|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
2. What does Frank do when he is back in his room?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Writes a letter.
3. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
(a) It will depend on how it is carried out.
(b) It will purge both the good and bad from the US.
(c) He said nothing.
(d) It will be good for the US.
4. Where does Bukowski return home to at the end of My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
5. What state is Bukowski in during the summer in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(d) New York.
6. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By promising to visit him.
(b) By threatening him.
(c) By calling security.
(d) By yelling at him.
7. What does Bukowski buy with his food coupons in Love it or Leave it?
(a) Cans of food.
(c) Cheese and bread.
8. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, what does Bukowski's non-English speaking cell mate do?
(a) Gets out of prison before Bukowski.
(b) Steals Bukowski's sheets.
(c) Learns English from Bukowski.
(d) Attacks Bukowski.
9. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) To work.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) Post office.
10. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
11. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) From sleeping in the bathtub.
(c) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
(d) Rain from an open window.
12. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
(b) Watson Jones.
(c) Enrique Balanos.
(d) Jack Hendley.
13. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
14. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(a) Poker nights.
(c) Boxing club.
15. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get Benny a job at the post office.
(b) To get her a job at the post office.
(c) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(d) To get her a job at the workshop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
2. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
3. Who does Chinasky avoid at a party?
4. What does Frank describe to his mother?
5. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)