|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(a) Heightened social commentary.
2. How does Bukowski die in A Popular Man?
(b) Chokes to death.
(d) Shoots himself.
3. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
4. Where does Bukowski go after the mechanic?
(a) A bar.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) The horse track.
5. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
(a) In the car.
(b) Inside the house.
(c) In the park.
(d) On a porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
2. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
3. What happens to Carol's animals one day?
4. Of what kind of group have the boys in The Big Pot Game copied their language from?
5. How does Bukowski discover what he does in A Bad Trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
2. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
3. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
4. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
5. Why does Bukowski cry after burning the blanket in The Blanket?
6. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
7. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
8. How do the boys disrespect the memories of the hepcats in The Big Pot Game?
9. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
10. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)