|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do when he is back in his room?
(a) Reads a book.
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Writes a letter.
2. In The Great Zen Wedding, what is Bukowski wearing?
(a) A panama hat.
(c) A necktie.
(d) A t-shirt.
3. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(b) Grocery store.
(d) The track.
4. Who does Bukowski drink heavily with prior to the Great Zen Wedding ceremony?
(b) Zen Master.
5. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
(a) Seventy dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary taking Mad Jimmy to court for?
2. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
3. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
4. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
5. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What distinct human traits are revealed in Rape! Rape!?
2. In My Stay in the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski reply to the editor who is shocked at his walking in the stifling heat rather than wait for the bus?
3. What does Bukowski think of revolution in contrast to Maxie in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
4. What kind of relationships does Bukowski form in My Stay in the Poet's Cottage?
5. What does the narrator of Goodbye Watson think about literature?
6. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
7. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
8. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, how does Bukowski feel about his fans, and why?
9. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
10. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)