|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harbison bring up the topic of Seaman Timothy Hewitt to Paul?
(a) He has died from a wound sustained
(b) He has had a nervous breakdown.
(c) He has a really bad case of malaria.
(d) Hewitt writes what are considered to be pornographic letters to his wife.
2. How does Bloody Mary get her name?
(a) She had a scar on her cheek.
(b) She killed two husbands.
(c) She loved to fight.
(d) From betel juice dripping from her mouth.
3. What does a ship's officer tell other men about Captain Kelley's daughter?
(a) She got pregnant by an Army flier.
(b) She died in a car accident.
(c) She flunked out of college.
(d) She was homecoming queen.
4. What job does the narrator have during this operation?
(a) Liaison between commanders.
(b) KP officer.
(c) Whiskey runner.
5. What nationality is the nun in #95?
6. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
(b) Liquor importer.
(c) Plantation owner.
(d) Rum plant manager.
7. What is a boar?
(a) A wooden ship.
(b) A carpenter tool.
(c) A male pig.
(d) A mean person.
8. Joe is caught between his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's business and _______________.
(a) seeing Liat.
(b) going AWOL.
(c) smuggling drugs.
(d) buying whiskey.
9. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
(b) Japanese Samurai swords.
(c) Geisha girls.
(d) Boars' tusks.
10. Who poses as a Naval Intelligence officer?
(b) The narrator.
11. What is the ammunition carrier that receives extensive damage in a hurricane?
12. Who is Bloody Mary's daughter that had sex with Joe Cable?
13. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
(b) Beer bottles.
(c) Naked women.
(d) U.S. flag.
14. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
(a) Tony Fox.
(b) Eddie Wirtz.
(c) Joe Cable.
(d) Lt. Bill Harbison.
15. The men are told that they will lead the next strike on ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bus compares Captain Kelley to ______________.
2. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
3. How does Captain Kelley's daughter die?
4. Who is the French statesman who leads France during the war?
5. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)