|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
(c) The horses.
(d) His employer.
2. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Outside to smoke.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The grocery store.
3. What does Bukowski think comic strips have become?
(a) Heightened social commentary.
4. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Five months.
5. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(b) A bookstore.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) A library.
6. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
7. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
8. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
(a) In the park.
(b) In the car.
(c) On a porch.
(d) Inside the house.
9. What does Bukowski say in Notes on a Pest that every man has inside him?
(a) A pest.
10. Where does Bukowski go after the mechanic?
(b) A bar.
(c) The horse track.
(d) Grocery store.
11. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
(a) The truth about everything.
(b) His purpose.
(c) The charade of the world.
(d) The meaning of love.
12. How does the boy respond to the old man in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He leaves him.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He politely converses with him.
13. What does Bukowski hear through the wall in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) A couple laughing.
(b) Children laughing.
(c) Children fighting.
(d) A couple fighting.
14. What is Bukowski's current delusion in The Blanket?
(a) A blanket tries to strangle him.
(b) Tiny men try to electrocute him.
(c) The water tries to drown him.
(d) His neighbor tries to shoot him.
15. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
(a) Under his cup.
(b) On the ground.
(c) In his wallet.
(d) On the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
3. What kind of music does Bukowski think about in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
4. In A Bad Trip, what does Bukowski talk about in conjunction with acid?
5. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)