|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
2. What does Bukowski say to the young poet about the incident between the boy and the old man in In Night Streets of Madness?
(a) The poet should have stopped it.
(b) It was just.
(c) It was wrong.
(d) It is his fault.
3. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To fix a dent.
(b) To change the battery.
(c) To get the tires rotated.
(d) To get an oil change.
4. What do the two young men reply to Bukowski when he asks for a cigarette in The Big Pot Game?
(a) They are going to Malibu.
(b) They will only sell it to him.
(c) They do not want to give him any.
(d) They have run out.
5. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
(a) For her meanness.
(b) For her intelligence.
(c) For her ugliness.
(d) For her stupidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
2. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
3. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
4. In The Big Pot Game, what do the young men have, according to Bukowski?
5. How does the mechanic in A Rain of Women approach Bukowski?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
3. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
4. Why does Bukowski cry after burning the blanket in The Blanket?
5. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
6. What is ironic about Bukowski's observations in A Bad Trip?
7. What happens at the end of the Flower Horse?
8. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
9. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
10. Why is the idea that every man can be a pest scary in Notes on the Pest?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)