|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was enjoyable.
(b) It was useless.
(c) It was horrible.
(d) It was depressing.
2. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(a) Poker nights.
(b) Boxing club.
3. Who tears an item of Mad Jimmy's?
(b) The narrator.
(c) Izzy Steiner.
4. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
(a) Poor physical shape.
(b) Excessive aggression.
(c) Excessive sensitivity.
(d) Mental illness.
5. In Rape! Rape!, who does Bukowski see upon getting out of the bathroom?
(c) The fat woman.
(d) The little boy.
6. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) Rain from an open window.
(c) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
(d) From sleeping in the bathtub.
7. What kind of writer is Henry Chinasky?
(a) A nonfiction writer.
(b) A technical writer.
(c) A novelist.
(d) A poet.
8. What does Duke do at night?
(a) Reads Lala a bedtime story.
(b) Goes to work at the grocery store.
(c) Leaves his family forever.
(d) Robs a liquor store.
9. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By calling security.
(b) By yelling at him.
(c) By promising to visit him.
(d) By threatening him.
10. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) Post office.
(d) To work.
11. What does Mr. Sneed do by the ocean?
(a) Socializes with friends.
(b) Sits on a bench.
(c) Eats his lunch.
(d) Swims in the ocean.
12. In Scenes from the Big Time, what does the narrator do all day?
(a) Cleans pigeon droppings.
(b) Cleans the kitchen.
(c) Order around his cell mate.
(d) Cleans his cell.
13. What gift does Bukowksi give the couple for their wedding?
(a) A painting.
(b) A toaster.
(c) A miniature house.
(d) A miniature coffin.
14. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Seventy dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
15. According to the narrator in Too Sensitive, what does a man's clean kitchen mean?
(a) He is dull and conditioned.
(b) He is responsible.
(c) He is a clean and organized person.
(d) It means nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dan go for his new job?
2. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
3. What does Mr. Sneed believe there is no shame in?
4. What is Bukowski beaten with in Love It or Leave It?
5. What does the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit think of Bukowski's employment status?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)