|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with joy in Flower Horse?
2. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) Outside to smoke.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The grocery store.
3. What emotion does Bukowski feel within himself in A Rain of Women?
4. What do the two young men reply to Bukowski when he asks for a cigarette in The Big Pot Game?
(a) They will only sell it to him.
(b) They are going to Malibu.
(c) They have run out.
(d) They do not want to give him any.
5. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Five months.
6. In Notes on the Pest, what does a pest talk to Bukowski about at the diner?
(a) His coffee.
(b) His work.
(c) His personal life.
(d) His doughnut.
7. In The Blanket, how has Bukowski been sleeping?
(a) He doesn't sleep at all.
8. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are funnier than ever.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are not funny at all.
(d) They are interesting, but not funny.
9. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
(a) Air show.
10. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
(a) A knife.
(b) A whistle.
(c) Pepper spray.
(d) A gun.
11. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her professor.
(c) Walter Lowenfels.
(d) Her daughter.
12. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The barn.
(b) The post office.
(c) His home.
(d) The grocery store.
13. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(b) The doctor.
14. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) Conservative ideals.
(d) Moderate ideals.
15. How does the mechanic in A Rain of Women approach Bukowski?
(a) With the average amount of work.
(b) Uncooperatively and lazily.
(d) In a hostile manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
2. Where does Bukowski go after the mechanic?
3. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
4. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
5. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)