|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Love it or Leave It, what does Bukowski find to sleep in?
(a) An empty train car.
(b) An empty house.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Cadillac.
2. What are the other men like on the train in Love it or Leave it?
(a) Angry and silent.
(b) Reserved and polite.
(c) Ragged and boisterous.
(d) Friendly but loud.
3. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
(a) An old Panama hat.
(b) A brand new Panama hat.
(c) A brand new shirt.
(d) A brand new pair of shoes.
4. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
(b) Los Angeles.
5. What does Frank do when he is back in his room?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Writes a letter.
6. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The Poet's Cottage.
(c) A dorm room.
(d) A hotel.
7. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For dodging the draft.
(b) For attacking someone.
(c) For robbing a store.
(d) For murdering someone.
8. Where does Bukowski return home to at the end of My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
9. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
10. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
11. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
(a) Homemade casserole.
(c) Homemade soup.
12. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) Rain from an open window.
(b) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
(c) From sleeping in the bathtub.
(d) It is not explained.
13. Where does Dan go for his new job?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
14. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
(b) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(c) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
(d) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
15. What does Bukowski argue about the human toll of his friend's suggestion?
(a) He is fine with it as long as he is okay.
(b) He thinks some humans need to be lost for any great change.
(c) The cost is too great for such little progress.
(d) The toll is worth the aftermath.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
2. Where does Dan spend much of his time while at work?
3. Why does the girlfriend scoff at the narrator's offer in Too Sensitive?
4. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
5. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)