|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mad Jimmy wearing?
(a) A brand new pair of shoes.
(b) An old Panama hat.
(c) A brand new shirt.
(d) A brand new Panama hat.
2. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
(b) From sleeping in the bathtub.
(c) Rain from an open window.
(d) It is not explained.
3. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
(a) Excessive aggression.
(b) Poor physical shape.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Excessive sensitivity.
4. What does Mr. Sneed do with the food Mrs. Connors brings him?
(a) Pretends he likes it.
(b) Refuses it.
(c) Eats it all enthusiastically.
(d) Throws it outside the window.
5. What kind of writer is Henry Chinasky?
(a) A technical writer.
(b) A nonfiction writer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A novelist.
6. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
(a) Charles Bukowski.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Jack Hendley.
7. What does Bukowski ask the woman to do after he takes a bath?
(a) To make dinner.
(b) To give him money.
(c) To call the police.
(d) To leave.
8. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) Post office.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) To work.
9. What is the name of Bukowski's friend who shares a woman with him in the beginning of No Stockings?
(b) Mad Jimmy.
10. How does Bukowski brush off the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
(a) By calling security.
(b) By promising to visit him.
(c) By yelling at him.
(d) By threatening him.
11. Where does Bukowski stay one summer?
(a) The Poet's Cottage.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A dorm room.
(d) A friend's house.
12. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For murdering someone.
(b) For robbing a store.
(c) For dodging the draft.
(d) For attacking someone.
13. Where does the foreman in Love it or Leave it distribute cans of food?
(a) New Mexico.
14. What does Frank describe to his mother?
(a) The goodness of the town.
(b) The evil sin of the town.
(c) His own sins.
(d) The clerk's sins.
15. What does the man interpret one of Bukowski's poems to be about in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rape! Rape!, where does Bukowski follow the woman he sees?
2. What gift does Bukowksi give the couple for their wedding?
3. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
4. How does Bukowski spend most of his time in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
5. Where does Dan go rather than going home?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)