|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Purple as an Iris, who discovers Bukowski and the woman?
(b) Other patients.
(c) His friends.
(d) His wife.
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Puts it in a box of rags.
(b) Disconnects it.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Breaks it.
3. How does Bukowski feel about the situation in poetry in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) It is already better.
(b) It will never change.
(c) It will get worse.
(d) It can change.
4. Where does Bukowski go after the mechanic?
(a) A bar.
(b) The horse track.
(d) Grocery store.
5. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
(d) Color television.
6. What does Bukowski wonder about himself in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Whether he is a good husband.
(b) Whether he is a pest.
(c) Whether he is intelligent.
(d) Whether he is loveable.
7. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
(a) His purpose.
(b) The meaning of love.
(c) The charade of the world.
(d) The truth about everything.
8. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The post office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) His home.
(d) The barn.
9. What does Bukowski's final visitor give him?
(a) A novel.
(b) A check.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A coffin.
10. What emotion does Bukowski feel within himself in A Rain of Women?
11. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(d) The doctor.
12. What does Bukowski hear through the wall in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) A couple laughing.
(b) Children laughing.
(c) Children fighting.
(d) A couple fighting.
13. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
14. Who does the woman sleep with first in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(c) She sleeps with no one.
15. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
(a) What he meant in his letter.
(b) Why the person killed himself.
(c) Why he left him.
(d) To come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
3. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
4. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
5. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)