|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bukowski think of his conversation with his friend in A Quiet Conversation Piece?
(a) It was enjoyable.
(b) It was useless.
(c) It was horrible.
(d) It was depressing.
2. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
3. What does the narrator offer to his girlfriend in Too Sensitive?
(a) To get her a job at the workshop.
(b) To get her a job at the post office.
(c) To get Benny a job as his editor.
(d) To get Benny a job at the post office.
4. In Scenes from the Big Time, what does the narrator do all day?
(a) Cleans pigeon droppings.
(b) Cleans the kitchen.
(c) Cleans his cell.
(d) Order around his cell mate.
5. What does the desk clerk give Frank?
(a) A piece of cheese.
(b) A letter.
(c) A dinner menu.
(d) His lost wallet.
6. Who has prevented Jack Hendley from preparing his bets in advance?
(a) The other gamblers.
(b) His brother.
(c) A house guest.
(d) His wife.
7. What does Bukowski think of his friend's suggestion for the United States?
(a) It will be good for the US.
(b) It will purge both the good and bad from the US.
(c) He said nothing.
(d) It will depend on how it is carried out.
8. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(a) Poker nights.
(d) Boxing club.
9. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Post office.
(d) To work.
10. What does Frank describe to his mother?
(a) His own sins.
(b) The evil sin of the town.
(c) The goodness of the town.
(d) The clerk's sins.
11. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, what does his friend believe the United States needs?
(c) A revolution.
12. Who tears an item of Mad Jimmy's?
(c) The narrator.
(d) Izzy Steiner.
13. Who does Chinasky avoid at a party?
(b) A woman.
(c) His wife.
14. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
15. Why does Duke's wife scold him in A .45 to Pay the Rent?
(a) Because he let Lala pick the groceries.
(b) Because he spent too much money.
(c) Because he cheated on her.
(d) Because he left Lala in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
2. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
3. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
4. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, who does Bukowski sit with?
5. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)