|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
2. How many people tease Mr. Sneed?
3. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(d) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
4. What is Mary taking Mad Jimmy to court for?
(c) Assault and battery.
5. What kind of job is Dan offered?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
2. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
3. What does Duke do at night?
4. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
5. Where does the foreman in Love it or Leave it distribute cans of food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
2. Describe Charles Bukowski's character in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1.
3. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
4. Describe Mr. Sneed in A Dollar and 20 Cents.
5. What does the narrator of Goodbye Watson think about literature?
6. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
7. What distinct human traits are revealed in Rape! Rape!?
8. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
9. How does Mr. Sneed view death in A Dollar and 20 Cents?
10. What does the narrator say he will require of his creative writing students in Goodbye Watson?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)