|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends does Bukowski have in Beer and Poets and Talk?
2. Where do Bukowski and the woman go one day in Purple as an Iris?
(a) The barn.
(b) The post office.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) His home.
3. In One for Walter Lowenfels, what does the woman believe in?
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) Moderate ideals.
(d) Conservative ideals.
4. In One for Walter Lowenfels, where does the man's daughter need to go today?
(d) The doctor.
5. What is the name of Bukowski's companion at the event in Notes of a Potential Suicide?
6. In The Big Pot Game, what does Bukowski think that older men have around them?
7. What does Bukowski think of comic strips upon reading them?
(a) They are not funny at all.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are interesting, but not funny.
(d) They are funnier than ever.
8. In Flower Horse, what does Bukowski observe on the racetrack coupled with frivolity?
9. What does the neighbor in The Blanket do to the blanket?
(a) Shoots it.
(b) Tears it apart.
(c) Folds it.
(d) Burns it.
10. What friend does Bukowski visit in I shot a man in Reno?
11. What does the woman that Bukowski approaches in I Shot a Man in Reno pull out?
(a) A knife.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A gun.
(d) Pepper spray.
12. Of what kind of group have the boys in The Big Pot Game copied their language from?
(a) Hippies of the 1970s.
(b) Groups of the 1980s.
(c) Hepcats of the 1920s.
(d) Hepcats of the 1990s.
13. What is the name of the orangutan in Animal Crackers in My Soup?
14. Whose birthday is it towards the end of One for Walter Lowenfels?
(a) The woman's.
(c) Walter Lowenfels'.
(d) The man's.
15. What does Bukowski notice on his hands at the end of The Blanket?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Notes on the Pest, what does a pest talk to Bukowski about at the diner?
2. What is Bukowski's current delusion in The Blanket?
3. In Note of a Potential Suicide, what event does Bukowksi remember attending as a boy?
4. When does one particular pest call Bukowski?
5. What does Bukowski discuss with his friends in Beer and Poets and Talk?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)