Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
3. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
4. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
"Beer and Poets and Talk" displays Bukowski talking about literature freely, which is a rare instance in this collection of stories. What are Bukowski's thoughts on literature, and what does he think of it in comparison to reality? Why does he emphasize either literature or reality over the other? What does the arguing couple remind him of? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
Many stories in "Tales of Ordinary Madness" involve a serious addiction to gambling. Using at least two stories as examples, describe how gambling play a role in the main characters' lives. Describe the cycle of addiction. How does gambling affect the characters' lives? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the stories.
"Rape! Rape!" is a story in which human and animalistic traits run rampant. How do the characters exhibit animalistic behaviors? When does the human trait of lying appear, and how does it appear? Why does Bukowski become so confused after Vera lies? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)