|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
(a) The young girls are kept there for their protection.
(b) It is the home of the Tiki bird.
(c) It is the home of a drug smuggling ring.
(d) It is the site of Bloody Mary's trading post.
2. What do the men consider putting on top of the airstrip to give it a tighter, smoother top?
(a) Live coral.
3. What do the Marines in Joe's camp hang over his head?
(a) A bell.
(b) A mosquito net.
(c) A shrunken head.
(d) A bucket of water.
4. Paul determines that Bill is _________________.
(a) a prince of a guy.
(b) a real man's man.
(c) a true romantic soul.
(d) a real jerk.
5. Paul compared his survival of the plane crash as _________________.
(a) a near-death experience.
(b) an Aztec human sacrifice to the sun.
(c) a character-building exercise.
(d) a humbling experience.
6. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
(a) Sacred pig ceremony.
(b) Harvest god ceremony.
(c) Sun god ceremony.
(d) Funeral pyre.
7. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
(b) Shark's teeth.
(c) Hawaiian shirt.
(d) Boar's tusk.
8. What is the Bouncing Belch?
(c) Drinking game.
(d) Condemned plane.
9. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(c) Parachute silk.
10. How is Commander Hoag killed?
(a) Japanese grenade.
(b) Air attack.
(c) Friendly fire.
(d) Land mine.
11. How is the island of Konora shaped?
(a) Like a bent knee.
(b) Like an outstretched arm.
(c) Like a boomerang.
(d) Like a lightning bolt.
12. Who is Latouche's sister?
13. What nationality is the nun in #95?
14. Why does Joe find it difficult to write a letter to his fiance?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He thinks of Liat.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He no longer wants to marry her.
15. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ammunition carrier that receives extensive damage in a hurricane?
2. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
3. What type of business does Bloody Mary run?
4. Who is Latouhe's husband?
5. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)