|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(b) suicide boats.
2. What is a Japanese AKA boat?
(b) Troop transfer ship.
(c) Missile launcher.
3. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
(a) Lt. Commander Charlesworth.
(b) Lt. Commander Weston.
(c) Lt. Commander Chamberlain.
(d) Lt. Commander Smith.
4. What are Emile's intentions toward Nellie?
(a) He just wanted a fling.
(b) He wanted to see her exclusively.
(c) He wanted to marry her.
(d) He wanted to break off the relationship.
5. What is LARU-8?
(a) A spy code.
(b) An aircraft repair unit.
(c) A military handbook.
(d) A new type of tank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
2. Who is the Remittance Man?
3. What is the code name of the secret mission in "Alligator"?
4. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
5. What design does Admiral Kester order removed from a plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
2. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
3. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
4. What is Atabrine and why do the men fear its side effects?
5. What does Bill do to pass time in his position?
6. What is the condition of the men in the "Coral Sea" story?
7. Why are PT boats considered inadequate and what measures are put into place to help support them?
8. Who is the Remittance Man?
9. What is Tony Fry known for because there is so much down time on the islands?
10. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)