|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, what does his friend believe the United States needs?
(d) A revolution.
2. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
(a) Los Angeles.
3. Where does Jack Hendley arrive in Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home?
(b) The casino.
(c) The horse track.
4. Where does Dan go for his new job?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
(a) A young man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
2. How does Bukowski spend most of his time in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
3. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
4. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
5. In Love it or Leave It, what does Bukowski find to sleep in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do pain and violence play a role in Nut Ward East of Hollywood?
2. What kind of relationships does Bukowski form in My Stay in the Poet's Cottage?
3. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
4. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
5. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
6. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
7. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
8. What is the fan's fault in thinking, according to Bukowski in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
9. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
10. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)