|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Bloody Mary sell to Americans?
(b) Voodoo dolls.
(d) Grass skirts.
2. Why is the supply depot being reinforced?
(a) Japanese air attacks.
(b) An approaching hurricane.
(c) Monsoon season.
(d) Native break-ins.
3. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
(a) Jonathan Cole.
(b) Eddie Franks.
(c) Joe Mitchell.
(d) Bus Adams.
4. What do the Marines in Joe's camp hang over his head?
(a) A shrunken head.
(b) A bucket of water.
(c) A bell.
(d) A mosquito net.
5. What does Bloody Mary want Joe to do?
(a) Buy knick knacks.
(b) Marry Liat.
(c) Get her a boat.
(d) Sell her black market cigarettes.
6. Who poses as a Naval Intelligence officer?
(c) The narrator.
7. Paul determines that Bill is _________________.
(a) a real man's man.
(b) a real jerk.
(c) a true romantic soul.
(d) a prince of a guy.
8. How is Commander Hoag killed?
(a) Friendly fire.
(b) Land mine.
(c) Air attack.
(d) Japanese grenade.
9. Who is the nun who prepares a meal at the hospital?
(a) Sister Clement.
(b) Sister Caroline.
(c) Sister Aurelia.
(d) Sister Carmelita.
10. What business does Tony Fry operate?
(a) Tony's Tiki Hut.
(b) Tony's Last Chance.
(c) Tony's Bar & Grill.
(d) Tony's Wine Mess.
11. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
(a) It is the site of Bloody Mary's trading post.
(b) The young girls are kept there for their protection.
(c) It is the home of a drug smuggling ring.
(d) It is the home of the Tiki bird.
12. What job does the narrator have during this operation?
(a) Liaison between commanders.
(b) Whiskey runner.
(c) KP officer.
13. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
14. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
(b) Liquor importer.
(c) Plantation owner.
(d) Rum plant manager.
15. Why does Atabrine Benny take Joe to Bali Ha'i?
(a) To be with Liat.
(b) To send messages.
(c) To fly a mission.
(d) To buy whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days is the commander in #134 given to build the airstrip?
2. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
3. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
4. How is the island of Konora shaped?
5. Who is Latouche's sister?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)