|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His tie.
(c) His pants.
(d) His socks.
2. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was enjoyable.
(b) It was useless.
(c) It was horrible.
(d) It was depressing.
3. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Post office.
(d) College campus.
4. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
(c) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
(d) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
5. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
(a) To give him money.
(b) To leave.
(c) To call the police.
(d) To make dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
2. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
3. Where does Dan go for his new job?
4. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
5. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the young boy represent in Love it or Leave it?
2. Describe the character of Frank Evans in An Evil Town.
3. In My Stay in the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski reply to the editor who is shocked at his walking in the stifling heat rather than wait for the bus?
4. What do Bukowski and Maxie leave the conversation with in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
5. What does the narrator of Goodbye Watson think about literature?
6. How does Mr. Sneed view death in A Dollar and 20 Cents?
7. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
8. In Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home, describe the highs and lows of Jack Hendley's horse races.
9. How does the girlfriend insult her boyfriend in Too Sensitive?
10. What does Bukowski say to Vera when she asks him if she is too fat in No Stockings?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)