|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
(a) Folds it.
(b) Shoots it.
(c) Tears it apart.
(d) Burns it.
3. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
(a) A German man.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A Spanish man.
(d) A French man.
4. How does the boy respond to the old man in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) He leaves him.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He politely converses with him.
(d) He ignores him.
5. In The Big Pot Game, what do the young men have, according to Bukowski?
(d) Dissatifactory circumstances.
6. What emotion does Bukowski feel within himself in A Rain of Women?
7. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
(a) Pepper spray.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
8. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
(a) His father.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) His wife.
(d) Henry Chinasky.
9. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(c) World of poetry.
10. What did Bukowski witness at the event that he attended as a young boy?
(a) A parachute jumper being hit by a plane.
(b) A parachute jumper hitting the ground.
(c) A parachute jumper landing safely.
(d) A parachute jumper landing in a tree.
11. What kind of friends does Bukowski have in Beer and Poets and Talk?
12. What does Bukowski think comic strips used to be?
13. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
(c) Air show.
14. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
(c) A snake.
15. What happens when the men and women's wards mix in Purple as an Iris?
(a) They break out of the place.
(b) They pair off together.
(c) The men assault the women.
(d) They fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
2. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
3. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
4. What happens to Carol's animals one day?
5. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)