Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
3. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
4. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
Essay Topic 1
Many stories in "Tales of Ordinary Madness" involve a serious addiction to gambling. Using at least two stories as examples, describe how gambling play a role in the main characters' lives. Describe the cycle of addiction. How does gambling affect the characters' lives? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the stories.
Essay Topic 2
As the title indicates, "Too Sensitive" contains the theme of sensitivity. Describe the way sensitivity is displayed in the story. How does the narrator suffer from his own kind of sensitivity despite his thinking that he is not sensitive? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Insanity is a theme that runs throughout many stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness, but it is especially prominent in "Night Streets of Madness." How is insanity displayed in this story? Give at least two examples. What does Bukowski think of these insane actions? Which act of insanity is the worst in Bukwoski's opinion? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)