|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
2. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
3. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The nature of politics today.
(b) The nature of literature today.
(c) The nature of relationships today.
(d) The nature of their friendship today.
4. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) A library.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) Grocery store.
5. In The Big Pot Game, what do the young men have, according to Bukowski?
(b) Dissatifactory circumstances.
6. What did Bukowski witness at the event that he attended as a young boy?
(a) A parachute jumper landing safely.
(b) A parachute jumper being hit by a plane.
(c) A parachute jumper landing in a tree.
(d) A parachute jumper hitting the ground.
7. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
(b) Every morning.
(c) Every night.
8. What place does Bukowski describe in Purple as an Iris?
(a) A hospital.
(b) His hometown.
(c) A college campus.
(d) An insane asylum.
9. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
10. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) Outside to smoke.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
11. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(b) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(c) Bukowski returns to his friends.
(d) Bukowski goes to sleep.
12. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
13. According to Bukowski, in Notes on the Pest, what does a pest do?
(a) Bothers his wife.
(b) Takes his money.
(c) Postulates useless theories.
(d) Breaks his things.
14. What emotions does Bukowski think a good poet should inspire, as described in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) Fear and awe.
15. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
(a) Her professor.
(b) Walter Lowenfels.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
3. What does Bukowski think comic strips used to be?
4. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
5. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)