|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
2. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
(a) A rector.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A priest.
3. What does Dan say about Bukowski's writing in No Stockings?
(a) He avoids the subject.
(b) He criticizes it.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He praises it.
4. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By threatening him.
(b) By yelling at him.
(c) By promising to visit him.
(d) By calling security.
5. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(a) Poker nights.
(b) Boxing club.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rape! Rape!, who does Bukowski see upon getting out of the bathroom?
2. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
3. According to the narrator in Too Sensitive, what does a man's clean kitchen mean?
4. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
5. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What distinct human traits are revealed in Rape! Rape!?
2. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
3. What does the narrator of Goodbye Watson think about literature?
4. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
5. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
6. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
7. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
8. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
9. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
10. How do pain and violence play a role in Nut Ward East of Hollywood?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)