|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does Bukowski think about in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(c) World of poetry.
3. How does Bukowski die in A Popular Man?
(a) Chokes to death.
(c) Shoots himself.
4. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some company.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) To use a phone.
(d) Some food.
5. In A Popular Man, who does a man tell Bukowski that his wife has been having an affair with?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) The mayor.
(d) The President.
6. What does LSD do to a user's reality, according to Bukowski?
(b) Alters it.
(c) Enhances it.
(d) Ends it.
7. What emotions does Bukowski think a good poet should inspire, as described in Eyes Like the Sky?
(d) Fear and awe.
8. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
(a) Her professor.
(b) Walter Lowenfels.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her boyfriend.
9. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(d) Heightened social commentary.
10. Where does Bukowski go after the mechanic?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) The horse track.
(c) A bar.
11. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
12. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
(a) Folds it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Shoots it.
(d) Tears it apart.
13. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
(a) The meaning of love.
(b) His purpose.
(c) The truth about everything.
(d) The charade of the world.
14. What does Bukowski say about acid and the item in conjunction with it?
(a) They grow in popularity simultaneously.
(b) One is replacing the other.
(c) One trumps the other.
(d) They don't go well together.
15. When death comes, what does Bukowski do in A Popular Man?
(a) He cries.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He pleads for his life.
(d) He is sadly resigned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
2. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
3. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
4. What emotion does Bukowski feel within himself in A Rain of Women?
5. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)