|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
2. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
(a) For her ugliness.
(b) For her meanness.
(c) For her stupidity.
(d) For her intelligence.
3. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
(a) Tears it apart.
(b) Folds it.
(c) Shoots it.
(d) Burns it.
4. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
5. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
(a) A French man.
(b) A Spanish man.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) A German man.
6. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
7. In Purple as an Iris, what does Bukowski sell?
8. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) The nature of relationships today.
(b) The nature of politics today.
(c) The nature of literature today.
(d) The nature of their friendship today.
9. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
10. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
11. Why does Gordon marry Carol?
(a) She is religious.
(b) He is religious.
(c) They simply want to be married.
(d) To inherit her estate in case she dies.
12. Where does Bukowski find the ticket that he thought he lost in Flower Horse?
(a) Under his cup.
(b) On the ground.
(c) On the table.
(d) In his wallet.
13. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
(a) Moderate ideals.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) Conservative ideals.
14. In Notes of a Potential Suicide, what does Bukowski fail at?
(a) His speech.
(b) His marriage.
(c) A test.
(d) Picking up girls.
15. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some food.
(b) To use a phone.
(c) Some company.
(d) A glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman sleep with first in I Shot a Man in Reno?
2. What happens to Carol's animals one day?
3. In A Popular Man, who does a man tell Bukowski that his wife has been having an affair with?
4. What does Bukowski think comic strips used to be?
5. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)