|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose farm does the narrator and Tony Fry visit?
(a) Fletcher Christian.
(b) Milania Christian.
(c) Tia Christian.
(d) Teta Christian.
2. Who was the famous captain on the ship, Bounty?
(a) Captain Weston.
(b) Captain Alden.
(c) Captain Cook.
(d) Captain Bligh.
3. Who is the Remittance Man?
(a) A personnel officer.
(b) A procurement officer.
(c) A shore watcher.
(d) A pay officer.
4. To whom does Nellie write a letter stating that she would marry him?
(a) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
(b) Tony Fry.
(c) Bill Harbison.
5. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
(a) A stone building.
(b) A hut.
(c) A tent.
(d) A cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Planes from what country initially come to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
2. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
3. What is Harbison's job on the island?
4. Who is Emile De Becque?
5. What college did Harbison's wife attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's job on Norfolk Island and what does he see as an impediment?
2. What does the author show about the superiority of U.S. military might in the case of Bus being shot down by Japanese forces?
3. Why does Joe face a court martial over the incident regarding mosquito netting?
4. What is Atabrine and why do the men fear its side effects?
5. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
6. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
7. Why is Bill Harbison called a social snob?
8. What is Tony Fry known for because there is so much down time on the islands?
9. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
10. What foreshadowing does the author use in this story?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)