|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does Bukowski think about in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
2. What does Bukowski wonder about himself in Notes on a Pest?
(a) Whether he is loveable.
(b) Whether he is intelligent.
(c) Whether he is a pest.
(d) Whether he is a good husband.
3. Where does Bukowski go during the conversation in Beer and Poets and Talk?
(a) Outside to smoke.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What other distortion of truth exists, according to Bukowski in Eyes Like the Sky?
(b) World of poetry.
5. How does Bukowski feel about the situation in poetry in Eyes Like the Sky?
(a) It is already better.
(b) It can change.
(c) It will never change.
(d) It will get worse.
6. What does LSD do to a user's reality, according to Bukowski?
(b) Ends it.
(c) Alters it.
(d) Enhances it.
7. According to Bukowski, in Notes on the Pest, what does a pest do?
(a) Postulates useless theories.
(b) Takes his money.
(c) Breaks his things.
(d) Bothers his wife.
8. What happens to Carol's animals one day?
(a) They run away.
(b) They are shot to death.
(c) They die in a fire.
(d) They die naturally.
9. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some company.
(b) Some food.
(c) To use a phone.
(d) A glass of water.
10. What does Bukowski's final visitor give him?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A novel.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A check.
11. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
12. In I shot a man in Reno, how long is Bukowski hired for his job?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three months.
13. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
(a) For her meanness.
(b) For her ugliness.
(c) For her intelligence.
(d) For her stupidity.
14. In Animal Crackers In My Soup, where has Carol spent time before?
(b) The hospital.
(c) A madhouse.
15. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
(a) Every night.
(c) Every morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
2. In Night Streets of Madness, where do Bukowski and the young poet sit?
3. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
4. Who does the woman sleep with first in I Shot a Man in Reno?
5. What is the name of Bukowski's neighbor in The Blanket?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)