|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) World of poetry.
2. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) Ella Fitzgerald.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Sam Cooke.
3. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Walter Lowenfels.
(d) Her professor.
4. In Purple as an Iris, who discovers Bukowski and the woman?
(a) Other patients.
(b) His wife.
(d) His friends.
5. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
(b) The hospital.
(d) A madhouse.
6. What did Bukowski witness at the event that he attended as a young boy?
(a) A parachute jumper landing in a tree.
(b) A parachute jumper being hit by a plane.
(c) A parachute jumper hitting the ground.
(d) A parachute jumper landing safely.
7. How does Bukowski feel about the situation in poetry in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) It will never change.
(b) It is already better.
(c) It can change.
(d) It will get worse.
8. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Henry Chinasky.
9. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
(a) He cries.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He is sadly resigned.
(d) He pleads for his life.
10. In The Blanket, how has Bukowski been sleeping?
(c) He doesn't sleep at all.
11. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The barn.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) His home.
(d) The post office.
12. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
13. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
14. What does Bukowski say to the young poet about the incident between the boy and the old man in In Night Streets of Madness?
(a) It is his fault.
(b) It was wrong.
(c) The poet should have stopped it.
(d) It was just.
15. What is acid's virtue, according to Bukowski?
(a) Its ability to show truth that is not evident to others.
(b) Its ability to distort truth.
(c) Its ability to put someone to sleep.
(d) It has no virtues.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
2. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
3. What happens to Carol's animals one day?
4. How much money does Bukowski win in Flower Horse?
5. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)