|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(b) The track.
(c) Grocery store.
2. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get her a job at the post office.
(b) To get Benny a job at the post office.
(c) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(d) To get her a job at the workshop.
3. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
(b) Homemade soup.
(c) Homemade casserole.
4. Who tears an item of Mad Jimmy's?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Izzy Steiner.
5. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By threatening him.
(b) By yelling at him.
(c) By promising to visit him.
(d) By calling security.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of writer is Henry Chinasky?
2. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
3. What does Dan say about Bukowski's writing in No Stockings?
4. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
5. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
2. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, how does Bukowski feel about his fans, and why?
3. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
4. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
5. What is the fan's fault in thinking, according to Bukowski in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
6. Describe Mr. Sneed in A Dollar and 20 Cents.
7. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
8. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
9. How does the girlfriend insult her boyfriend in Too Sensitive?
10. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)