|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of the old man's depression?
(a) He is unable to see his wife.
(b) He can no longer take part in extramarital affairs.
(c) He is thinking about living the rest of his life as an invalid.
(d) He loses his job.
2. Which character is encouraged by the end of the story?
(d) No one.
3. Who turns on a light in the room?
(a) No one.
4. What does Terri suggest Mel do to make himself feel better?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Have a drink.
(c) Call his parents.
(d) Take medication.
5. Which of the following describes the literary device Carver uses when Terri and Mel talk about Terri's past relationship in detail?
(b) Dramatic irony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the old couple move to?
2. What term best describes Mel's nature?
3. Why is the story of the old couple told?
4. Where are additional beverages kept?
5. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)