton walks away after arguing with him in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 14, how does Tarzan save Clayton’s life the first time?
3. How does Tarzan become King of the Apes?
4. What does Tarzan feel as he watches the burial of the skeletons?
5. In Chapter 4, why are the smaller apes running from Kerchak?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)