|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
(a) A rector.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A rabbi.
2. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
(a) Excessive sensitivity.
(b) Excessive aggression.
(c) Poor physical shape.
(d) Mental illness.
3. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
(a) Joe Statz.
(d) The narrator.
4. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was horrible.
(b) It was enjoyable.
(c) It was depressing.
(d) It was useless.
5. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
(a) He has been promoted.
(b) He has been laid off.
(c) He quit.
(d) He has been hired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
2. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
3. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
4. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
5. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of revolution in contrast to Maxie in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
2. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
3. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
4. Describe Mr. Sneed in A Dollar and 20 Cents.
5. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
6. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
7. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
8. What distinct human traits are revealed in Rape! Rape!?
9. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, how does Bukowski feel about his fans, and why?
10. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)