|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
(d) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
2. Where does Dan spend much of his time while at work?
(a) In Signo's house.
(b) At Griffo's.
(c) In his own office.
(d) At the post office.
3. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, what does his friend believe the United States needs?
(a) A revolution.
4. What does Dan try to do one night while drunk?
(a) Break a statue of the President.
(b) Pull down a statue of Jesus.
(c) Clean a statue of Jesus.
(d) Pull down a statue of the President.
5. What does the desk clerk give Frank?
(a) A dinner menu.
(b) A letter.
(c) His lost wallet.
(d) A piece of cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
2. In Goodbye Watson, where does the narrator go after he wakes up?
3. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
4. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
5. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of revolution in contrast to Maxie in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
2. Describe the character of Henry Chinasky in Would You Suggest Writing as a Career?.
3. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
4. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
5. What distinct human traits are revealed in Rape! Rape!?
6. How does the boyfriend choose to interpret his girlfriend's insult in Too Sensitive?
7. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
8. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
9. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
10. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)