|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
(b) Air Force.
2. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
(a) news headlines.
(c) enemy planes.
3. What puts Harbison in a bad mood and makes him break up with the woman in #31?
(a) His brother-in-law got another Army promotion.
(b) He caught her with another man.
(c) He got demoted from his position.
(d) His best friend was killed in Germany.
4. Emile tells Nellie that he had to leave Marseilles because he _______________.
(a) killed a man.
(b) was a political incendiary.
(c) was a thief.
(d) broke out of prison.
5. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(a) suicide boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl Tony Fry is having an affair with?
2. What type of disease does Joe get?
3. Who ultimately comes to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
4. What was Joe's job before the war?
5. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
2. What is Tony Fry known for because there is so much down time on the islands?
3. Who is Dinah Culbert and what is her relationship to Bill Harbison?
4. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
5. What is the narrator's job on Norfolk Island and what does he see as an impediment?
6. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
7. Who is Emile De Becque and what is Nellie's relationship to him?
8. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
9. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
10. What is Atabrine and why do the men fear its side effects?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)