|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) The woman's.
(c) The man's.
(d) Walter Lowenfels'.
2. How does Bukowski die in A Popular Man?
(a) Chokes to death.
(b) Shoots himself.
3. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
(a) In the park.
(b) On a porch.
(c) Inside the house.
(d) In the car.
4. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
(a) His wife.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Henry Chinasky.
(d) His father.
5. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) The best of them are emerging.
(b) Many of the greats have died.
(c) Many of the greats still live.
(d) Great poets are gone forever.
6. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
7. What does Bukowski think comic strips used to be?
8. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
9. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) A library.
(b) A bookstore.
(d) Grocery store.
10. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
(a) To come home.
(b) Why he left him.
(c) Why the person killed himself.
(d) What he meant in his letter.
11. What happens when the men and women's wards mix in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The men assault the women.
(b) They fight.
(c) They break out of the place.
(d) They pair off together.
12. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are not funny at all.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are interesting, but not funny.
(d) They are funnier than ever.
13. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
(a) They converse with him.
(b) They are trying to electrocute him.
(c) They try to drown him.
(d) They write him a book.
14. How much money does Bukowski win in Flower Horse?
15. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(c) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
2. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
3. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
4. What do the guests at the party like to talk about in Night Streets of Madness?
5. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)