|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some company.
(d) To use a phone.
2. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(c) The doctor.
3. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(b) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(c) Bukowski returns to his friends.
(d) Bukowski goes to sleep.
4. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
5. Where had Bukowski planned on going after the mechanic?
(a) A bar.
(b) Grocery store.
(d) The horse track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
3. What do the guests at the party like to talk about in Night Streets of Madness?
4. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
5. What does Bukowski say about acid and the item in conjunction with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
2. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
3. How do the boys disrespect the memories of the hepcats in The Big Pot Game?
4. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
5. What does Bukowski hallucinate, and what is it associated with in The Blanket?
6. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
7. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
8. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
9. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
10. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)