|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Iwo Jima.
(d) The Phillippines.
2. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
(a) Nick Jones.
(b) Tony Fry.
(c) Bud Albers.
(d) Freddie Meyers.
3. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
4. Who ultimately comes to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
(a) Lt. Commander Charlesworth.
(b) Lt. Commander Weston.
(c) Lt. Commander Aldrin.
(d) Lt. Commander Meyers.
5. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
(a) Salute an officer.
(b) Serve KP duty.
(c) Sleep under mosquito nets.
(d) Clean his weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harbison forced to censor?
2. Who is Emile De Becque?
3. Who is the girl who wrote to Joe and then died in a car accident?
4. Who is the Remittance Man?
5. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Emile De Becque and what is Nellie's relationship to him?
2. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
3. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
4. Who is Captain Samuel Kelley and for what is he responsible in the "Alligator" operation?
5. Why is Bill Harbison called a social snob?
6. What is the condition of the men in the "Coral Sea" story?
7. What does Bill do to pass time in his position?
8. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
9. What is the narrator's job on Norfolk Island and what does he see as an impediment?
10. Why does Joe face a court martial over the incident regarding mosquito netting?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)