|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Harbison's wife attend?
2. What is the code name of the secret mission in "Alligator"?
3. Who is the Remittance Man?
(a) A shore watcher.
(b) A pay officer.
(c) A procurement officer.
(d) A personnel officer.
4. On what island is Bill Harbison stationed?
5. Who is the girl who wrote to Joe and then died in a car accident?
(a) Susan McKenzie.
(b) Alice Baker.
(c) Patty Meyers.
(d) Margaret Long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
2. Whose farm does the narrator and Tony Fry visit?
3. Admiral Kester is the leader of the attack on the island of ____________.
4. What is the timing of the Alligator initiative?
5. What country is saved with the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author show about the superiority of U.S. military might in the case of Bus being shot down by Japanese forces?
2. Who is Joe and what are the circumstances he shares with eight hundred other men in "Dry Rot"?
3. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
4. What is a milk run?
5. What happens when Luther Billis promises to set Joe up with some girls?
6. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
7. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
8. What types of emotional angst does Nellie experience in this environment which is so different from her native Alabama?
9. What is Tony Fry known for because there is so much down time on the islands?
10. Why does Joe face a court martial over the incident regarding mosquito netting?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)