|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(a) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
(b) Bacterial infections.
2. How is the island of Konora shaped?
(a) Like an outstretched arm.
(b) Like a bent knee.
(c) Like a lightning bolt.
(d) Like a boomerang.
3. What is a boar?
(a) A mean person.
(b) A male pig.
(c) A carpenter tool.
(d) A wooden ship.
4. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
5. Where does Joe take Liat to lunch?
(a) A cave.
(b) The beach.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The hospital.
6. What business does Tony Fry operate?
(a) Tony's Bar & Grill.
(b) Tony's Last Chance.
(c) Tony's Wine Mess.
(d) Tony's Tiki Hut.
7. Bus compares Captain Kelley to ______________.
(a) Captain Hook.
(b) Captain Blood.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Cook.
8. What nationality is the nun in #95?
9. Joe falsely claims that he would not _________________.
(b) have sex with a native girl.
(c) smoke cigarettes.
(d) drink phony whiskey.
10. Why does Atabrine Benny take Joe to Bali Ha'i?
(a) To buy whiskey.
(b) To be with Liat.
(c) To fly a mission.
(d) To send messages.
11. Who is Latouche's sister?
12. Who is Tony's girlfriend who lives in Luana Pori?
13. What rock is found in the hills on Konora?
14. How does Captain Kelley's daughter die?
(b) Heart disease.
(d) Car accident.
15. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(b) Parachute silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Latouhe's husband?
2. Even though Bus Adams is a married man, he has a girlfriend in the South Pacific named _____________.
3. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
4. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
5. What kind of mission are Tony, the narrator and Bus on?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)