|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two young men reply to Bukowski when he asks for a cigarette in The Big Pot Game?
(a) They do not want to give him any.
(b) They have run out.
(c) They will only sell it to him.
(d) They are going to Malibu.
2. What happens to Carol's animals one day?
(a) They die in a fire.
(b) They are shot to death.
(c) They die naturally.
(d) They run away.
3. Who does the woman sleep with first in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(b) She sleeps with no one.
4. What kind of friends does Bukowski have in Beer and Poets and Talk?
5. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The nature of politics today.
(b) The nature of their friendship today.
(c) The nature of literature today.
(d) The nature of relationships today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
2. What does Bukowski wonder about himself in Notes on a Pest?
3. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
4. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
5. What did Bukowski witness at the event that he attended as a young boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Bukowski's observations in A Bad Trip?
2. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
3. What happens at the end of the Flower Horse?
4. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
5. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
6. Who is causing all the noise with the car horn in Night Streets of Madness, and why?
7. What is Bukowski's idea of justness in his society?
8. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
9. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
10. Why does Bukowski usually avoid talking about literature, and what reminds him of of this in Beer and Poets and Talk?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)