|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Love it or Leave It, what does Bukowski find to sleep in?
(a) An empty house.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) An empty train car.
(d) A Cadillac.
2. What gift does Bukowksi give the couple for their wedding?
(a) A miniature house.
(b) A toaster.
(c) A painting.
(d) A miniature coffin.
3. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
(b) College campus.
(c) Post office.
(d) Grocery store.
4. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(b) Post office.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Rubber processing plant.
5. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
(a) A young man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
2. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
3. In Rape! Rape!, who does Bukowski see upon getting out of the bathroom?
4. What kind of job is Dan offered?
5. In Goodbye Watson, where does the narrator go after he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
2. In My Stay in the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski reply to the editor who is shocked at his walking in the stifling heat rather than wait for the bus?
3. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
4. How does Bukowski's obsession with death and sex show up in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
5. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
6. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
7. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, how does Bukowski feel about his fans, and why?
8. Why does Bukowski cry after burning the blanket in The Blanket?
9. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
10. Describe the character of Henry Chinasky in Would You Suggest Writing as a Career?.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)