|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of writer is Henry Chinasky?
(a) A technical writer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A nonfiction writer.
(d) A novelist.
2. Where does Bukowski go before he goes to work in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) The track.
3. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
(a) The Poet's Cottage.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A dorm room.
4. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
5. Who does Bukowski drink heavily with prior to the Great Zen Wedding ceremony?
(c) Zen Master.
6. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) To work.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Post office.
7. In Love it or Leave It, what does Bukowski find to sleep in?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) An empty train car.
(c) An empty house.
(d) A Cadillac.
8. What does the desk clerk give Frank?
(a) A piece of cheese.
(b) His lost wallet.
(c) A dinner menu.
(d) A letter.
9. According to the Too Sensitive narrator, what does a woman's clean kitchen mean?
(a) She hates dirt.
(b) She is dull and conditioned.
(c) She loves her man enough to clean for him.
(d) She is independent.
10. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
11. What does Mr. Sneed believe there is no shame in?
(b) Working at the post office.
(c) Living simply.
(d) Living extravagantly.
12. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
(b) Los Angeles.
13. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(b) Boxing club.
(c) Poker nights.
14. How does Bukowski feel after being charged with rape?
15. Why does Duke's wife scold him in A .45 to Pay the Rent?
(a) Because he spent too much money.
(b) Because he let Lala pick the groceries.
(c) Because he left Lala in the car.
(d) Because he cheated on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Benny have?
2. What does Dan say about Bukowski's writing in No Stockings?
3. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
4. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
5. Where is Frank Evans staying in An Evil Town?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)