|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the island of Konora shaped?
(a) Like a boomerang.
(b) Like a lightning bolt.
(c) Like an outstretched arm.
(d) Like a bent knee.
2. What cloth does Benny give the natives that makes them very happy?
(c) Red parachutes.
3. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
(a) It is the home of a drug smuggling ring.
(b) The young girls are kept there for their protection.
(c) It is the home of the Tiki bird.
(d) It is the site of Bloody Mary's trading post.
4. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
5. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
6. What do the men consider putting on top of the airstrip to give it a tighter, smoother top?
(c) Live coral.
7. What does Bloody Mary want Joe to do?
(a) Sell her black market cigarettes.
(b) Get her a boat.
(c) Marry Liat.
(d) Buy knick knacks.
8. Why do the men create serious pranks during this time?
(a) To be creative.
(b) To escape boredom.
(c) To win bets.
(d) To relieve tension.
9. What helps Bloody Mary bargain with the American servicemen?
(a) Dirty pictures.
(c) Dirty words.
10. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
11. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
(b) grass skirts.
12. How does Captain Kelley's daughter die?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Car accident.
13. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(c) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
(d) Bacterial infections.
14. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
(a) Liquor importer.
(b) Rum plant manager.
(d) Plantation owner.
15. How do the men spend Christmas Day?
(c) Writing letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing is Bus noted for wearing?
2. From what city does Captain Kelley come?
3. How does Bloody Mary get her name?
4. The drug Atabrine is also used as _______________.
5. What job does the narrator have during this operation?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)