|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the captain’s reaction to Lord Greystoke’s action?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is glad after he gained a hold of his temper.
(c) He does not realize Lord Greystoke is the one who stops him.
(d) He does not eat with the Greystokes after the incident.
2. How old is Tarzan when he is finally able to read the children’s primer?
3. How does the narrator describe Lord Greystoke’s morals?
(a) He has the best of morals.
(b) They are shoddy.
(c) The narrator does not mention Lord Greystoke’s morals.
(d) He is amoral.
4. What has Tarzan been unable to master in his lessons in Chapter 9?
(a) Reading French.
(b) Very long words.
(c) Writing cursive.
5. How does Tarzan make rope?
(a) He cuts strips out of animal skins.
(b) He uses vines for rope.
(c) He twists long grasses together.
(d) He braids hemp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tarzan mean in ape language?
2. Why does Kala not know of the situation with Kerchak?
3. How old is Tarzan when he finally understands the books in the cabin?
4. In Chapter 4, why are the smaller apes running from Kerchak?
5. What fascinates Tarzan about a pencil?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)