|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
(a) To leave.
(b) To call the police.
(c) To make dinner.
(d) To give him money.
2. What does Duke do at night?
(a) Goes to work at the grocery store.
(b) Robs a liquor store.
(c) Leaves his family forever.
(d) Reads Lala a bedtime story.
3. What does Frank describe to his mother?
(a) His own sins.
(b) The evil sin of the town.
(c) The goodness of the town.
(d) The clerk's sins.
4. What does Frank do when he is back in his room?
(a) Reads a book.
(c) Writes a letter.
(d) Makes a phone call.
5. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
2. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
3. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, what does his friend believe the United States needs?
4. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
5. Where does Jack Hendley arrive in Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, how does Bukowski feel about his fans, and why?
2. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
3. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
4. How does the boyfriend choose to interpret his girlfriend's insult in Too Sensitive?
5. Describe the character of Frank Evans in An Evil Town.
6. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
7. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
8. Describe Charles Bukowski's character in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1.
9. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
10. How does the girlfriend insult her boyfriend in Too Sensitive?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)