|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Rubber processing plant.
(b) Post office.
(d) Grocery store.
2. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For dodging the draft.
(b) For attacking someone.
(c) For murdering someone.
(d) For robbing a store.
3. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
4. In The Great Zen Wedding, what is Bukowski wearing?
(b) A t-shirt.
(c) A panama hat.
(d) A necktie.
5. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
(a) The narrator.
(d) Joe Statz.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
2. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
3. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
4. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
5. What does Bukowski buy with his food coupons in Love it or Leave it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
2. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
3. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
4. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
5. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
6. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
7. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
8. How does the girlfriend insult her boyfriend in Too Sensitive?
9. Describe Charles Bukowski's character in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1.
10. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)