|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with joy in Flower Horse?
2. What is acid's virtue, according to Bukowski?
(a) Its ability to show truth that is not evident to others.
(b) Its ability to put someone to sleep.
(c) Its ability to distort truth.
(d) It has no virtues.
3. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
(a) Under his cup.
(b) In his wallet.
(c) On the table.
(d) On the ground.
4. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A rabbi.
5. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
(a) A madhouse.
(b) The hospital.
6. What emotion does Bukowski feel within himself in A Rain of Women?
7. In The Blanket, how has Bukowski been sleeping?
(b) He doesn't sleep at all.
8. In A Popular Man, who does a man tell Bukowski that his wife has been having an affair with?
(a) The President.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) The mayor.
9. What does Bukowski wonder about himself in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Whether he is a good husband.
(b) Whether he is a pest.
(c) Whether he is loveable.
(d) Whether he is intelligent.
10. What is the name of the man's daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
11. What does Bukowski say to the young poet about the incident between the boy and the old man in In Night Streets of Madness?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was just.
(c) It is his fault.
(d) The poet should have stopped it.
12. What does Bukowski discover in A Bad Trip?
(a) The meaning of love.
(b) His purpose.
(c) The charade of the world.
(d) The truth about everything.
13. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
14. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
(a) Why the person killed himself.
(b) What he meant in his letter.
(c) Why he left him.
(d) To come home.
15. How much money does Bukowski win in Flower Horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
2. What emotions does Bukowski think a good poet should inspire, as described in Eyes Like the Sky?
3. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
4. What does Bukowski think comic strips used to be?
5. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)