|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Harry owe the mechanic?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Seventy dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
2. What does Dan try to do one night while drunk?
(a) Pull down a statue of the President.
(b) Clean a statue of Jesus.
(c) Break a statue of the President.
(d) Pull down a statue of Jesus.
3. What does Bukowski give the fat woman's son in Rape! Rape!?
(a) A toy.
(b) A hug.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A dollar.
4. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
(a) Pretends he likes it.
(b) Throws it outside the window.
(c) Refuses it.
(d) Eats it all enthusiastically.
5. In Scenes from the Big Time, what does the narrator do all day?
(a) Cleans pigeon droppings.
(b) Cleans the kitchen.
(c) Order around his cell mate.
(d) Cleans his cell.
6. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
(a) His weaknesses.
(c) His strengths.
(d) Everyday life experiences.
7. What does Bukowski buy with his food coupons in Love it or Leave it?
(a) Cans of food.
(d) Cheese and bread.
8. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was enjoyable.
(b) It was depressing.
(c) It was useless.
(d) It was horrible.
9. Who does Chinasky avoid at a party?
(c) His wife.
(d) A woman.
10. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
(a) It will purge both the good and bad from the US.
(b) It will depend on how it is carried out.
(c) It will be good for the US.
(d) He said nothing.
11. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
12. Where does the foreman in Love it or Leave it distribute cans of food?
(d) New Mexico.
13. Why does the girlfriend scoff at the narrator's offer in Too Sensitive?
(a) She thinks Benny is not skilled enough.
(b) She thinks Benny is too sensitive.
(c) She thinks Benny is too arrogant for the job.
(d) She thinks Benny is too good for that job.
14. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
(a) He has news for him.
(b) He has to leave his room.
(c) He loves him.
(d) A woman waits for him.
15. What does Bukowski argue about the human toll of his friend's suggestion?
(a) The toll is worth the aftermath.
(b) He thinks some humans need to be lost for any great change.
(c) The cost is too great for such little progress.
(d) He is fine with it as long as he is okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Benny have?
2. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
3. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
4. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
5. What is the name of the beautiful woman in Rape! Rape!?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)