|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chinasky's flight headed?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
2. Where does Bukowski go after he leaves jail in No Stockings?
(a) Barney's house.
(b) Vera's apartment.
(c) His own home.
(d) Dan's house.
3. Who does Chinasky avoid at a party?
(a) His wife.
(d) A woman.
4. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
5. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
(a) He walks from the cottage.
(b) He takes a bus.
(c) He gets a ride from a friend.
(d) He takes a cab.
6. What saves Blaine from being raped?
(a) His emotions.
(b) His strength.
(c) His physical unattractiveness.
(d) The guards.
7. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
(a) He said nothing.
(b) It will purge both the good and bad from the US.
(c) It will be good for the US.
(d) It will depend on how it is carried out.
8. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A community center.
(c) A house.
(d) A hotel.
9. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
(a) Criticizes Bukowski's poetry.
(b) Praises Bukowski's poetry.
(c) Criticizes Bukowski's appearance.
(d) Praises Bukowski's appearance.
10. What does Frank describe to his mother?
(a) The clerk's sins.
(b) The goodness of the town.
(c) The evil sin of the town.
(d) His own sins.
11. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Joe Statz.
12. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) To leave.
(d) To give him money.
13. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Seventy dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
14. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
(a) Her apartment building.
(b) Post office.
(c) Her car.
(d) Grocery store.
15. Why does Duke's wife scold him in A .45 to Pay the Rent?
(a) Because he let Lala pick the groceries.
(b) Because he spent too much money.
(c) Because he left Lala in the car.
(d) Because he cheated on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the girlfriend scoff at the narrator's offer in Too Sensitive?
2. What does Bukowski's friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece study to be?
3. What does Bukowski realize he is missing in jail?
4. What does Bukowski buy with his food coupons in Love it or Leave it?
5. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)