|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Purple as an Iris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary taking Mad Jimmy to court for?
(b) Assault and battery.
2. In Beer and Poets and Talk, what does Bukowski think of the poets?
(a) Many of the greats still live.
(b) Many of the greats have died.
(c) The best of them are emerging.
(d) Great poets are gone forever.
3. Who bails Bukowski out of jail?
4. What does Bukowski want to ask the person he imagines having a conversation with in In Night Street of Madness?
(a) Why he left him.
(b) What he meant in his letter.
(c) Why the person killed himself.
(d) To come home.
5. What author does the narrator name in describing something about himself in Goodbye Watson?
(a) Jack Hendley.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Charles Bukowski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bukowski take his car to the mechanic in A Rain of Women?
2. Where is the railroad crew that Bukowski signs up for in Love it or Leave it?
3. Where does Frank go after receiving the object from the clerk?
4. What does Bukowski buy with his food coupons in Love it or Leave it?
5. Why does Bukowski hate the woman who has entered the shop in A Rain of Women?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)