|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Average weather.
(c) Unbearably hot.
2. What profession does Benny have?
(a) Factory worker.
(d) Postal worker.
3. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
(a) Excessive sensitivity.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) Poor physical shape.
(d) Excessive aggression.
4. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
5. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, what does Bukowski's non-English speaking cell mate do?
(a) Learns English from Bukowski.
(b) Steals Bukowski's sheets.
(c) Gets out of prison before Bukowski.
(d) Attacks Bukowski.
6. How does Bukowski spend most of his time in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Talking about poetry or writing.
(b) Giving speeches.
(c) Drinking beer and talking to waitresses.
7. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For dodging the draft.
(b) For robbing a store.
(c) For murdering someone.
(d) For attacking someone.
8. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
9. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) Post office.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) To work.
10. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
(a) The Poet's Cottage.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A dorm room.
11. Who does Chinasky avoid at a party?
(a) A woman.
(b) His wife.
12. According to the narrator in Too Sensitive, what does a man's clean kitchen mean?
(a) He is a clean and organized person.
(b) He is responsible.
(c) It means nothing.
(d) He is dull and conditioned.
13. Where does Dan go for his new job?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
14. What does Dan say about Bukowski's writing in No Stockings?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He praises it.
(c) He avoids the subject.
(d) He criticizes it.
15. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get her a job at the post office.
(b) To get her a job at the workshop.
(c) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(d) To get Benny a job at the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Great Zen Wedding, what is Bukowski wearing?
2. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
3. What does Frank describe to his mother?
4. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
5. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)