|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bloody Mary get her name?
(a) From betel juice dripping from her mouth.
(b) She loved to fight.
(c) She had a scar on her cheek.
(d) She killed two husbands.
2. What helps Bloody Mary bargain with the American servicemen?
(a) Dirty words.
(b) Dirty pictures.
3. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
(a) The young girls are kept there for their protection.
(b) It is the site of Bloody Mary's trading post.
(c) It is the home of the Tiki bird.
(d) It is the home of a drug smuggling ring.
4. What rock is found in the hills on Konora?
5. From what city does Captain Kelley come?
(a) Dayton, Ohio.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Madison, Wisconsin.
6. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
(b) Plantation owner.
(c) Liquor importer.
(d) Rum plant manager.
7. What job does the narrator have during this operation?
(b) KP officer.
(c) Liaison between commanders.
(d) Whiskey runner.
8. Who is Tony's girlfriend who lives in Luana Pori?
9. What article of clothing is Bus noted for wearing?
(a) Bomber jacket.
(b) Red socks.
(c) Aviator cap.
(d) Mickey Mouse watch.
10. What do the Marines in Joe's camp hang over his head?
(a) A shrunken head.
(b) A mosquito net.
(c) A bucket of water.
(d) A bell.
11. Captain Samuel Kelley is known for ________________.
(a) working the men relentlessly.
(b) being drunk.
(c) impeccable manners.
(d) slacking off.
12. During this frantic period of time the men are working _______ hours each week.
13. To whom does Paul write a letter describing his life-threatening experience?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) His wife.
14. The men are told that they will lead the next strike on ____________.
15. Who is Latouhe's husband?
(a) Phillippe Barzan.
(b) Jacque Barzan.
(c) Achille Barzan.
(d) Emil Barzan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harbison bring up the topic of Seaman Timothy Hewitt to Paul?
2. What does a ship's officer tell other men about Captain Kelley's daughter?
3. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
4. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
5. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)