Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Joe Statz.
2. What profession does Benny have?
(a) Postal worker.
(d) Factory worker.
3. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
(a) Post office.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) College campus.
4. What saves Blaine from being raped?
(a) His emotions.
(b) The guards.
(c) His physical unattractiveness.
(d) His strength.
5. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
(a) A community center.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A house.
6. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
(b) It is not explained.
(c) Rain from an open window.
(d) From sleeping in the bathtub.
7. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Rubber processing plant.
(c) Post office.
8. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
(a) He has been hired.
(b) He has been laid off.
(c) He quit.
(d) He has been promoted.
9. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(b) Unbearably hot.
(d) Average weather.
10. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
(a) A dorm room.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The Poet's Cottage.
(d) A hotel.
11. Where does Dan spend much of his time while at work?
(a) At Griffo's.
(b) At the post office.
(c) In Signo's house.
(d) In his own office.
12. In Love it or Leave It, what does Bukowski find to sleep in?
(a) An empty train car.
(b) An empty house.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Cadillac.
13. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
14. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) Post office.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) To work.
(d) Grocery store.
15. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
(a) A brand new pair of shoes.
(b) An old Panama hat.
(c) A brand new Panama hat.
(d) A brand new shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank describe to his mother?
2. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
3. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
4. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
5. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)