|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bukowski return home to at the end of My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
(a) A community center.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A house.
(d) A hotel.
3. What kind of job is Dan offered?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Post office.
4. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Unbearably hot.
(b) Average weather.
5. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Fifteen dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
2. What does Mr. Sneed do by the ocean?
3. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
4. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
5. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator of Goodbye Watson think about literature?
2. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
3. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
4. How does the girlfriend insult her boyfriend in Too Sensitive?
5. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
6. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
7. Describe the character of Frank Evans in An Evil Town.
8. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
9. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
10. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)