Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
(b) Mad Jimmy.
2. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
(a) A toy.
(b) A cookie.
(c) A hug.
(d) A dollar.
3. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
(a) He has to leave his room.
(b) He has news for him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) A woman waits for him.
4. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
5. What does Dan try to do one night while drunk?
(a) Break a statue of the President.
(b) Pull down a statue of the President.
(c) Pull down a statue of Jesus.
(d) Clean a statue of Jesus.
6. Who does Chinasky avoid at a party?
(a) A woman.
(c) His wife.
7. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By promising to visit him.
(b) By threatening him.
(c) By yelling at him.
(d) By calling security.
8. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
(c) Los Angeles.
9. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(c) Average weather.
(d) Unbearably hot.
10. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The Poet's Cottage.
(c) A dorm room.
(d) A hotel.
11. What does Dan say about Bukowski's writing in No Stockings?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He avoids the subject.
(c) He criticizes it.
(d) He praises it.
12. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) Post office.
(d) To work.
13. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her apartment building.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Post office.
14. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
15. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
(a) She is independent.
(b) She loves her man enough to clean for him.
(c) She hates dirt.
(d) She is dull and conditioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
2. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
3. In the story Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, where does Bukowski work?
4. What is Bukowski beaten with in Love It or Leave It?
5. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)