|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
(a) To fix a dent.
(b) To change the battery.
(c) To get an oil change.
(d) To get the tires rotated.
2. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
(a) A gun.
(b) A whistle.
(c) Pepper spray.
(d) A knife.
3. What does Bukowski say to the young poet about the incident between the boy and the old man in In Night Streets of Madness?
(a) It is his fault.
(b) The poet should have stopped it.
(c) It was just.
(d) It was wrong.
4. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
(a) He pleads for his life.
(b) He is sadly resigned.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He cries.
5. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
6. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
(a) On the ground.
(b) On the table.
(c) Under his cup.
(d) In his wallet.
7. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
8. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
9. How does Bukowski feel about the situation in poetry in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) It will never change.
(b) It will get worse.
(c) It can change.
(d) It is already better.
10. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
11. What does Bukowski think the young men in The Big Pot Game do with the language they copy?
(a) They cheapen the words.
(b) They copy them well.
(c) They rise above the original.
(d) He has no opinion.
12. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) Walter Lowenfels'.
(b) The man's.
(c) The woman's.
13. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
14. Where had Bukowski planned on going after the mechanic?
(a) The horse track.
(c) A bar.
(d) Grocery store.
15. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(b) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(c) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(d) Bukowski returns to his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
2. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
3. In Purple as an Iris, what does Bukowski sell?
4. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
5. What does Bukowski's final visitor give him?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)