|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) The best of them are emerging.
(b) Many of the greats have died.
(c) Many of the greats still live.
(d) Great poets are gone forever.
2. What emotions does Bukowski think a good poet should inspire, as described in Eyes Like the Sky?
(d) Fear and awe.
3. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(b) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(c) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(d) Bukowski returns to his friends.
4. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To change the battery.
(b) To fix a dent.
(c) To get an oil change.
(d) To get the tires rotated.
5. How much money does Bukowski win in Flower Horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
2. How does Bukowski die in A Popular Man?
3. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
4. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
5. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
2. What does Bukowski think of sex in Purple as an Iris?
3. What does Carol do for Gordon to help him in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
4. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. Why is the idea that every man can be a pest scary in Notes on the Pest?
6. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
7. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
8. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
9. What does Tina represent in One for Walter Lowenfels?
10. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)