|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Too Sensitive narrator's girlfriend tell him about Benny Adimson?
(a) He quit.
(b) He has been promoted.
(c) He has been hired.
(d) He has been laid off.
2. What does Lala do while in the store with her father?
(a) Makes a scene.
(b) Asks him many questions.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Steals products.
3. In Reunion, from where does Harry return home?
4. What is the weather like where Bukowski is staying in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(b) Unbearably hot.
(d) Average weather.
5. In Goodbye Watson, what athlete does the narrator have success with?
(a) Jack Hendley.
(b) Enrique Balanos.
(c) Watson Jones.
6. In My Stay at the Poet's Cottage, how does Bukowski get to the train station?
(a) He walks from the cottage.
(b) He gets a ride from a friend.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) He takes a cab.
7. In The Great Zen Wedding, what is Bukowski wearing?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A t-shirt.
(d) A panama hat.
8. Where did the narrator of Goodbye Watson go before he started attending horse races?
(a) Poker nights.
(d) Boxing club.
9. What does Mrs. Connors bring Mr. Sneed?
(b) Homemade casserole.
(c) Homemade soup.
10. What does Frank describe to his mother?
(a) His own sins.
(b) The goodness of the town.
(c) The evil sin of the town.
(d) The clerk's sins.
11. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For attacking someone.
(b) For murdering someone.
(c) For robbing a store.
(d) For dodging the draft.
12. What does the desk clerk tell Frank?
(a) He has news for him.
(b) A woman waits for him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He has to leave his room.
13. Where does Jack Hendley arrive in Cunt and Kant and a Happy Home?
(a) The casino.
(c) The horse track.
14. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
(a) Charles Bukowski.
(b) Jack Hendley.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Charles Dickens.
15. What kind of writer is Henry Chinasky?
(a) A technical writer.
(b) A novelist.
(c) A nonfiction writer.
(d) A poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dan spend much of his time while at work?
2. In Goodbye Watson, where does the narrator go after he wakes up?
3. What does Frank do when he is back in his room?
4. What are the other men like on the train in Love it or Leave it?
5. In A Quiet Conversation Piece, what does his friend believe the United States needs?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)