|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
2. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
3. What does the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit think of Bukowski's employment status?
(a) He praises his work at the post office.
(b) He cannot understand.
(c) He gives no opinion.
(d) He sees it as normal.
4. What state is Bukowski in during the summer in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(d) New York.
5. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get Benny a job at the post office.
(b) To get her a job at the workshop.
(c) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(d) To get her a job at the post office.
6. Who tears an item of Mad Jimmy's?
(b) The narrator.
(d) Izzy Steiner.
7. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old man.
8. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
(a) She hates dirt.
(b) She loves her man enough to clean for him.
(c) She is independent.
(d) She is dull and conditioned.
9. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Post office.
(d) College campus.
10. What does Dan say about Bukowski's writing in No Stockings?
(a) He avoids the subject.
(b) He criticizes it.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He praises it.
11. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
(a) Homemade casserole.
(d) Homemade soup.
12. Where does Bukowski go after he leaves jail in No Stockings?
(a) Barney's house.
(b) Dan's house.
(c) Vera's apartment.
(d) His own home.
13. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
14. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A toy.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A hug.
15. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Post office.
(b) Rubber processing plant.
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people tease Mr. Sneed?
2. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
3. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
4. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
5. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)