|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
(b) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
(d) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
2. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was horrible.
(b) It was useless.
(c) It was enjoyable.
(d) It was depressing.
3. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, what does Bukowski's non-English speaking cell mate do?
(a) Gets out of prison before Bukowski.
(b) Steals Bukowski's sheets.
(c) Attacks Bukowski.
(d) Learns English from Bukowski.
4. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
5. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Post office.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her apartment building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
2. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
3. Where does Jack Hendley arrive in Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home?
4. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
5. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
2. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
3. How do the older men contrast with the younger ones in The Big Pot Game?
4. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
5. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
6. Who is causing all the noise with the car horn in Night Streets of Madness, and why?
7. In Flower Horse, what do the track and gambling represent?
8. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
9. What does Bukowski think of revolution in contrast to Maxie in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
10. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)