|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(c) Heightened social commentary.
2. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some food.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) Some company.
(d) To use a phone.
3. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
4. How does the mechanic in A Rain of Women approach Bukowski?
(a) Uncooperatively and lazily.
(c) With the average amount of work.
(d) In a hostile manner.
5. What do the guests at the party like to talk about in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) Life experiences.
(c) Their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Bukowski describe in Purple as an Iris?
2. What kind of friends does Bukowski have in Beer and Poets and Talk?
3. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
4. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
5. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
2. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
3. What does Tina represent in One for Walter Lowenfels?
4. What does Bukowski think of sex in Purple as an Iris?
5. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
6. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
7. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
8. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
9. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
10. Why is the idea that every man can be a pest scary in Notes on the Pest?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)