|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The nature of literature today.
(b) The nature of relationships today.
(c) The nature of their friendship today.
(d) The nature of politics today.
2. How does Bukowski discover what he does in A Bad Trip?
(a) After a moment's reflection.
(b) After months of thinking.
(c) On an acid trip.
(d) After a conversation.
3. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Puts it in a box of rags.
(b) Breaks it.
(c) Disconnects it.
(d) Throws it out the window.
4. What place does Bukowski describe in Purple as an Iris?
(a) His hometown.
(b) An insane asylum.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A college campus.
5. What does Bukowski keep betting on in Flower Horse?
(a) Horses who become injured.
(b) Horses who are in last place.
(c) Horses who win.
(d) Horses who are short of winning.
6. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(b) World of poetry.
7. What does Bukowski think the young men in The Big Pot Game do with the language they copy?
(a) They rise above the original.
(b) He has no opinion.
(c) They cheapen the words.
(d) They copy them well.
8. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(d) Heightened social commentary.
9. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
10. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) Outside to smoke.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
11. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
(c) The horses.
(d) His employer.
12. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
13. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(b) A library.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) A bookstore.
14. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) Great poets are gone forever.
(b) Many of the greats still live.
(c) Many of the greats have died.
(d) The best of them are emerging.
15. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
(a) He is sadly resigned.
(b) He cries.
(c) He pleads for his life.
(d) He smiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
2. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
3. What does LSD do to a user's reality, according to Bukowski?
4. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
5. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)