|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski think the young men in The Big Pot Game do with the language they copy?
(a) He has no opinion.
(b) They rise above the original.
(c) They copy them well.
(d) They cheapen the words.
2. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) A library.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) A bookstore.
3. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
(a) A French man.
(b) A Spanish man.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) A German man.
4. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
(a) The truth about everything.
(b) The charade of the world.
(c) His purpose.
(d) The meaning of love.
5. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Purple as an Iris, who discovers Bukowski and the woman?
2. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
3. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
4. How does Bukowski feel about the situation in poetry in Eyes Like the Sky?
5. Of what kind of group have the boys in The Big Pot Game copied their language from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
2. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
3. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
4. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
5. What does Bukowski hallucinate, and what is it associated with in The Blanket?
6. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
7. How do the boys disrespect the memories of the hepcats in The Big Pot Game?
8. What does Bukowski think of sex in Purple as an Iris?
9. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
10. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)