|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men consider putting on top of the airstrip to give it a tighter, smoother top?
(a) Live coral.
2. Tony trades two cases of whiskey for ___________.
(b) washing machine.
(d) ice maker.
3. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(a) Bacterial infections.
(c) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
4. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
(a) Eddie Franks.
(b) Jonathan Cole.
(c) Joe Mitchell.
(d) Bus Adams.
5. Why does Harbison bring up the topic of Seaman Timothy Hewitt to Paul?
(a) He has had a nervous breakdown.
(b) Hewitt writes what are considered to be pornographic letters to his wife.
(c) He has died from a wound sustained
(d) He has a really bad case of malaria.
6. To whom does Paul write a letter describing his life-threatening experience?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) His mother.
7. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
(b) Liquor importer.
(c) Plantation owner.
(d) Rum plant manager.
8. Who poses as a Naval Intelligence officer?
(c) The narrator.
9. Who is Latouhe's husband?
(a) Achille Barzan.
(b) Emil Barzan.
(c) Phillippe Barzan.
(d) Jacque Barzan.
10. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
(c) grass skirts.
11. What island can the men see when the rain blew away the island mist?
(c) Bali Ha'i.
12. Even though Bus Adams is a married man, he has a girlfriend in the South Pacific named _____________.
(a) Jeanne Marie.
(b) Latouche Barzan.
(c) Isabel Balzac.
(d) Rose Boulanger.
13. What business does Tony Fry operate?
(a) Tony's Last Chance.
(b) Tony's Wine Mess.
(c) Tony's Tiki Hut.
(d) Tony's Bar & Grill.
14. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
(a) Chaplain Goodacre.
(b) Rev. Minsterman.
(c) Rev. Miller.
(d) Chappy Jones.
15. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
(a) It is the home of the Tiki bird.
(b) It is the site of Bloody Mary's trading post.
(c) The young girls are kept there for their protection.
(d) It is the home of a drug smuggling ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
2. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
3. Joe is caught between his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's business and _______________.
4. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
5. Why are the men stuck for a couple of days on the island of Bougainville?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)