|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
(a) He has to leave his room.
(b) He loves him.
(c) A woman waits for him.
(d) He has news for him.
2. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
3. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The Poet's Cottage.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A dorm room.
4. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
(a) The narrator.
(d) Joe Statz.
5. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
(a) It will be good for the US.
(b) It will depend on how it is carried out.
(c) It will purge both the good and bad from the US.
(d) He said nothing.
6. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
7. What does the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit think of Bukowski's employment status?
(a) He cannot understand.
(b) He sees it as normal.
(c) He praises his work at the post office.
(d) He gives no opinion.
8. Who does Jack Hendley notice is following him around?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old woman.
9. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
10. What does Bukowski argue about the human toll of his friend's suggestion?
(a) The cost is too great for such little progress.
(b) The toll is worth the aftermath.
(c) He is fine with it as long as he is okay.
(d) He thinks some humans need to be lost for any great change.
11. What is the name of one of the boys who teases Mr. Sneed?
12. What profession does Benny have?
(a) Postal worker.
(d) Factory worker.
13. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
(a) He has been laid off.
(b) He has been hired.
(c) He has been promoted.
(d) He quit.
14. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
(d) Mad Jimmy.
15. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(d) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
2. What does Frank describe to his mother?
3. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
4. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
5. What gift does Bukowksi give the couple for their wedding?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)