|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
(c) Norfolk Island.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
2. What is LARU-8?
(a) A military handbook.
(b) A spy code.
(c) A new type of tank.
(d) An aircraft repair unit.
3. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
4. What is Nellie Forbush's job?
5. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease do all the men on the small coral island have?
2. What is a Japanese AKA boat?
3. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
4. Where is the narrator sent in April of 1942?
5. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joe and what are the circumstances he shares with eight hundred other men in "Dry Rot"?
2. Who is Dinah Culbert and what is her relationship to Bill Harbison?
3. How does the narrator use the metaphor of a chain to explain the levels of command during the operation?
4. What is Tony Fry known for because there is so much down time on the islands?
5. What happens when Luther Billis promises to set Joe up with some girls?
6. Why is Nellie feeling particularly vulnerable?
7. For what is Tony Fry well known and what does he convince Bus Adams to do to help him?
8. Why are PT boats considered inadequate and what measures are put into place to help support them?
9. How is Bus overthrown for Tony Fry in Latouche's affections?
10. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)