|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
(a) Refuses it.
(b) Throws it outside the window.
(c) Eats it all enthusiastically.
(d) Pretends he likes it.
2. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
(a) He takes a cab.
(b) He takes a bus.
(c) He walks from the cottage.
(d) He gets a ride from a friend.
3. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get her a job at the workshop.
(b) To get Benny a job at the post office.
(c) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(d) To get her a job at the post office.
4. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
5. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
2. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
3. Who does Bukowski drink heavily with prior to the Great Zen Wedding ceremony?
4. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
5. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
2. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
3. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
4. What distinct human traits are revealed in Rape! Rape!?
5. Describe Mr. Sneed in A Dollar and 20 Cents.
6. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
7. How does the boyfriend choose to interpret his girlfriend's insult in Too Sensitive?
8. Describe Charles Bukowski's character in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1.
9. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
10. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)