|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old couple appear in the hospital?
(a) They appear to hate each other.
(b) They are unresponsive.
(c) They are encased in body casts.
(d) They appear overly happy and excited.
2. What does Mel suggest after the story is interrupted?
(a) That everyone go home to bed.
(b) That everyone have a drink and go to dinner.
(c) That they stop drinking for awhile.
(d) That everyone pitch in to help cook dinner.
3. What can the narrator hear near the end of the story?
(a) A fire burning.
(b) A childhood song.
(c) Everyone's heartbeats.
(d) Wine being poured.
4. Who decides that calling Mel's children might not be a good idea?
5. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
(a) Because she is draining Mel financially and emotionally.
(b) Because she wants to have a place to stay when she and Mel go overseas.
(c) Because she enjoys Mel's ex-wife's company.
(d) Because she is possessive of Mel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
2. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
3. What does Nick notice after the story is over?
4. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
5. Which character contends that abusive behavior is, in fact, love?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)