|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 18, why does Tarzan run into the jungle?
(a) He hears Clayton yell.
(b) He hears great apes nearby and does not want them to come to the cabin.
(c) He hears Jane scream.
(d) He hears some of the cannibal warriors walking in the jungle.
2. What happens to Kala’s infant?
(a) He is stolen by another she ape.
(b) He is killed by Kerchak.
(c) He dies when he chokes on some berries.
(d) He dies when she drops him from a great height.
3. What does the French officer who comes to shore ask Clayton?
(a) If they are planning to settle on that beach.
(b) If he has witnessed a mutiny.
(c) If Professor Porter is with them.
(d) If he is William Cecil Clayton.
4. What does Tarzan do with the pot of poison in Chapter 10?
(a) Throws it on the warriors in the village.
(b) Puts flowers in it.
(c) Turns it over.
5. What does the Professor suggests when the captain says they will wait a few days before leaving?
(a) That they completely repair the cabin.
(b) That Jane stays out on the ship.
(c) That they recover the chest of gold.
(d) That they hang the mutineers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Professor and Clayton happy when they get back to the cabin in Chapter 22?
2. What is the ape’s word for gorilla?
3. Where does Tarzan take the lieutenant?
4. Why does D'Arnot teach Tarzan French?
5. What do the people in the village leave Tarzan to try and appease him?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)