|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is approaching in "Wine for the Mess at Segi"?
2. What gift had Joe given Liat which Bloody Mary throws at him?
3. What is the ammunition carrier that receives extensive damage in a hurricane?
4. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
5. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Bob Harbison. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Bob?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loyalty. Identify at least two examples about loyalty in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of loyalty.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)