|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
(a) Sacred pig ceremony.
(b) Sun god ceremony.
(c) Funeral pyre.
(d) Harvest god ceremony.
2. Who is the Marine who is tasked with shutting down Bloody Mary's business?
(a) Lt. Sam Wyatt.
(b) Lt. Joe Cable.
(c) Lt. Mark Ellsberg.
(d) Lt. Eddie Ronson.
3. What does a ship's officer tell other men about Captain Kelley's daughter?
(a) She was homecoming queen.
(b) She flunked out of college.
(c) She died in a car accident.
(d) She got pregnant by an Army flier.
4. Joe falsely claims that he would not _________________.
(a) have sex with a native girl.
(b) smoke cigarettes.
(c) drink phony whiskey.
5. Who is the French statesman who leads France during the war?
(a) Michel Debre.
(b) Jacques Pepin.
(c) Georges Pompidou.
(d) Charles de Gaulle.
6. What business does Tony Fry operate?
(a) Tony's Last Chance.
(b) Tony's Bar & Grill.
(c) Tony's Wine Mess.
(d) Tony's Tiki Hut.
7. What gift had Joe given Liat which Bloody Mary throws at him?
(a) A purse.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A bottle of perfume.
(d) A watch.
8. What does Tony kill during the night when they scratch on the metal of the plane?
(c) Land crabs.
9. Why does Joe find it difficult to write a letter to his fiance?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He thinks of Liat.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He no longer wants to marry her.
10. Why does Harbison bring up the topic of Seaman Timothy Hewitt to Paul?
(a) He has died from a wound sustained
(b) He has a really bad case of malaria.
(c) Hewitt writes what are considered to be pornographic letters to his wife.
(d) He has had a nervous breakdown.
11. Who becomes Latouche's new boyfriend because he can talk about Paris, plus he is not married?
(a) Eddie Franks.
(b) Lt. Col. Haricot.
(c) Tony Fry.
(d) Bill Harbison.
12. How does Captain Kelley's daughter die?
(b) Car accident.
(d) Heart disease.
13. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(a) Parachute silk.
14. To whom does Paul write a letter describing his life-threatening experience?
(a) His mother.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) His wife.
(d) His girlfriend.
15. Why do the men create serious pranks during this time?
(a) To win bets.
(b) To be creative.
(c) To relieve tension.
(d) To escape boredom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
2. Who is Bill Harbison's wife?
3. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
4. How is Commander Hoag killed?
5. Joe is caught between his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's business and _______________.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)