|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
(a) Col. Hallowell.
(b) Col. Haricot.
(c) Col. Harrison.
(d) Col. Jackson.
2. What do the Marines in Joe's camp hang over his head?
(a) A shrunken head.
(b) A bucket of water.
(c) A mosquito net.
(d) A bell.
3. What rock is found in the hills on Konora?
4. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
(b) Naked women.
(c) Beer bottles.
(d) U.S. flag.
5. Who is Bill Harbison's wife?
6. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
7. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
8. Paul determines that Bill is _________________.
(a) a real jerk.
(b) a true romantic soul.
(c) a prince of a guy.
(d) a real man's man.
9. Paul compared his survival of the plane crash as _________________.
(a) an Aztec human sacrifice to the sun.
(b) a near-death experience.
(c) a humbling experience.
(d) a character-building exercise.
10. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
(b) Rum plant manager.
(c) Liquor importer.
(d) Plantation owner.
11. Joe is caught between his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's business and _______________.
(a) going AWOL.
(b) smuggling drugs.
(c) buying whiskey.
(d) seeing Liat.
12. What cloth does Benny give the natives that makes them very happy?
(b) Red parachutes.
13. The airstrip in #133 is under the command of _________________.
(a) Commander Watson.
(b) Commander Johnson.
(c) Commander Hoag.
(d) Commander Hall.
14. How is the island of Konora shaped?
(a) Like an outstretched arm.
(b) Like a bent knee.
(c) Like a lightning bolt.
(d) Like a boomerang.
15. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
(a) Boars' tusks.
(c) Geisha girls.
(d) Japanese Samurai swords.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
2. Joe falsely claims that he would not _________________.
3. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
4. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
5. Who is the Marine who is tasked with shutting down Bloody Mary's business?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)