|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
2. Planes from what country initially come to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
(b) New Zealand.
3. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
(a) A tent.
(b) A hut.
(c) A cave.
(d) A stone building.
4. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Essie Schultz.
(b) Alice Morganstern.
(c) Laura Benton.
(d) Maddie Willows.
5. What is Captain Kelley's notable demeanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
2. What is the code name of the secret mission in "Alligator"?
3. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
4. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
5. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the Remittance Man?
2. Who is the Remittance Man?
3. Why does Joe face a court martial over the incident regarding mosquito netting?
4. Who is Joe and what are the circumstances he shares with eight hundred other men in "Dry Rot"?
5. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
6. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
7. What is Atabrine and why do the men fear its side effects?
8. Why are PT boats considered inadequate and what measures are put into place to help support them?
9. Why is Nellie feeling particularly vulnerable?
10. Who is Dinah Culbert and what is her relationship to Bill Harbison?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)