|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scenes from the Big Time, what does the narrator do all day?
(a) Order around his cell mate.
(b) Cleans his cell.
(c) Cleans the kitchen.
(d) Cleans pigeon droppings.
2. What kind of job is Dan offered?
(a) Post office.
(b) Grocery store.
3. What saves Blaine from being raped?
(a) His emotions.
(b) His strength.
(c) His physical unattractiveness.
(d) The guards.
4. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(d) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
5. In The Great Zen Wedding, what is Bukowski wearing?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A panama hat.
(d) A t-shirt.
6. What is Mary taking Mad Jimmy to court for?
(d) Assault and battery.
7. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By promising to visit him.
(b) By threatening him.
(c) By yelling at him.
(d) By calling security.
8. What does Frank describe to his mother?
(a) The evil sin of the town.
(b) The clerk's sins.
(c) The goodness of the town.
(d) His own sins.
9. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
(a) His weaknesses.
(c) Everyday life experiences.
(d) His strengths.
10. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
11. What gift does Bukowksi give the couple for their wedding?
(a) A miniature coffin.
(b) A toaster.
(c) A miniature house.
(d) A painting.
12. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was depressing.
(b) It was enjoyable.
(c) It was horrible.
(d) It was useless.
13. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Rubber processing plant.
(c) Post office.
14. In Love it or Leave It, what does Bukowski find to sleep in?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) An empty train car.
(d) An empty house.
15. What does Bukowski argue about the human toll of his friend's suggestion?
(a) The cost is too great for such little progress.
(b) He thinks some humans need to be lost for any great change.
(c) He is fine with it as long as he is okay.
(d) The toll is worth the aftermath.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
2. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
3. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
4. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
5. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)