|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
(a) Inside the house.
(b) In the park.
(c) On a porch.
(d) In the car.
2. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
(a) The charade of the world.
(b) The truth about everything.
(c) His purpose.
(d) The meaning of love.
3. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(a) The doctor.
4. What does Bukowski hear through the wall in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) Children fighting.
(b) Children laughing.
(c) A couple fighting.
(d) A couple laughing.
5. What do the two young men reply to Bukowski when he asks for a cigarette in The Big Pot Game?
(a) They will only sell it to him.
(b) They are going to Malibu.
(c) They have run out.
(d) They do not want to give him any.
6. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(b) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(c) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(d) Bukowski returns to his friends.
7. How does the boy respond to the old man in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He leaves him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He politely converses with him.
8. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
(a) For her intelligence.
(b) For her stupidity.
(c) For her ugliness.
(d) For her meanness.
9. In A Popular Man, who does a man tell Bukowski that his wife has been having an affair with?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The President.
(c) A rabbi.
10. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To fix a dent.
(b) To change the battery.
(c) To get the tires rotated.
(d) To get an oil change.
11. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
(d) A snake.
12. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
(a) The hospital.
(c) A madhouse.
13. According to Bukowski, in Notes on the Pest, what does a pest do?
(a) Breaks his things.
(b) Takes his money.
(c) Bothers his wife.
(d) Postulates useless theories.
14. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
15. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
(d) Air show.
Short Answer Questions
1. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
2. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
3. What does Bukowski say to the young poet about the incident between the boy and the old man in In Night Streets of Madness?
4. What does Bukowski think comic strips used to be?
5. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)