Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
2. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
(c) New Hebrides.
3. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
(a) Sacred pig ceremony.
(b) Funeral pyre.
(c) Harvest god ceremony.
(d) Sun god ceremony.
4. Who is the Marine who is tasked with shutting down Bloody Mary's business?
(a) Lt. Joe Cable.
(b) Lt. Eddie Ronson.
(c) Lt. Sam Wyatt.
(d) Lt. Mark Ellsberg.
5. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
(a) Boars' tusks.
(c) Japanese Samurai swords.
(d) Geisha girls.
6. Why does Harbison bring up the topic of Seaman Timothy Hewitt to Paul?
(a) He has died from a wound sustained
(b) He has a really bad case of malaria.
(c) He has had a nervous breakdown.
(d) Hewitt writes what are considered to be pornographic letters to his wife.
7. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
(a) U.S. flag.
(c) Naked women.
(d) Beer bottles.
8. How do the men spend Christmas Day?
(c) Writing letters.
9. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
(b) grass skirts.
10. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
(a) choir boy.
(d) football player.
11. What does Tony kill during the night when they scratch on the metal of the plane?
(b) Land crabs.
12. Latouche decides that Lt. Col. Haricot can be persuaded to marry _____________.
13. What is the ammunition carrier that receives extensive damage in a hurricane?
14. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
(a) Bus Adams.
(b) Eddie Franks.
(c) Joe Mitchell.
(d) Jonathan Cole.
15. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
(a) It is the home of a drug smuggling ring.
(b) It is the site of Bloody Mary's trading post.
(c) The young girls are kept there for their protection.
(d) It is the home of the Tiki bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Commander Hoag killed?
2. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
3. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
4. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
5. What holiday is approaching in "Wine for the Mess at Segi"?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)