|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) The track.
2. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
(b) Everyday life experiences.
(c) His weaknesses.
(d) His strengths.
3. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
4. Where does the foreman in Love it or Leave it distribute cans of food?
(b) New Mexico.
5. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
(a) To leave.
(b) To give him money.
(c) To call the police.
(d) To make dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
2. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
3. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
4. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
5. What kind of writer is Henry Chinasky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do pain and violence play a role in Nut Ward East of Hollywood?
2. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
3. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
4. How does the boyfriend choose to interpret his girlfriend's insult in Too Sensitive?
5. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
6. What is the fan's fault in thinking, according to Bukowski in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
7. What does Bukowski think of revolution in contrast to Maxie in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
8. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
9. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
10. How does the girlfriend insult her boyfriend in Too Sensitive?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)