|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harbison forced to censor?
(a) Soldiers' entertainment.
(b) Military messages.
(c) Soldiers' letters.
(d) Television programming.
2. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
3. What is the code name of the secret mission in "Alligator"?
4. Why does Nellie call off her marriage to Emile?
(a) He didn't have any money.
(b) He beat her.
(c) He had children with a so-called "nigger".
(d) He was too old for her.
5. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
(a) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl Tony Fry is having an affair with?
2. Who built many of the buildings on Norfolk Island?
3. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
4. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
5. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a milk run?
2. What does Bill do to pass time in his position?
3. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
4. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
5. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
6. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
7. What is the job of the Remittance Man?
8. Why does Joe face a court martial over the incident regarding mosquito netting?
9. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
10. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)