|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
(a) To give him money.
(b) To leave.
(c) To make dinner.
(d) To call the police.
2. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
(b) The narrator.
(d) Joe Statz.
3. Where does Jack Hendley arrive in Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home?
(b) The horse track.
(d) The casino.
4. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A rector.
5. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Unbearably hot.
(c) Average weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bukowski drink heavily with prior to the Great Zen Wedding ceremony?
2. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
3. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
4. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
5. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
2. Describe the character of Frank Evans in An Evil Town.
3. Why does Signo fire Skorski in The Stupid Christs?
4. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
5. Describe Charles Bukowski's character in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1.
6. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
7. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
8. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
9. How does Mr. Sneed view death in A Dollar and 20 Cents?
10. Describe the character of Henry Chinasky in Would You Suggest Writing as a Career?.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)