Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Joe Statz.
2. What profession does Benny have?
(a) Postal worker.
(d) Factory worker.
3. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
(a) Post office.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) College campus.
4. What saves Blaine from being raped?
(a) His emotions.
(b) The guards.
(c) His physical unattractiveness.
(d) His strength.
5. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
(a) A community center.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
2. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
3. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
4. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
5. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bukowski welcome death in A Popular Man?
2. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
3. What kind of relationships does Bukowski form in My Stay in the Poet's Cottage?
4. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
5. What is the fan's fault in thinking, according to Bukowski in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
6. Describe the character of Frank Evans in An Evil Town.
7. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
8. Who is causing all the noise with the car horn in Night Streets of Madness, and why?
9. Describe Mr. Sneed in A Dollar and 20 Cents.
10. Why does Bukowski think that current poets and comic strips create their art the way they do?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)