Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
3. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
4. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
Essay Topic 1
"An Evil Town" displays many acts of filth or "evil" with one seemingly righteous character seeing it all. Does Frank Evans turn out to be as righteous as he seems? Why or why not? Which act of hypocrisy is the strongest? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Insanity is a theme that runs throughout many stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness, but it is especially prominent in "Night Streets of Madness." How is insanity displayed in this story? Give at least two examples. What does Bukowski think of these insane actions? Which act of insanity is the worst in Bukwoski's opinion? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
One recurring theme in Tales of Ordinary Men is balance between life and literature. Describe Bukowski's ideas on life and literature from at least two stories from the collection. Which is more important to him, and why? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the stories.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)