|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some food.
(b) To use a phone.
(c) Some company.
(d) A glass of water.
2. In Purple as an Iris, what does Bukowski sell?
3. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Puts it in a box of rags.
(b) Breaks it.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Disconnects it.
4. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five months.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
5. In Purple as an Iris, who discovers Bukowski and the woman?
(a) His wife.
(c) Other patients.
(d) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Blanket, how has Bukowski been sleeping?
2. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
3. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
4. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
5. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
2. Why is the idea that every man can be a pest scary in Notes on the Pest?
3. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
4. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
5. What does Tina represent in One for Walter Lowenfels?
6. What does the first woman in A Rain of Women remind Bukowski of?
7. Who is causing all the noise with the car horn in Night Streets of Madness, and why?
8. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
9. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
10. What does Carol do for Gordon to help him in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)