|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
2. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are interesting, but not funny.
(b) They are funnier than ever.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They are not funny at all.
3. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The barn.
(b) His home.
(c) The post office.
(d) The grocery store.
4. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To get the tires rotated.
(b) To change the battery.
(c) To fix a dent.
(d) To get an oil change.
5. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
(a) On the ground.
(b) Under his cup.
(c) On the table.
(d) In his wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
2. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
3. What kind of music does Bukowski think about in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
4. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
5. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the murder of Carol's zoo in Animal Crackers in My Soup represent?
2. What does Carol do for Gordon to help him in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
3. What does Bukowski think of sex in Purple as an Iris?
4. What is different about Beer and Poets and Talk than the other short stories in Tales of Ordinary Madness?
5. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
6. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
7. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
8. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
9. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
10. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)