|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kala’s mate want to do with Tarzan?
(a) Give him to another she ape.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Nothing, he is indifferent to Tarzan.
(d) Teach him how to move through the trees.
2. What book does Tarzan find that interests him?
(a) A children’s encyclopedia.
(b) A book of maps.
(c) A children’s book of the alphabet.
(d) A diary of his father’s.
3. What does the Professor do when he meets Tarzan?
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Lifts his hat and says hello.
(d) Asks him if he knows French.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tarzan do before he leaves the cabin?
(b) Leaves a note on the door.
(c) Cleans it up.
(d) Latches the door.
5. What does Tarzan feel as he watches the burial of the skeletons?
(a) That they seem to be very smart people.
(b) That he wants to know these people.
(c) That he is glad they are burying his parents.
(d) That they are wasting time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kala die?
2. What does Tarzan do with the locket he finds in the cabin?
3. What has Tarzan been unable to master in his lessons in Chapter 9?
4. What happens to Kala’s infant?
5. In Chapter 16, what do Mr. Philander and the Professor realize as they are standing on the beach arguing?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)