|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Asks him many questions.
(c) Makes a scene.
(d) Steals products.
2. Where does Bukowski go after he leaves jail in No Stockings?
(a) Dan's house.
(b) His own home.
(c) Barney's house.
(d) Vera's apartment.
3. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
(a) His weaknesses.
(b) Everyday life experiences.
(d) His strengths.
4. Why does Duke's wife scold him in A .45 to Pay the Rent?
(a) Because he cheated on her.
(b) Because he left Lala in the car.
(c) Because he let Lala pick the groceries.
(d) Because he spent too much money.
5. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
(a) Charles Bukowski.
(b) Jack Hendley.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
6. What profession does Benny have?
(a) Postal worker.
(d) Factory worker.
7. What does Bukowski buy with his food coupons in Love it or Leave it?
(a) Cans of food.
(d) Cheese and bread.
8. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
(a) Homemade soup.
(c) Homemade casserole.
9. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
(a) A brand new pair of shoes.
(b) An old Panama hat.
(c) A brand new Panama hat.
(d) A brand new shirt.
10. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
11. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Rubber processing plant.
(c) Post office.
(d) Grocery store.
12. Who tears an item of Mad Jimmy's?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Izzy Steiner.
13. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
(a) He walks from the cottage.
(b) He takes a cab.
(c) He gets a ride from a friend.
(d) He takes a bus.
14. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
(a) A woman waits for him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He has news for him.
(d) He has to leave his room.
15. Where does Dan spend much of his time while at work?
(a) At Griffo's.
(b) In his own office.
(c) At the post office.
(d) In Signo's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
2. According to the narrator in Too Sensitive, what does a man's clean kitchen mean?
3. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
4. What does Duke do at night?
5. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)