|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(a) suicide boats.
2. Why does Nellie call off her marriage to Emile?
(a) He was too old for her.
(b) He had children with a so-called "nigger".
(c) He didn't have any money.
(d) He beat her.
3. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Alice Morganstern.
(b) Maddie Willows.
(c) Laura Benton.
(d) Essie Schultz.
4. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
5. What type of tree is famous for growing on Norfolk Island?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl Tony Fry is having an affair with?
2. Planes from what country initially come to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
3. What design does Admiral Kester order removed from a plane?
4. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
5. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joe and what are the circumstances he shares with eight hundred other men in "Dry Rot"?
2. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
3. What is Tony Fry known for because there is so much down time on the islands?
4. Who is Dinah Culbert and what is her relationship to Bill Harbison?
5. What happens when Luther Billis promises to set Joe up with some girls?
6. Who is the Remittance Man?
7. Who is Latouche Barzan and what is her relationship with Bus Adams?
8. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
9. What does Bill do to pass time in his position?
10. What is Pearlstein's strategy to complete the airstrip?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)