|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
2. Why is Nellie upset about Emile's half-Polynesian daughters?
(a) She saw scars on the children.
(b) She didn't know he had children.
(c) She considered them half black.
(d) She thought they were so young.
3. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
(a) Norfolk Island.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
4. What is Captain Kelley's notable demeanor?
5. What is LARU-8?
(a) A military handbook.
(b) A spy code.
(c) A new type of tank.
(d) An aircraft repair unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Remittance Man?
2. On what kind of boat does Tony go out on some patrols?
3. Where is the narrator ordered to go to manage a situation regarding a crucial airstrip?
4. What item enables Joe to sleep better at night?
5. During what time period does the narrator spend time in the South Pacific?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ensign Bill Harbison and what is his role?
2. Who is Emile De Becque and what is Nellie's relationship to him?
3. What is the content of the "Coral Sea" story?
4. What is the condition of the men in the "Coral Sea" story?
5. Who is the woman who is the center of the story in "Our Heroine"?
6. Why are PT boats considered inadequate and what measures are put into place to help support them?
7. Why is Nellie feeling particularly vulnerable?
8. What is the content of "The South Pacific" story?
9. What irony is revealed regarding the British treatment of prisoners on the island and the activities of the Allies now?
10. Why does Tony Fry not get along well with Lt. Commander Charlesworth?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)