|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To fix a dent.
(b) To get the tires rotated.
(c) To change the battery.
(d) To get an oil change.
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Puts it in a box of rags.
(b) Breaks it.
(c) Disconnects it.
(d) Throws it out the window.
3. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The nature of literature today.
(b) The nature of politics today.
(c) The nature of their friendship today.
(d) The nature of relationships today.
4. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(d) World of poetry.
5. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
(a) A priest.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An English teacher.
(d) A rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
2. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
3. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
4. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
5. According to Bukowski, in Notes on the Pest, what does a pest do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski hallucinate, and what is it associated with in The Blanket?
2. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
3. What does Tina represent in One for Walter Lowenfels?
4. What happens at the end of the Flower Horse?
5. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
6. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
7. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
8. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
9. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
10. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)