|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harbison forced to censor?
2. What is a PBY?
3. What drink does Tony Fry always have available?
4. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
5. What disease do all the men on the small coral island have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
2. What physical restrictions does Hoag encounter in the airstrip project on Konora?
3. Who is Achilles Barzan and why is he a fugitive?
4. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
5. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
6. How does Joe rationalize that Liat is not a native savage?
7. What is the irony of how Kelley's discipline benefits the navy but is disastrous in his personal life?
8. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
9. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
10. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Bloody Mary. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Bloody Mary?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Tony Fry. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Tony?
Essay Topic 3
TALES OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC is a classic work of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,547 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)