|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the denotation of the word 'love'?
(a) An extreme dislike of another person.
(b) A tender affection for another person.
(c) The images that come to mind and the feelings that are evoked.
(d) Past memories associated with relationships.
2. How are the two couples different from other people in a relationship?
(a) They have a weaker understanding of love.
(b) They have a better understanding of love.
(c) They are no different.
(d) They are older than the average couple in love.
3. What is in the spilled glass?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(b) Iced tea.
4. What does Nick notice after the story is over?
(a) The narrator has his arm around someone else's wife.
(b) Everyone is crying.
(c) The sun is rising.
(d) The afternoon light is waning.
5. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
(a) So he can come and save her.
(b) So he can come see her in the hospital.
(c) So she will die.
(d) So he can have an excuse to call his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Terri recalls a period of her life during which she lived like a:
2. What can describe Mel's behavior as the conversation progresses?
3. Which of the following events is the climax of Carver's story?
4. In which part of the story does the narrator mention where the characters are from?
5. Why does Mel's behavior worsen throughout the story?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)