|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rape! Rape!, who does Bukowski see upon getting out of the bathroom?
(a) The little boy.
(c) The fat woman.
2. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
3. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
(c) Los Angeles.
4. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
5. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
(a) Asks him many questions.
(b) Steals products.
(c) Makes a scene.
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
2. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
3. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
4. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
5. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
2. What is the fan's fault in thinking, according to Bukowski in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
3. Why does Signo fire Skorski in The Stupid Christs?
4. Describe the character of Henry Chinasky in Would You Suggest Writing as a Career?.
5. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
6. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
7. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
8. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
9. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
10. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)