|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sneed believe there is no shame in?
(a) Working at the post office.
(b) Living extravagantly.
(d) Living simply.
2. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
(a) A brand new Panama hat.
(b) An old Panama hat.
(c) A brand new shirt.
(d) A brand new pair of shoes.
3. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
(a) His brother.
(b) The other gamblers.
(c) A house guest.
(d) His wife.
4. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
5. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
(a) Charles Bukowski.
(b) Jack Hendley.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
6. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
7. What does Bukowski argue about the human toll of his friend's suggestion?
(a) The toll is worth the aftermath.
(b) He is fine with it as long as he is okay.
(c) He thinks some humans need to be lost for any great change.
(d) The cost is too great for such little progress.
8. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get her a job at the post office.
(b) To get Benny a job at the post office.
(c) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(d) To get her a job at the workshop.
9. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
(d) Mad Jimmy.
10. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
11. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
12. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
13. What kind of writer is Henry Chinasky?
(a) A technical writer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A novelist.
(d) A nonfiction writer.
14. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
15. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
(a) His tie.
(b) His socks.
(c) His pants.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
2. Why does the girlfriend scoff at the narrator's offer in Too Sensitive?
3. Where does Dan spend much of his time while at work?
4. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
5. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)