|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
(a) He quit.
(b) He has been hired.
(c) He has been laid off.
(d) He has been promoted.
2. What saves Blaine from being raped?
(a) His strength.
(b) The guards.
(c) His emotions.
(d) His physical unattractiveness.
3. What does Frank do when he is back in his room?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Reads a book.
4. How does Bukowski spend most of his time in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Talking about poetry or writing.
(b) Drinking beer and talking to waitresses.
(d) Giving speeches.
5. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(c) Poker nights.
(d) Boxing club.
6. Where does Bukowski return home to at the end of My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A young man.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young woman.
8. What does Mr. Sneed believe there is no shame in?
(a) Living simply.
(b) Living extravagantly.
(d) Working at the post office.
9. What does Duke do at night?
(a) Leaves his family forever.
(b) Goes to work at the grocery store.
(c) Reads Lala a bedtime story.
(d) Robs a liquor store.
10. What profession does Benny have?
(a) Factory worker.
(d) Postal worker.
11. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For dodging the draft.
(b) For attacking someone.
(c) For robbing a store.
(d) For murdering someone.
12. Who tears an item of Mad Jimmy's?
(a) The narrator.
(c) Izzy Steiner.
13. What is Mary taking Mad Jimmy to court for?
(d) Assault and battery.
14. In Love it or Leave It, what does Bukowski find to sleep in?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) An empty house.
(c) An empty train car.
(d) A Mustang.
15. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sneed do by the ocean?
2. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
3. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
4. What does the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit think of Bukowski's employment status?
5. What does Frank describe to his mother?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)