|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was depressing.
(b) It was enjoyable.
(c) It was useless.
(d) It was horrible.
2. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
(a) It will purge both the good and bad from the US.
(b) It will be good for the US.
(c) It will depend on how it is carried out.
(d) He said nothing.
3. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Grocery store.
(c) Rubber processing plant.
(d) Post office.
5. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
6. What does the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit think of Bukowski's employment status?
(a) He praises his work at the post office.
(b) He gives no opinion.
(c) He cannot understand.
(d) He sees it as normal.
7. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
(c) From sleeping in the bathtub.
(d) Rain from an open window.
8. Who does Bukowski drink heavily with prior to the Great Zen Wedding ceremony?
(d) Zen Master.
9. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
10. How does Bukowski spend most of his time in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Talking about poetry or writing.
(b) Giving speeches.
(d) Drinking beer and talking to waitresses.
11. What state is Bukowski in during the summer in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(d) New York.
12. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) Excessive aggression.
(c) Poor physical shape.
(d) Excessive sensitivity.
13. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
(a) Makes a scene.
(b) Asks him many questions.
(c) Steals products.
(d) Runs away.
14. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
(a) He takes a cab.
(b) He gets a ride from a friend.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) He walks from the cottage.
15. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
(a) Post office.
(b) College campus.
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
2. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
3. What does Dan try to do one night while drunk?
4. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
5. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)