|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) Outside to smoke.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The bathroom.
2. Where had Bukowski planned on going after the mechanic?
(a) A bar.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) The horse track.
3. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A doctor.
4. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
(a) His speech.
(b) Picking up girls.
(c) A test.
(d) His marriage.
5. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(d) Heightened social commentary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
2. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
3. How does Bukowski discover what he does in A Bad Trip?
4. In Purple as an Iris, who discovers Bukowski and the woman?
5. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else does Bukowski realize about himself when he sees Luke in I Shot a Man in Reno?
2. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
3. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
4. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
5. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
6. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
7. Who is causing all the noise with the car horn in Night Streets of Madness, and why?
8. Why does Bukowski usually avoid talking about literature, and what reminds him of of this in Beer and Poets and Talk?
9. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
10. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)