|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) Post office.
(b) To work.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) Grocery store.
2. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
(d) Mad Jimmy.
3. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For murdering someone.
(b) For attacking someone.
(c) For robbing a store.
(d) For dodging the draft.
4. Where does the foreman in Love it or Leave it distribute cans of food?
(b) New Mexico.
5. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
(a) He quit.
(b) He has been laid off.
(c) He has been hired.
(d) He has been promoted.
6. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
(a) A toy.
(b) A cookie.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A hug.
7. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(b) To get Benny a job at the post office.
(c) To get her a job at the workshop.
(d) To get her a job at the post office.
8. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
9. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
(a) Pretends he likes it.
(b) Throws it outside the window.
(c) Refuses it.
(d) Eats it all enthusiastically.
10. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(a) Boxing club.
(c) Poker nights.
11. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
(a) Charles Bukowski.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Jack Hendley.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
12. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
(a) Makes a scene.
(b) Steals products.
(c) Asks him many questions.
(d) Runs away.
13. What kind of job is Dan offered?
(a) Post office.
(c) Grocery store.
14. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Unbearably hot.
(b) Average weather.
15. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By yelling at him.
(b) By promising to visit him.
(c) By threatening him.
(d) By calling security.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
2. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
3. What does Bukowski buy with his food coupons in Love it or Leave it?
4. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
5. Why does the girlfriend scoff at the narrator's offer in Too Sensitive?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)