|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
2. To whom does Nellie write a letter stating that she would marry him?
(a) Bill Harbison.
(b) Tony Fry.
(d) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
3. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
(a) Melanesian Mission building.
(b) The Grace Center.
(c) Norfolk Island Presbyterian Church.
(d) St. Sebastian Church.
4. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
5. What is Captain Kelley's notable demeanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Harbison's wife attend?
2. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
3. Who assumes command of the Alligator initiative?
4. On what island is Bill Harbison stationed?
5. What was Joe's job before the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of emotional angst does Nellie experience in this environment which is so different from her native Alabama?
2. What is Atabrine and why do the men fear its side effects?
3. What happens when Luther Billis promises to set Joe up with some girls?
4. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
5. Why is Bill Harbison called a social snob?
6. Who is the Remittance Man?
7. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
8. Why does Joe face a court martial over the incident regarding mosquito netting?
9. What is a milk run?
10. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)