|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
(a) A tent.
(b) A stone building.
(c) A cave.
(d) A hut.
2. Where is Lt. Bus Adams shot down?
(a) Over Norfolk Island.
(b) Over Efate Island.
(c) Over Korea.
(d) Over Segi Point.
3. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
(c) In awe.
4. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
5. How many months has Joe been stationed on the small coral island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
2. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
3. What is the timing of the Alligator initiative?
4. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
5. Who assumes command of the Alligator initiative?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
2. What is the condition of the men in the "Coral Sea" story?
3. Why is Bill Harbison called a social snob?
4. What foreshadowing does the author use in this story?
5. Who is Dinah Culbert and what is her relationship to Bill Harbison?
6. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
7. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
8. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
9. What types of emotional angst does Nellie experience in this environment which is so different from her native Alabama?
10. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)