|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
(a) He can't walk.
(b) He is unable to speak.
(c) He becomes more violent.
(d) His face is severely deformed.
2. What is Mel's profession?
(c) Marriage counselor.
3. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Friends since childhood.
4. Who threatens to kill Mel?
5. In what part of the story does the exposition appear?
(a) The middle.
(b) There is not exposition in this story.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
2. Which of the following describes the literary device Carver uses when Terri and Mel talk about Terri's past relationship in detail?
3. Mel claims he loved:
4. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
5. As Carver's story progresses, how do Mel and Terri's attitudes toward each other change?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)