|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, what does Bukowski's non-English speaking cell mate do?
(a) Attacks Bukowski.
(b) Gets out of prison before Bukowski.
(c) Steals Bukowski's sheets.
(d) Learns English from Bukowski.
2. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
(a) A house guest.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) The other gamblers.
3. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
(a) A woman waits for him.
(b) He has to leave his room.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He has news for him.
4. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A house.
(d) A community center.
5. Who does Bukowski drink heavily with prior to the Great Zen Wedding ceremony?
(a) Zen Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
2. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
3. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
4. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
5. Why does Duke's wife scold him in A .45 to Pay the Rent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
2. How does Mr. Sneed view death in A Dollar and 20 Cents?
3. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
4. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
5. What does the narrator of Goodbye Watson think about literature?
6. Why does Signo fire Skorski in The Stupid Christs?
7. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
8. What distinct human traits are revealed in Rape! Rape!?
9. What does Bukowski think of revolution in contrast to Maxie in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
10. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)