|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following symbolizes the hopelessness the characters feel about finding real love?
(a) The glass spilling on the table.
(b) The discovery that the group's favorite restaurant is closed.
(c) The meal burning in the oven.
(d) The rainstorm.
2. What happens at the end of the story?
(a) The sun rises.
(b) Everyone goes home.
(c) Everyone starts crying.
(d) The sun sets.
3. Which of the following is a form of entertainment for the characters?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Singing songs.
(d) Playing board games.
4. According to the author, what is the ultimate conclusion about the meaning of love?
(a) It remains elusive.
(b) It can only be felt by the elderly.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is fully understood by all characters.
5. What is the tone of the story as Nick kisses his wife's hand?
(a) Romantic and sweet.
(b) Fast-paced and rushed.
(c) Dull and subdued.
(d) Serious and arcane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the topic of love broached?
2. What time of day does this story end?
3. How does the tone change as the story progresses?
4. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
5. Over what length of time does this story take place?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)