|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is approaching in "Wine for the Mess at Segi"?
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
2. Why does Atabrine Benny take Joe to Bali Ha'i?
(a) To fly a mission.
(b) To buy whiskey.
(c) To send messages.
(d) To be with Liat.
3. Where does Joe take Liat to lunch?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The beach.
(c) A cave.
(d) A cafe.
4. What nationality is the nun in #95?
5. During this frantic period of time the men are working _______ hours each week.
6. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
(a) Naked women.
(b) Beer bottles.
(c) U.S. flag.
7. Who is the French statesman who leads France during the war?
(a) Jacques Pepin.
(b) Michel Debre.
(c) Georges Pompidou.
(d) Charles de Gaulle.
8. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
(a) Sun god ceremony.
(b) Harvest god ceremony.
(c) Funeral pyre.
(d) Sacred pig ceremony.
9. Who is Liat supposed to marry?
(a) Larry Peterson.
(b) Joe Cable.
(c) An island boy.
(d) Jacques Benoit.
10. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
11. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
(a) Rev. Miller.
(b) Chappy Jones.
(c) Chaplain Goodacre.
(d) Rev. Minsterman.
12. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
(d) grass skirts.
13. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
(a) Tony Fox.
(b) Joe Cable.
(c) Lt. Bill Harbison.
(d) Eddie Wirtz.
14. How does Bloody Mary get her name?
(a) She had a scar on her cheek.
(b) She loved to fight.
(c) From betel juice dripping from her mouth.
(d) She killed two husbands.
15. Why do the men create serious pranks during this time?
(a) To win bets.
(b) To relieve tension.
(c) To escape boredom.
(d) To be creative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
2. What job does the narrator have during this operation?
3. What is the ammunition carrier that receives extensive damage in a hurricane?
4. To whom does Paul write a letter describing his life-threatening experience?
5. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)