|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Emile's intentions toward Nellie?
(a) He wanted to break off the relationship.
(b) He just wanted a fling.
(c) He wanted to see her exclusively.
(d) He wanted to marry her.
2. What are the only things destroyed in building the airstrip?
(a) A church.
(b) Pine trees.
(c) Native homes.
(d) Stone buildings.
3. The women on the naval bases need extra security from ______________.
(c) rape attacks.
4. What is Captain Kelley's notable demeanor?
5. Attacking an already-bombed Japanese-held island is called _________________.
(a) easy pickins.
(b) second helpings.
(c) a milk run.
(d) war strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What design does Admiral Kester order removed from a plane?
2. Where is the narrator ordered to go to manage a situation regarding a crucial airstrip?
3. What type of jobs does Joe work on for the Skipper?
4. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
5. What country is saved with the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nellie feeling particularly vulnerable?
2. What is Atabrine and why do the men fear its side effects?
3. Why does Tony Fry not get along well with Lt. Commander Charlesworth?
4. What is a milk run?
5. What is the narrator's job on Norfolk Island and what does he see as an impediment?
6. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
7. Who is Emile De Becque and what is Nellie's relationship to him?
8. What does the author show about the superiority of U.S. military might in the case of Bus being shot down by Japanese forces?
9. What does Bill do to pass time in his position?
10. Who is the Remittance Man?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)