|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the timing of the Alligator initiative?
(a) August 1943.
(b) November 1942.
(c) December 1941.
(d) June 1943.
2. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
(a) Freddie Meyers.
(b) Tony Fry.
(c) Nick Jones.
(d) Bud Albers.
3. What enrages Admiral Kester at one time?
(a) Monsoon season.
(b) Cold coffee.
(c) Empty whiskey bottle.
(d) A stuck zipper.
4. What is Harbison's job on the island?
(a) Mess Hall officer.
(b) Military vehicles officer.
(c) Procurement officer.
(d) Recreation officer.
5. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
(a) The Mutiny people.
(b) The Christians.
(c) The Bounty people.
(d) The Powanees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is widely known about Harbison?
2. What is LARU-8?
3. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
4. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
5. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
2. What is the condition of the men in the "Coral Sea" story?
3. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
4. Who is Dinah Culbert and what is her relationship to Bill Harbison?
5. What is the narrator's job on Norfolk Island and what does he see as an impediment?
6. What foreshadowing does the author use in this story?
7. Why are PT boats considered inadequate and what measures are put into place to help support them?
8. Who is the Remittance Man?
9. Who is Emile De Becque and what is Nellie's relationship to him?
10. Why does Tony Fry not get along well with Lt. Commander Charlesworth?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)