|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might point of view play a role in how Mel's relationship is perceived by the reader?
(a) Point of view does not play a significant role in the story.
(b) The narrator is neutral toward Mel's relationship, allowing for free interpretation by the reader.
(c) The story is told from Mel's point of view, so the reader only understands his relationship.
(d) The narrator may feel negatively toward Mel's relationship, thereby influencing the reader's opinion.
2. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
(a) Terri tried to kill him first.
(b) He was having hallucinations.
(c) He loved her so much.
(d) He fell in love with someone else.
3. What time of day does this story end?
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
4. What does Terri think of the other couple's relationship?
(a) It is horrible and she is glad hers isn't like it.
(b) It is unclear because the narrator fails to recount Terri's dialogue.
(c) It is innocent and will change after awhile.
(d) It is wonderful and inviting.
5. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Laura's attitude toward Mel as the evening progresses?
2. According to the author, Mel's profession requires a significant amount of:
3. When the author uses the term 'universal', to what is he referring?
4. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
5. What can be said to be a motif in Carver's story?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)