|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nationality of the Remittance Man?
2. What country is saved with the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
(c) New Zealand.
(d) United States.
3. What is the fate of the Remittance Man?
(a) Killed in an air raid.
(b) Captured and presumably executed.
(c) Captured and released.
(d) Captured and rescued.
4. What type of jobs does Joe work on for the Skipper?
5. Admiral Kester is the leader of the attack on the island of ____________.
(a) Bali Hai.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
2. What is widely known about Harbison?
3. In whom does Emile De Becque take a romantic interest?
4. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
5. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Emile De Becque and what is Nellie's relationship to him?
2. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
3. Why does Tony Fry not get along well with Lt. Commander Charlesworth?
4. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
5. What is the job of the Remittance Man?
6. Who is the Remittance Man?
7. Who is Joe and what are the circumstances he shares with eight hundred other men in "Dry Rot"?
8. What does the author show about the superiority of U.S. military might in the case of Bus being shot down by Japanese forces?
9. What is the narrator's job on Norfolk Island and what does he see as an impediment?
10. What makes the narrator decide to postpone the decision to cut down the trees on Norfolk Island?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)