|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 350-358, Frisco, pp. 359-376, The Landing at Kuralei, pp. 377-384, A Cemetery at Hoga Point.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nellie call off her marriage to Emile?
(a) He was too old for her.
(b) He beat her.
(c) He didn't have any money.
(d) He had children with a so-called "nigger".
2. What is Harbison forced to censor?
(a) Television programming.
(b) Soldiers' letters.
(c) Military messages.
(d) Soldiers' entertainment.
3. What is a Japanese AKA boat?
(c) Missile launcher.
(d) Troop transfer ship.
4. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(b) suicide boats.
5. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
(a) Rev. Miller.
(b) Chaplain Goodacre.
(c) Rev. Minsterman.
(d) Chappy Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Marines in Joe's camp hang over his head?
2. How is Commander Hoag killed?
3. Who is the nurse Harbison dates who is 20 years older than he?
4. During what time period does the narrator spend time in the South Pacific?
5. Who is the nun who prepares a meal at the hospital?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)