|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Duke's wife scold him in A .45 to Pay the Rent?
(a) Because he spent too much money.
(b) Because he left Lala in the car.
(c) Because he let Lala pick the groceries.
(d) Because he cheated on her.
2. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For attacking someone.
(b) For murdering someone.
(c) For dodging the draft.
(d) For robbing a store.
3. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A rector.
(d) A teacher.
4. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
5. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
2. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
3. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
4. What saves Blaine from being raped?
5. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
2. How does Mr. Sneed view death in A Dollar and 20 Cents?
3. What is the fan's fault in thinking, according to Bukowski in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
4. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
5. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
6. In My Stay in the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski reply to the editor who is shocked at his walking in the stifling heat rather than wait for the bus?
7. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
8. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
9. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
10. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)