|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe find it difficult to write a letter to his fiance?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He no longer wants to marry her.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He thinks of Liat.
2. How is the island of Konora shaped?
(a) Like a bent knee.
(b) Like a boomerang.
(c) Like an outstretched arm.
(d) Like a lightning bolt.
3. Who does Joe tell about his affair with Liat?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His fiance.
(c) No one.
(d) His brother.
4. Captain Samuel Kelley is known for ________________.
(a) working the men relentlessly.
(b) slacking off.
(c) being drunk.
(d) impeccable manners.
5. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
6. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
7. Why is the supply depot being reinforced?
(a) An approaching hurricane.
(b) Monsoon season.
(c) Native break-ins.
(d) Japanese air attacks.
8. Who is the nun who prepares a meal at the hospital?
(a) Sister Caroline.
(b) Sister Carmelita.
(c) Sister Aurelia.
(d) Sister Clement.
9. What is the Bouncing Belch?
(b) Drinking game.
(c) Condemned plane.
10. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
(a) Tony Fox.
(b) Lt. Bill Harbison.
(c) Eddie Wirtz.
(d) Joe Cable.
11. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
(c) New Hebrides.
12. Even though Bus Adams is a married man, he has a girlfriend in the South Pacific named _____________.
(a) Latouche Barzan.
(b) Isabel Balzac.
(c) Jeanne Marie.
(d) Rose Boulanger.
13. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
(a) U.S. flag.
(c) Naked women.
(d) Beer bottles.
14. The drug Atabrine is also used as _______________.
(d) yellow dye.
15. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
(a) Col. Haricot.
(b) Col. Jackson.
(c) Col. Harrison.
(d) Col. Hallowell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Latouche's new boyfriend because he can talk about Paris, plus he is not married?
2. Latouche decides that Lt. Col. Haricot can be persuaded to marry _____________.
3. What do the men consider putting on top of the airstrip to give it a tighter, smoother top?
4. The Red House whorehouse is for ______________.
5. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)