|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are interesting, but not funny.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are not funny at all.
(d) They are funnier than ever.
2. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
(b) A pest.
3. What does Bukowski keep betting on in Flower Horse?
(a) Horses who are short of winning.
(b) Horses who win.
(c) Horses who become injured.
(d) Horses who are in last place.
4. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some company.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) Some food.
(d) To use a phone.
5. Why does Gordon marry Carol?
(a) She is religious.
(b) To inherit her estate in case she dies.
(c) They simply want to be married.
(d) He is religious.
6. What is Bukowski's current delusion in The Blanket?
(a) His neighbor tries to shoot him.
(b) A blanket tries to strangle him.
(c) Tiny men try to electrocute him.
(d) The water tries to drown him.
7. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
8. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The post office.
(b) The barn.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) His home.
9. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(c) Heightened social commentary.
10. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) His wife.
(c) Henry Chinasky.
(d) His father.
11. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) I shot a man in Reno.
(b) Folsom Prison.
(c) A change gonna come.
12. What happens when the men and women's wards mix in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The men assault the women.
(b) They fight.
(c) They break out of the place.
(d) They pair off together.
13. What kind of friends does Bukowski have in Beer and Poets and Talk?
14. How does Bukowski die in A Popular Man?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Chokes to death.
15. What does LSD do to a user's reality, according to Bukowski?
(a) Alters it.
(c) Ends it.
(d) Enhances it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
2. How much money does Bukowski win in Flower Horse?
3. What does Bukowski think the young men in The Big Pot Game do with the language they copy?
4. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
5. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)