|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Bukowksi give the couple for their wedding?
(a) A miniature coffin.
(b) A toaster.
(c) A miniature house.
(d) A painting.
2. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
(a) He said nothing.
(b) It will depend on how it is carried out.
(c) It will be good for the US.
(d) It will purge both the good and bad from the US.
3. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Post office.
(d) To work.
4. What does Mr. Sneed do by the ocean?
(a) Sits on a bench.
(b) Swims in the ocean.
(c) Eats his lunch.
(d) Socializes with friends.
5. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
(a) A toy.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
2. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
3. How many people tease Mr. Sneed?
4. Why does Duke's wife scold him in A .45 to Pay the Rent?
5. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bukowski's primal desire in Rape! Rape!, and how does he reveal it?
2. How does the girlfriend insult her boyfriend in Too Sensitive?
3. Describe Duke's relationship with Lala in A .45 to Pay the Rent.
4. What does Bukowski think of people's taste in music?
5. What does Bukowski think of citizens today in A Bad Trip?
6. Describe the character of Signo in The Stupid Christs.
7. What do Bukowski's visitors take away from him in A Popular Man?
8. Describe the moral code of prison in Scenes from the Big Time.
9. Describe the town in An Evil Town.
10. What is Harry driven by in Reunion?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)