|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) His home.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The barn.
(d) The post office.
2. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
3. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) Walter Lowenfels'.
(b) The woman's.
(c) The man's.
4. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
(a) A pest.
5. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) Many of the greats have died.
(b) Many of the greats still live.
(c) The best of them are emerging.
(d) Great poets are gone forever.
6. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) On the table.
(c) Under his cup.
(d) On the ground.
7. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
(a) They are trying to electrocute him.
(b) They write him a book.
(c) They try to drown him.
(d) They converse with him.
8. What is Bukowski's current delusion in The Blanket?
(a) Tiny men try to electrocute him.
(b) A blanket tries to strangle him.
(c) The water tries to drown him.
(d) His neighbor tries to shoot him.
9. What did Bukowski witness at the event that he attended as a young boy?
(a) A parachute jumper landing safely.
(b) A parachute jumper hitting the ground.
(c) A parachute jumper being hit by a plane.
(d) A parachute jumper landing in a tree.
10. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
11. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
(a) His speech.
(b) His marriage.
(c) A test.
(d) Picking up girls.
12. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
(a) On a porch.
(b) Inside the house.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the park.
13. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
(c) A snake.
14. Where does Bukowski go after the mechanic?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) The horse track.
(d) A bar.
15. In Purple as an Iris, what does Bukowski sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
2. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
3. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
4. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
5. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)