Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Summary
1. Describe the setting of the initial part of the story as told by the narrator.
2. Where are the characters in the story from?
3. Does Terri think her ex-boyfriend loved her? Why?
4. Describe the relationship between Terri and Ed from Terri's point-of-view.
5. Describe the relationship between Laura and Nick.
6. Why does Laura bump Nick's knee under the table?
7. How long have Nick and Laura been married in comparison to Terri and Mel?
This section contains 736 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)