Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
3. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
4. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
Essay Topic 1
"A Dollar and 20 Cents" displays a different side of Bukowski with the character being an old, weary man who is too weak to continue living in the world. Why does he feel he cannot continue in the world, and why does he welcome death? Compare and contrast the old man with the young people he conversed with early on in the story. Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Many different ideas and themes are connected in Tales of Ordinary Madness, but "Notes of a Potential Suicide" reveals connections that are more obvious. What connections are revealed in the story? How is the symphony connected to the Air Show event? What makes them memorable or important for Bukowski? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism can be found throughout Tales of Ordinary Madness. Choose two different stories to describe symbols from. What do those symbols you chose represent? How do they contrast in comparison to their surroundings? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the stories.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)