|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
(a) His wife.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) His father.
(d) Henry Chinasky.
2. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
3. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(c) Heightened social commentary.
4. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) Conservative ideals.
(d) Moderate ideals.
5. How does the boy respond to the old man in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) He politely converses with him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He leaves him.
(d) He beats him.
6. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
7. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
(c) Color television.
8. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Throws it out the window.
(c) Puts it in a box of rags.
(d) Disconnects it.
9. What kind of friends does Bukowski have in Beer and Poets and Talk?
10. How does Bukowski discover what he does in A Bad Trip?
(a) After months of thinking.
(b) After a moment's reflection.
(c) On an acid trip.
(d) After a conversation.
11. What does LSD do to a user's reality, according to Bukowski?
(a) Alters it.
(b) Enhances it.
(d) Ends it.
12. What does Bukowski say about acid and the item in conjunction with it?
(a) One is replacing the other.
(b) One trumps the other.
(c) They grow in popularity simultaneously.
(d) They don't go well together.
13. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(b) World of poetry.
14. How does Bukowski feel about the situation in poetry in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) It is already better.
(b) It will never change.
(c) It will get worse.
(d) It can change.
15. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The post office.
(b) His home.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Notes on the Pest, what does a pest talk to Bukowski about at the diner?
2. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
3. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
4. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
5. How does the mechanic in A Rain of Women approach Bukowski?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)