|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two young men reply to Bukowski when he asks for a cigarette in The Big Pot Game?
(a) They will only sell it to him.
(b) They do not want to give him any.
(c) They have run out.
(d) They are going to Malibu.
2. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
(c) Air show.
3. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(c) Heightened social commentary.
4. What emotions does Bukowski think a good poet should inspire, as described in Eyes Like the Sky?
(d) Fear and awe.
5. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Puts it in a box of rags.
(b) Disconnects it.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Throws it out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
2. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
3. Who does the woman sleep with first in I Shot a Man in Reno?
4. What is Bukowski's current delusion in The Blanket?
5. What does Bukowski say about acid and the item in conjunction with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
2. What is Bukowski's idea of justness in his society?
3. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
4. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
5. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
6. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
7. What does Bukowski hallucinate, and what is it associated with in The Blanket?
8. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
9. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
10. What else does Bukowski realize about himself when he sees Luke in I Shot a Man in Reno?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)