|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator sent in April of 1942?
(a) Bora Bora.
(b) Vanicoro Island.
(c) Aleutian Islands.
(d) The Phillippines.
2. Who assumes command of the Alligator initiative?
(a) Captain Samuel Kelley.
(b) Captain Joe Sullenbarger.
(c) Captain Eddie Martin.
(d) Captain James Morgan.
3. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Phillippines.
4. What drink does Tony Fry always have available?
5. What type of disease does Joe get?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
2. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
3. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
4. What is at a premium on the small coral island?
5. During what time period does the narrator spend time in the South Pacific?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author show about the superiority of U.S. military might in the case of Bus being shot down by Japanese forces?
2. How does Joe lie when the men talk about becoming intimate with native girls?
3. What foreshadowing does the author use in this story?
4. Why is Nellie feeling particularly vulnerable?
5. Why is Joe conflicted by his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's trading post?
6. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
7. What is the secret operation called "Alligator"?
8. Who is Emile De Becque and what is Nellie's relationship to him?
9. What happens when Luther Billis promises to set Joe up with some girls?
10. Why does Joe face a court martial over the incident regarding mosquito netting?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)