|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) The best of them are emerging.
(b) Many of the greats have died.
(c) Many of the greats still live.
(d) Great poets are gone forever.
3. According to Bukowski, in Notes on the Pest, what does a pest do?
(a) Takes his money.
(b) Breaks his things.
(c) Bothers his wife.
(d) Postulates useless theories.
4. What did Bukowski witness at the event that he attended as a young boy?
(a) A parachute jumper being hit by a plane.
(b) A parachute jumper landing in a tree.
(c) A parachute jumper hitting the ground.
(d) A parachute jumper landing safely.
5. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
(a) A whistle.
(b) Pepper spray.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
6. What kind of music does Bukowski think about in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
7. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
(a) A test.
(b) Picking up girls.
(c) His speech.
(d) His marriage.
8. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(b) Bukowski returns to his friends.
(c) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(d) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
9. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five months.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
10. What do the guests at the party like to talk about in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) Their children.
(c) Life experiences.
11. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A library.
(c) Grocery store.
12. Of what kind of group have the boys in The Big Pot Game copied their language from?
(a) Hippies of the 1970s.
(b) Hepcats of the 1920s.
(c) Hepcats of the 1990s.
(d) Groups of the 1980s.
13. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
14. What does Bukowski wonder about himself in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Whether he is loveable.
(b) Whether he is a pest.
(c) Whether he is a good husband.
(d) Whether he is intelligent.
15. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(b) World of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bukowski die in A Popular Man?
2. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
3. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
4. What emotions does Bukowski think a good poet should inspire, as described in Eyes Like the Sky?
5. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)