|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Bukowski planned on going after the mechanic?
(a) The horse track.
(b) Grocery store.
(d) A bar.
2. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To change the battery.
(b) To get the tires rotated.
(c) To fix a dent.
(d) To get an oil change.
3. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
(a) He pleads for his life.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is sadly resigned.
4. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
(a) A French man.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A German man.
(d) A Spanish man.
5. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(a) Heightened social commentary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
2. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
3. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
4. In The Big Pot Game, what do the young men have, according to Bukowski?
5. What does Bukowski hear through the wall in Beer and Poets and Talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
2. What else does Bukowski realize about himself when he sees Luke in I Shot a Man in Reno?
3. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
4. What is Bukowski's idea of justness in his society?
5. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
6. What does Bukowski hallucinate, and what is it associated with in The Blanket?
7. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
8. What happens at the end of the Flower Horse?
9. Why does Bukowski usually avoid talking about literature, and what reminds him of of this in Beer and Poets and Talk?
10. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)