|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
2. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) Outside to smoke.
3. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
4. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
(a) Every night.
(d) Every morning.
5. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. What does Bukowski say about acid and the item in conjunction with it?
3. What does LSD do to a user's reality, according to Bukowski?
4. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
5. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
2. What is ironic about Bukowski's observations in A Bad Trip?
3. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
4. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
5. What is Bukowski's idea of justness in his society?
6. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
7. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
8. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
9. What happens at the end of the Flower Horse?
10. What else does Bukowski realize about himself when he sees Luke in I Shot a Man in Reno?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)