|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
(d) Air show.
2. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
(a) His father.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) His wife.
(d) Henry Chinasky.
3. How does Bukowski feel about the situation in poetry in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) It will never change.
(b) It will get worse.
(c) It can change.
(d) It is already better.
4. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
(a) Shoots it.
(b) Tears it apart.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Folds it.
5. Who does the woman sleep with first in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(d) She sleeps with no one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
2. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
3. How does the mechanic in A Rain of Women approach Bukowski?
4. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
5. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of sex in Purple as an Iris?
2. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
3. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
4. Why does Bukowski usually avoid talking about literature, and what reminds him of of this in Beer and Poets and Talk?
5. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
6. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
7. Why does Bukowski cry after burning the blanket in The Blanket?
8. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
9. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
10. What else does Bukowski realize about himself when he sees Luke in I Shot a Man in Reno?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)