|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does Bukowski describe in Purple as an Iris?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A college campus.
(c) His hometown.
(d) An insane asylum.
2. What emotion does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with joy in Flower Horse?
3. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To get the tires rotated.
(b) To get an oil change.
(c) To change the battery.
(d) To fix a dent.
4. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Outside to smoke.
(d) The grocery store.
5. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski returns to his friends.
(b) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(c) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(d) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Bukowski win in Flower Horse?
2. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
3. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
4. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
5. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
2. What does Carol do for Gordon to help him in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
3. What does Tina represent in One for Walter Lowenfels?
4. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
5. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
6. What else does Bukowski realize about himself when he sees Luke in I Shot a Man in Reno?
7. Why is the idea that every man can be a pest scary in Notes on the Pest?
8. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
9. How do the boys disrespect the memories of the hepcats in The Big Pot Game?
10. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)