|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
(a) Picking up girls.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His speech.
(d) A test.
2. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
3. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some company.
(b) To use a phone.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) Some food.
4. In The Big Pot Game, what do the young men have, according to Bukowski?
(d) Dissatifactory circumstances.
5. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
(a) The hospital.
(c) A madhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bukowski discover what he does in A Bad Trip?
2. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
3. How does Bukowski die in A Popular Man?
4. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
5. What happens when the men and women's wards mix in Purple as an Iris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
2. Why does Bukowski not go to the race track as planned in A Rain of Women?
3. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
4. How do the boys disrespect the memories of the hepcats in The Big Pot Game?
5. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
6. What is ironic about Bukowski's observations in A Bad Trip?
7. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
8. Who is causing all the noise with the car horn in Night Streets of Madness, and why?
9. What does the first woman in A Rain of Women remind Bukowski of?
10. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)