|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
(a) No one.
(b) His children.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His parents.
2. Which of the following is a symbol in this story?
(c) The heart.
3. Which of the following is used as a symbol of lack of inhibition in the story?
(c) Prescription medication.
4. According to the author, what is the ultimate conclusion about the meaning of love?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It can only be felt by the elderly.
(c) It remains elusive.
(d) It is fully understood by all characters.
5. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
(a) So he can come and save her.
(b) So he can come see her in the hospital.
(c) So she will die.
(d) So he can have an excuse to call his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
2. Which character spent five years in a seminary?
3. Why might point of view play a role in how Mel's relationship is perceived by the reader?
4. What does Nick do as a sign of romantic love?
5. According to the author, Mel's profession requires a significant amount of:
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)