|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bukowski discover what he does in A Bad Trip?
(a) After months of thinking.
(b) After a conversation.
(c) After a moment's reflection.
(d) On an acid trip.
2. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) I shot a man in Reno.
(b) Folsom Prison.
(d) A change gonna come.
3. What do the two young men reply to Bukowski when he asks for a cigarette in The Big Pot Game?
(a) They have run out.
(b) They do not want to give him any.
(c) They are going to Malibu.
(d) They will only sell it to him.
4. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
(a) A pest.
5. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
(a) His employer.
(c) The horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bukowski's current delusion in The Blanket?
2. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
3. What does Bukowski say to the young poet about the incident between the boy and the old man in In Night Streets of Madness?
4. What does Bukowski think the young men in The Big Pot Game do with the language they copy?
5. In Purple as an Iris, what does Bukowski sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bukowski's idea of justness in his society?
2. What does Bukowski think of sex in Purple as an Iris?
3. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
4. Describe the woman in One for Walter Lowenfels.
5. What does the first woman in A Rain of Women remind Bukowski of?
6. What happens when Bukowski is discovered with Mary in Purple as an Iris?
7. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
8. What else does Bukowski realize about himself when he sees Luke in I Shot a Man in Reno?
9. Why does Bukowski usually avoid talking about literature, and what reminds him of of this in Beer and Poets and Talk?
10. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)