|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
(a) The Bounty people.
(b) The Christians.
(c) The Powanees.
(d) The Mutiny people.
2. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
(a) Tony Fry.
(c) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
(d) Bill Harbison.
3. What type of tree is famous for growing on Norfolk Island?
4. Who is the girl who wrote to Joe and then died in a car accident?
(a) Alice Baker.
(b) Margaret Long.
(c) Patty Meyers.
(d) Susan McKenzie.
5. Where is Lt. Bus Adams shot down?
(a) Over Norfolk Island.
(b) Over Korea.
(c) Over Segi Point.
(d) Over Efate Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Remittance Man's nickname?
2. Attacking an already-bombed Japanese-held island is called _________________.
3. What is Harbison forced to censor?
4. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
5. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Atabrine and why do the men fear its side effects?
2. Who is Joe and what are the circumstances he shares with eight hundred other men in "Dry Rot"?
3. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
4. Who is the Remittance Man?
5. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
6. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
7. Why are PT boats considered inadequate and what measures are put into place to help support them?
8. What is the condition of the men in the "Coral Sea" story?
9. What types of emotional angst does Nellie experience in this environment which is so different from her native Alabama?
10. Who is Dinah Culbert and what is her relationship to Bill Harbison?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)