|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
(a) The horses.
(c) His employer.
2. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The post office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) His home.
(d) The barn.
3. What do the guests at the party like to talk about in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) Their children.
(d) Life experiences.
4. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) I shot a man in Reno.
(b) Folsom Prison.
(d) A change gonna come.
5. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
(d) A snake.
6. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(d) Heightened social commentary.
7. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
8. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(b) World of poetry.
9. What kind of friends does Bukowski have in Beer and Poets and Talk?
10. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(b) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(c) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(d) Bukowski returns to his friends.
11. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
(d) A pest.
12. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Throws it out the window.
(b) Puts it in a box of rags.
(c) Disconnects it.
(d) Breaks it.
13. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
14. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) Many of the greats still live.
(b) Great poets are gone forever.
(c) Many of the greats have died.
(d) The best of them are emerging.
15. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
(a) Inside the house.
(b) In the car.
(c) In the park.
(d) On a porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
2. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
3. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
4. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
5. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)