|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
(a) A French man.
(b) A German man.
(c) A Spanish man.
(d) An Englishman.
2. What does Bukowski hear through the wall in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) A couple laughing.
(b) Children fighting.
(c) Children laughing.
(d) A couple fighting.
3. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
4. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(b) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(c) Bukowski returns to his friends.
(d) Bukowski goes to sleep.
5. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) A library.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
2. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
3. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
4. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
5. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bukowski's idea of justness in his society?
2. What is ironic about Bukowski's observations in A Bad Trip?
3. How does Bukowski feel next to Jim in I Shot a Man in Reno?
4. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
5. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
6. What does a pest do, according to Bukowski in Notes on the Pest?
7. What does Bukowski think of current poets and comic strips in Eyes Like the Sky?
8. Why is the idea that every man can be a pest scary in Notes on the Pest?
9. What happens at the end of the Flower Horse?
10. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)