|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bukowski go after he leaves jail in No Stockings?
(a) Vera's apartment.
(b) Barney's house.
(c) Dan's house.
(d) His own home.
2. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, what does his friend believe the United States needs?
(a) A revolution.
3. How many people tease Mr. Sneed?
4. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
(a) His socks.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His tie.
(d) His pants.
5. Why does the girlfriend scoff at the narrator's offer in Too Sensitive?
(a) She thinks Benny is too sensitive.
(b) She thinks Benny is too arrogant for the job.
(c) She thinks Benny is not skilled enough.
(d) She thinks Benny is too good for that job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
2. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
3. Where does Bukowski return home to at the end of My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
4. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
5. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
2. How does Bukowksi obey social conventions when attending the wedding in The Great Zen Wedding?
3. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
4. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
5. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
6. How is the foreman in Love it or Leave it cruel?
7. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
8. In My Stay in the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski reply to the editor who is shocked at his walking in the stifling heat rather than wait for the bus?
9. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
10. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, how does Bukowski feel about his fans, and why?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)