|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
(a) U.S. flag.
(b) Naked women.
(d) Beer bottles.
2. Captain Samuel Kelley is known for ________________.
(a) working the men relentlessly.
(b) being drunk.
(c) impeccable manners.
(d) slacking off.
3. What type of business does Bloody Mary run?
(b) Souvenir shop.
(c) Trading post.
(d) Cab company.
4. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
(a) Joe Mitchell.
(b) Jonathan Cole.
(c) Bus Adams.
(d) Eddie Franks.
5. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
(a) rum runner.
6. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(a) Parachute silk.
7. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
(b) grass skirts.
8. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
(a) New Hebrides.
9. Who is the French statesman who leads France during the war?
(a) Charles de Gaulle.
(b) Jacques Pepin.
(c) Georges Pompidou.
(d) Michel Debre.
10. Paul compared his survival of the plane crash as _________________.
(a) a near-death experience.
(b) an Aztec human sacrifice to the sun.
(c) a humbling experience.
(d) a character-building exercise.
11. During this frantic period of time the men are working _______ hours each week.
12. Tony trades two cases of whiskey for ___________.
(a) washing machine.
(d) ice maker.
13. Who is the nun who prepares a meal at the hospital?
(a) Sister Clement.
(b) Sister Carmelita.
(c) Sister Aurelia.
(d) Sister Caroline.
14. How is Commander Hoag killed?
(a) Land mine.
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) Japanese grenade.
(d) Air attack.
15. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
(b) football player.
(d) choir boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the nun in #95?
2. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
3. What article of clothing is Bus noted for wearing?
4. What holiday is approaching in "Wine for the Mess at Segi"?
5. Why are the men stuck for a couple of days on the island of Bougainville?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)