|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emile De Becque?
(a) French pilot.
(b) Owner of a French plantation.
(c) French author.
(d) Restaurant chef.
2. What type of jobs does Joe work on for the Skipper?
3. Whose farm does the narrator and Tony Fry visit?
(a) Milania Christian.
(b) Tia Christian.
(c) Fletcher Christian.
(d) Teta Christian.
4. What is the code name of the secret mission in "Alligator"?
5. What is a PBY?
(a) Peanut Butter Yogurt.
(b) Partially Boiled Yak.
(c) Latrine duty.
(d) Amphibious seaplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
2. Who ultimately comes to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
3. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
4. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
5. How old is Teta Christian at the time the narrator visited Norfolk Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a milk run?
2. What types of emotional angst does Nellie experience in this environment which is so different from her native Alabama?
3. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
4. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
5. Why is Bill Harbison called a social snob?
6. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
7. Why does Tony Fry not get along well with Lt. Commander Charlesworth?
8. Who is Captain Samuel Kelley and for what is he responsible in the "Alligator" operation?
9. What is the condition of the men in the "Coral Sea" story?
10. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)