|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this frantic period of time the men are working _______ hours each week.
2. Joe falsely claims that he would not _________________.
(a) have sex with a native girl.
(b) drink phony whiskey.
(d) smoke cigarettes.
3. What nationality is the nun in #95?
4. Bus compares Captain Kelley to ______________.
(a) Captain Blood.
(b) Captain Cook.
(c) Captain Hook.
(d) Captain Bligh.
5. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
(a) Sacred pig ceremony.
(b) Harvest god ceremony.
(c) Sun god ceremony.
(d) Funeral pyre.
6. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
7. The airstrip in #133 is under the command of _________________.
(a) Commander Johnson.
(b) Commander Hoag.
(c) Commander Watson.
(d) Commander Hall.
8. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
(d) rum runner.
9. Why is the supply depot being reinforced?
(a) An approaching hurricane.
(b) Monsoon season.
(c) Native break-ins.
(d) Japanese air attacks.
10. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
(a) Eddie Wirtz.
(b) Tony Fox.
(c) Lt. Bill Harbison.
(d) Joe Cable.
11. How many days is the commander in #134 given to build the airstrip?
12. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
13. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
(d) New Hebrides.
14. Who is Liat supposed to marry?
(a) Jacques Benoit.
(b) Larry Peterson.
(c) An island boy.
(d) Joe Cable.
15. How is Commander Hoag killed?
(a) Japanese grenade.
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) Land mine.
(d) Air attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does Tony Fry operate?
2. Why are the men stuck for a couple of days on the island of Bougainville?
3. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
4. What island can the men see when the rain blew away the island mist?
5. Who is Bill Harbison's wife?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)