|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
2. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A rector.
3. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
(a) Enrique Balanos.
(b) Watson Jones.
(d) Jack Hendley.
4. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old woman.
5. In The Great Zen Wedding, what is Bukowski wearing?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A panama hat.
(c) A t-shirt.
6. Where does Dan spend much of his time while at work?
(a) In Signo's house.
(b) At Griffo's.
(c) At the post office.
(d) In his own office.
7. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
(a) Everyday life experiences.
(b) His strengths.
(d) His weaknesses.
8. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Rubber processing plant.
(b) Post office.
(d) Grocery store.
9. In Scenes from the Big Time, what does the narrator do all day?
(a) Cleans the kitchen.
(b) Cleans pigeon droppings.
(c) Cleans his cell.
(d) Order around his cell mate.
10. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
11. In Goodbye Watson, where does the narrator go after he wakes up?
(a) The boxing club.
(b) The track.
(d) The campus.
12. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get her a job at the post office.
(b) To get Benny a job at the post office.
(c) To get her a job at the workshop.
(d) To get Benny a job as his editor.
13. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
(a) He walks from the cottage.
(b) He takes a bus.
(c) He gets a ride from a friend.
(d) He takes a cab.
14. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
(c) Homemade casserole.
(d) Homemade soup.
15. What kind of job is Dan offered?
(b) Post office.
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
2. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
3. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
4. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
5. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)