|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukowski keep betting on in Flower Horse?
(a) Horses who are short of winning.
(b) Horses who are in last place.
(c) Horses who become injured.
(d) Horses who win.
2. What does Gordon approach a house for in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
(a) Some food.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) Some company.
(d) To use a phone.
3. In The Big Pot Game, what do the young men have, according to Bukowski?
(c) Dissatifactory circumstances.
4. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
5. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
(b) Air show.
6. What happens at the end of Beers and Poets and Talk?
(a) Bukowski leaves his friends for the day.
(b) Bukowski returns to his friends.
(c) Bukowski goes to sleep.
(d) Bukowski starts a fight with his friends.
7. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are interesting, but not funny.
(b) They are funnier than ever.
(c) They are not funny at all.
(d) They are sad.
8. What is the name of the song that Bukowski is listening to in I Shot a Man in Reno?
(a) A change gonna come.
(c) I shot a man in Reno.
(d) Folsom Prison.
9. Which animal does Gordon catch Carol with first?
(b) A snake.
10. In The Blanket, how has Bukowski been sleeping?
(b) He doesn't sleep at all.
11. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
12. What does Bukowski say to the young poet about the incident between the boy and the old man in In Night Streets of Madness?
(a) It is his fault.
(b) It was just.
(c) It was wrong.
(d) The poet should have stopped it.
13. What emotion does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with joy in Flower Horse?
14. What happens to Carol's animals one day?
(a) They run away.
(b) They die naturally.
(c) They are shot to death.
(d) They die in a fire.
15. How does the mechanic in A Rain of Women approach Bukowski?
(a) With the average amount of work.
(c) Uncooperatively and lazily.
(d) In a hostile manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
2. What does Bukowski do with his phone in Notes on a Pest?
3. What is acid's virtue, according to Bukowski?
4. In A Popular Man, who does a man tell Bukowski that his wife has been having an affair with?
5. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)