|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bukowski spend most of his time in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Giving speeches.
(b) Drinking beer and talking to waitresses.
(c) Talking about poetry or writing.
2. What does Frank describe to his mother?
(a) His own sins.
(b) The evil sin of the town.
(c) The goodness of the town.
(d) The clerk's sins.
3. Where does Bukowski go after he leaves jail in No Stockings?
(a) Barney's house.
(b) Dan's house.
(c) Vera's apartment.
(d) His own home.
4. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
5. What does Dan try to do one night while drunk?
(a) Pull down a statue of the President.
(b) Pull down a statue of Jesus.
(c) Break a statue of the President.
(d) Clean a statue of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dan go for his new job?
2. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
3. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
4. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
5. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
2. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
3. In My Stay in the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski reply to the editor who is shocked at his walking in the stifling heat rather than wait for the bus?
4. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
5. Why does Signo fire Skorski in The Stupid Christs?
6. How do pain and violence play a role in Nut Ward East of Hollywood?
7. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
8. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
9. What is the fan's fault in thinking, according to Bukowski in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
10. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)