|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
(a) College campus.
(c) Post office.
(d) Grocery store.
2. In Goodbye Watson, where does the narrator go after he wakes up?
(b) The boxing club.
(c) The track.
(d) The campus.
3. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
(a) A cookie.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A hug.
(d) A toy.
4. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(d) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
5. What does Mr. Sneed believe there is no shame in?
(a) Living simply.
(b) Living extravagantly.
(d) Working at the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
2. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
3. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
4. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
5. What profession does Benny have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charles Bukowski's character in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1.
2. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
3. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
4. Describe Mr. Sneed in A Dollar and 20 Cents.
5. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
6. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
7. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
8. What kind of relationships does Bukowski form in My Stay in the Poet's Cottage?
9. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
10. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)