|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her professor.
(c) Walter Lowenfels.
(d) Her daughter.
2. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(a) The doctor.
3. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
(d) Air show.
4. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
(a) They try to drown him.
(b) They are trying to electrocute him.
(c) They converse with him.
(d) They write him a book.
5. What does Bukowski wonder about himself in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Whether he is a good husband.
(b) Whether he is loveable.
(c) Whether he is a pest.
(d) Whether he is intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gordon marry Carol?
2. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
3. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
4. What emotion does Bukowski feel within himself in A Rain of Women?
5. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
3. What is Bukowski's idea of justness in his society?
4. What does Tina represent in One for Walter Lowenfels?
5. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
6. What is ironic about Bukowski's observations in A Bad Trip?
7. What does Carol do for Gordon to help him in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
8. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
9. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
10. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)