|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bukowski sick with in A Popular Man?
2. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
3. What emotions does Bukowski think a good poet should inspire, as described in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) Fear and awe.
4. What delusion does Bukowski have of tiny men in The Blanket?
(a) They converse with him.
(b) They are trying to electrocute him.
(c) They try to drown him.
(d) They write him a book.
5. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
(a) Every morning.
(d) Every night.
6. In A Popular Man, who does a man tell Bukowski that his wife has been having an affair with?
(a) The President.
(b) The mayor.
(d) A rabbi.
7. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
(a) Why he left him.
(b) What he meant in his letter.
(c) To come home.
(d) Why the person killed himself.
8. Where does the woman take her daughter in One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) A library.
(b) Grocery store.
(d) A bookstore.
9. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) The man's.
(b) Walter Lowenfels'.
(d) The woman's.
10. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
(a) Moderate ideals.
(c) Conservative ideals.
(d) She is apathetic.
11. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The post office.
(c) The barn.
(d) His home.
12. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
13. What do the guests at the party like to talk about in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) Life experiences.
(b) Their children.
14. How does the boy respond to the old man in Night Streets of Madness?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He politely converses with him.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He leaves him.
15. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) Folsom Prison.
(b) I shot a man in Reno.
(d) A change gonna come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is acid's virtue, according to Bukowski?
2. What emotion does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with joy in Flower Horse?
3. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
4. In Purple as an Iris, what does Bukowski sell?
5. Who does Bukowski go out with in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)