|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are told that they will lead the next strike on ____________.
2. What is the Bouncing Belch?
(a) Drinking game.
(b) Condemned plane.
3. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
(a) Col. Jackson.
(b) Col. Harrison.
(c) Col. Haricot.
(d) Col. Hallowell.
4. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(c) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
(d) Bacterial infections.
5. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
(a) Tony Fox.
(b) Lt. Bill Harbison.
(c) Joe Cable.
(d) Eddie Wirtz.
6. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(c) Parachute silk.
7. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
(b) choir boy.
(d) football player.
8. What cloth does Benny give the natives that makes them very happy?
(d) Red parachutes.
9. Who becomes Latouche's new boyfriend because he can talk about Paris, plus he is not married?
(a) Tony Fry.
(b) Lt. Col. Haricot.
(c) Bill Harbison.
(d) Eddie Franks.
10. How is Commander Hoag killed?
(a) Land mine.
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) Japanese grenade.
(d) Air attack.
11. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
12. How do the men spend Christmas Day?
(d) Writing letters.
13. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
(a) Bus Adams.
(b) Joe Mitchell.
(c) Eddie Franks.
(d) Jonathan Cole.
14. Who is the French statesman who leads France during the war?
(a) Michel Debre.
(b) Jacques Pepin.
(c) Georges Pompidou.
(d) Charles de Gaulle.
15. What kind of mission are Tony, the narrator and Bus on?
(b) Looking for whiskey.
(c) First aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the narrator have during this operation?
2. What is so dangerous about the way Bus has to land the plane at Segi Point?
3. How does Captain Kelley's daughter die?
4. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
5. Who does Joe tell about his affair with Liat?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)