|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bloody Mary want Joe to do?
(a) Buy knick knacks.
(b) Sell her black market cigarettes.
(c) Get her a boat.
(d) Marry Liat.
2. Why are the men stuck for a couple of days on the island of Bougainville?
(a) Out of fuel.
(b) Plane repairs.
(c) Rest and relaxation.
(d) Bad weather.
3. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
(a) The young girls are kept there for their protection.
(b) It is the home of the Tiki bird.
(c) It is the home of a drug smuggling ring.
(d) It is the site of Bloody Mary's trading post.
4. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
(b) Japanese Samurai swords.
(c) Geisha girls.
(d) Boars' tusks.
5. Who is the nun who prepares a meal at the hospital?
(a) Sister Clement.
(b) Sister Carmelita.
(c) Sister Caroline.
(d) Sister Aurelia.
6. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(b) Bacterial infections.
(d) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
7. Who is Bill Harbison's wife?
8. Even though Bus Adams is a married man, he has a girlfriend in the South Pacific named _____________.
(a) Rose Boulanger.
(b) Latouche Barzan.
(c) Jeanne Marie.
(d) Isabel Balzac.
9. What does Tony kill during the night when they scratch on the metal of the plane?
(c) Land crabs.
10. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(b) Parachute silk.
11. Paul determines that Bill is _________________.
(a) a real jerk.
(b) a prince of a guy.
(c) a real man's man.
(d) a true romantic soul.
12. Who does Joe tell about his affair with Liat?
(a) No one.
(b) His brother.
(c) His fiance.
(d) His best friend.
13. Why does Joe find it difficult to write a letter to his fiance?
(a) He no longer wants to marry her.
(b) He thinks of Liat.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is ill.
14. Tony trades two cases of whiskey for ___________.
(a) ice maker.
(d) washing machine.
15. Latouche decides that Lt. Col. Haricot can be persuaded to marry _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
2. What cloth does Benny give the natives that makes them very happy?
3. What rock is found in the hills on Konora?
4. Who becomes Latouche's new boyfriend because he can talk about Paris, plus he is not married?
5. From what city does Captain Kelley come?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)