|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The drug Atabrine is also used as _______________.
2. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
3. During this frantic period of time the men are working _______ hours each week.
4. How is the island of Konora shaped?
5. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
Essay Topic 1
Michener writes most of these stories with a subliminal theme of the fear of death. Choose three characters from any of the stories and give their views on death. Are they afraid? Do they live in denial? How do they approach it?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Bob Harbison. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Bob?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the stories. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the stories that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)