|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Throws it out the window.
(b) Puts it in a box of rags.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Disconnects it.
2. How much money does Bukowski win in Flower Horse?
3. What does Bukowski keep betting on in Flower Horse?
(a) Horses who are short of winning.
(b) Horses who win.
(c) Horses who become injured.
(d) Horses who are in last place.
4. Who does Bukowski hate in Flower Horse?
(b) The horses.
(d) His employer.
5. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
(a) A Spanish man.
(b) A French man.
(c) A German man.
(d) An Englishman.
6. What is the name of the woman that Bukowski has relations with in Purple as an Iris?
7. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(b) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(c) Bukowski returns to his friends.
(d) Bukowski goes to sleep.
8. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are not funny at all.
(b) They are interesting, but not funny.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They are funnier than ever.
9. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
(a) For her ugliness.
(b) For her stupidity.
(c) For her meanness.
(d) For her intelligence.
10. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
11. What happens when the men and women's wards mix in Purple as an Iris?
(a) They pair off together.
(b) They break out of the place.
(c) The men assault the women.
(d) They fight.
12. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
(a) Every night.
(d) Every morning.
13. What are the young men in The Big Pot Game high on?
14. In Purple as an Iris, what does Bukowski sell?
15. Who is Bukowski's final visitor in A Popular Man?
(a) An English teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
2. What place does Bukowski describe in Purple as an Iris?
3. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
4. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
5. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)