|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(d) The doctor.
2. Why does Gordon marry Carol?
(a) He is religious.
(b) They simply want to be married.
(c) To inherit her estate in case she dies.
(d) She is religious.
3. Where does Bukowski go after the mechanic?
(a) Grocery store.
(c) A bar.
(d) The horse track.
4. In Notes on the Pest, what does a pest talk to Bukowski about at the diner?
(a) His doughnut.
(b) His work.
(c) His personal life.
(d) His coffee.
5. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
6. In Night Streets of Madness, who does Bukowski think about having a conversation with?
(a) His wife.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Henry Chinasky.
(d) His father.
7. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
8. What does LSD do to a user's reality, according to Bukowski?
(a) Enhances it.
(c) Alters it.
(d) Ends it.
9. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
(a) What he meant in his letter.
(b) Why the person killed himself.
(c) Why he left him.
(d) To come home.
10. What does Bukowski say about acid and the item in conjunction with it?
(a) One trumps the other.
(b) They grow in popularity simultaneously.
(c) One is replacing the other.
(d) They don't go well together.
11. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
12. What singer is Bukowski listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Ella Fitzgerald.
(c) Sam Cooke.
13. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(b) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
(c) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(d) Bukowski returns to his friends.
14. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) Moderate ideals.
(d) Conservative ideals.
15. According to Bukowski, in Notes on the Pest, what does a pest do?
(a) Takes his money.
(b) Breaks his things.
(c) Bothers his wife.
(d) Postulates useless theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Purple as an Iris, who discovers Bukowski and the woman?
2. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
3. Of what kind of group have the boys in The Big Pot Game copied their language from?
4. What emotion does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with joy in Flower Horse?
5. In One for Walter Lowenfels, who likes the woman's poems?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)