|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(a) The doctor.
2. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) Outside to smoke.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
3. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
(a) They try to drown him.
(b) They write him a book.
(c) They converse with him.
(d) They are trying to electrocute him.
4. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(b) Sam Cooke.
(c) Ella Fitzgerald.
(d) Johnny Cash.
5. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
(a) He pleads for his life.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He is sadly resigned.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy respond to the old man in Night Streets of Madness?
2. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
3. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
4. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
5. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
2. What does the first woman in A Rain of Women remind Bukowski of?
3. Why does Bukowski cry after burning the blanket in The Blanket?
4. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
5. How do the boys disrespect the memories of the hepcats in The Big Pot Game?
6. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
7. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
8. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
9. What does Bukowski hallucinate, and what is it associated with in The Blanket?
10. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)