|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, what does his friend believe the United States needs?
(b) A revolution.
2. In Rape! Rape!, who does Bukowski see upon getting out of the bathroom?
(b) The fat woman.
(c) The little boy.
3. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A community center.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A house.
4. What does Mr. Sneed believe there is no shame in?
(a) Living extravagantly.
(b) Working at the post office.
(d) Living simply.
5. Where does Dan go for his new job?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
2. Why does the girlfriend scoff at the narrator's offer in Too Sensitive?
3. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
4. Who does Chinasky avoid at a party?
5. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bukowski realize in the jail cell in No Stockings?
2. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
3. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
4. How do pain and violence play a role in Nut Ward East of Hollywood?
5. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
6. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
7. How does the boyfriend choose to interpret his girlfriend's insult in Too Sensitive?
8. Describe the character of Henry Chinasky in Would You Suggest Writing as a Career?.
9. What does Bukowski think of revolution in contrast to Maxie in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
10. Why does Signo fire Skorski in The Stupid Christs?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)