|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does Tony Fry operate?
2. Latouche decides that Lt. Col. Haricot can be persuaded to marry _____________.
3. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
4. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
5. Paul determines that Bill is _________________.
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book TALES OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of duty. Identify at least two examples about duty in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Tony Fry. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Tony?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)