|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
(d) Mad Jimmy.
2. What is Mary taking Mad Jimmy to court for?
(a) Assault and battery.
3. How does Bukowski spend most of his time in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(a) Talking about poetry or writing.
(c) Drinking beer and talking to waitresses.
(d) Giving speeches.
4. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
(c) Homemade soup.
(d) Homemade casserole.
5. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
6. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
(d) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
7. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(b) Unbearably hot.
(c) Average weather.
8. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Seventy dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
9. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
(a) Pretends he likes it.
(b) Eats it all enthusiastically.
(c) Throws it outside the window.
(d) Refuses it.
10. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was useless.
(b) It was enjoyable.
(c) It was horrible.
(d) It was depressing.
11. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For attacking someone.
(b) For robbing a store.
(c) For murdering someone.
(d) For dodging the draft.
12. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
13. What job does Dan Skorski quit?
(a) Post office.
(c) Rubber processing plant.
(d) Grocery store.
14. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Steals products.
(c) Makes a scene.
(d) Asks him many questions.
15. What does Frank do when he is back in his room?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(d) Reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan try to do one night while drunk?
2. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
3. What are the other men like on the train in Love it or Leave it?
4. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
5. What does Mr. Sneed believe there is no shame in?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)