|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
(a) A Spanish man.
(b) A French man.
(c) A German man.
(d) An Englishman.
2. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
3. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) Great poets are gone forever.
(b) Many of the greats have died.
(c) The best of them are emerging.
(d) Many of the greats still live.
4. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) Sam Cooke.
(c) Johnny Cash.
(d) Ella Fitzgerald.
5. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are not funny at all.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are funnier than ever.
(d) They are interesting, but not funny.
6. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
(a) They write him a book.
(b) They are trying to electrocute him.
(c) They try to drown him.
(d) They converse with him.
7. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
8. What happens when the men and women's wards mix in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The men assault the women.
(b) They pair off together.
(c) They break out of the place.
(d) They fight.
9. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
10. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
(a) To come home.
(b) What he meant in his letter.
(c) Why the person killed himself.
(d) Why he left him.
11. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
12. In Purple as an Iris, who discovers Bukowski and the woman?
(a) His friends.
(c) Other patients.
(d) His wife.
13. What does Bukowski wonder about himself in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Whether he is a good husband.
(b) Whether he is loveable.
(c) Whether he is a pest.
(d) Whether he is intelligent.
14. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
(b) Color television.
15. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) A change gonna come.
(b) I shot a man in Reno.
(d) Folsom Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
3. In Notes on the Pest, what does a pest talk to Bukowski about at the diner?
4. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
5. What does Bukowski think the young men in The Big Pot Game do with the language they copy?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)