1. "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" is a(n) ________ story of ____________ couples.
(a) Short; married.
(b) Abridged; unhappy.
(c) Descriptive; mild-mannered.
(d) Non-fiction; divorcing.
2. Who is married to Nick?
3. Who is the narrator?
4. Where does the story take place?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) Mel's kitchen.
(c) Nick's porch.
(d) A coffee shop.
5. What time of day does the story take place?
(a) Late afternoon.
(d) Late night.
6. What is the beverage of choice throughout the duration of the conversation?
(a) Rum and Coke.
(b) Gin and tonic.
7. In addition to the beverages, what else is passed around during the conversation?
(a) A photo album.
(b) An ice bucket.
(c) A journal.
(d) A guitar.
8. What is the geographic setting for the story?
(a) Bar Harbor.
9. Who notes that the characters "are all from someplace else"?
10. What is Mel's profession?
(b) Marriage counselor.
This section contains 4,297 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)