|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
(a) He takes a bus.
(b) He takes a cab.
(c) He gets a ride from a friend.
(d) He walks from the cottage.
2. What does Duke do at night?
(a) Robs a liquor store.
(b) Reads Lala a bedtime story.
(c) Goes to work at the grocery store.
(d) Leaves his family forever.
3. Where does Bukowski go after he leaves jail in No Stockings?
(a) Barney's house.
(b) His own home.
(c) Dan's house.
(d) Vera's apartment.
4. What is Mary taking Mad Jimmy to court for?
(a) Assault and battery.
5. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
(b) From sleeping in the bathtub.
(c) Rain from an open window.
(d) It is not explained.
6. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
(a) His pants.
(b) His socks.
(c) His tie.
(d) His shoes.
7. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
8. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, what does Bukowski's non-English speaking cell mate do?
(a) Gets out of prison before Bukowski.
(b) Steals Bukowski's sheets.
(c) Learns English from Bukowski.
(d) Attacks Bukowski.
9. What is the name of Dan's friend in No Stockings?
10. In Scenes from the Big Time, what does the narrator do all day?
(a) Cleans the kitchen.
(b) Order around his cell mate.
(c) Cleans pigeon droppings.
(d) Cleans his cell.
11. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
(a) A cookie.
(b) A hug.
(c) A toy.
(d) A dollar.
12. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
(a) A rector.
(b) A priest.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A teacher.
13. What profession does Benny have?
(a) Factory worker.
(b) Postal worker.
14. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
(a) A house guest.
(b) His wife.
(c) The other gamblers.
(d) His brother.
15. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen dollars.
(d) Fifteen hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people tease Mr. Sneed?
2. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
3. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
4. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
5. What does Dan try to do one night while drunk?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)