Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
3. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
4. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
Symbolism can be found throughout Tales of Ordinary Madness. Choose two different stories to describe symbols from. What do those symbols you chose represent? How do they contrast in comparison to their surroundings? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the stories.
As the title indicates, "Too Sensitive" contains the theme of sensitivity. Describe the way sensitivity is displayed in the story. How does the narrator suffer from his own kind of sensitivity despite his thinking that he is not sensitive? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
"The Stupid Christs" is one of a few short stories in the collection that has a discernible beginning, middle, and end that make up the plot. What kind of progress does Dan make through the plot of the story? What changes, and what doesn't change? What themes are associated with each section of the plot (beginning, middle, and end)? Make sure you answer each question with evidence and support from the story.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)