Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
2. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
3. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
4. Who is the Marine who is tasked with shutting down Bloody Mary's business?
5. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
Essay Topic 1
Michener is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book TALES OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the format of the book. What is the purpose of the Stories? Why did Michener write the stories instead of a novel format? Explain.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)