|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
2. Who is the 22-year-old nurse that Harbison started to date?
(a) Maggie Sampson.
(b) Sally Quinn.
(c) Lee Stern.
(d) Nellie Forbush.
3. What is the nationality of the Remittance Man?
4. Where is the narrator ordered to go to manage a situation regarding a crucial airstrip?
(d) Pearl Harbor.
5. What is the code name of the secret mission in "Alligator"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a PBY?
2. Who ultimately comes to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
3. What type of jobs does Joe work on for the Skipper?
4. How many months has Joe been stationed on the small coral island?
5. What are the only things destroyed in building the airstrip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are PT boats considered inadequate and what measures are put into place to help support them?
2. Why does Tony Fry not get along well with Lt. Commander Charlesworth?
3. What is a milk run?
4. Why is Nellie feeling particularly vulnerable?
5. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
6. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
7. What is Tony Fry known for because there is so much down time on the islands?
8. What does Bill do to pass time in his position?
9. What is the narrator's job on Norfolk Island and what does he see as an impediment?
10. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)