|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bukowski discover what he does in A Bad Trip?
(a) After a moment's reflection.
(b) After months of thinking.
(c) After a conversation.
(d) On an acid trip.
2. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
(a) The hospital.
(d) A madhouse.
3. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
(a) A pest.
4. What is Bukowski's current delusion in The Blanket?
(a) Tiny men try to electrocute him.
(b) The water tries to drown him.
(c) A blanket tries to strangle him.
(d) His neighbor tries to shoot him.
5. What do the two young men reply to Bukowski when he asks for a cigarette in The Big Pot Game?
(a) They have run out.
(b) They are going to Malibu.
(c) They will only sell it to him.
(d) They do not want to give him any.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
2. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
3. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
4. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
2. What does Carol do for Gordon to help him in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
3. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
4. What does Bukowski think of sex in Purple as an Iris?
5. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
6. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
7. What happens at the end of the Flower Horse?
8. What does Bukowski hallucinate, and what is it associated with in The Blanket?
9. Why does Bukowski cry after burning the blanket in The Blanket?
10. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)