|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Stay in the Poet's Cottage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bukowski incarcerated in Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1?
(a) For attacking someone.
(b) For robbing a store.
(c) For murdering someone.
(d) For dodging the draft.
2. What state is Bukowski in during the summer in My Stay at the Poet's Cottage?
(c) New York.
3. In Scenes from the Big Time, what does the narrator do all day?
(a) Cleans the kitchen.
(b) Cleans pigeon droppings.
(c) Order around his cell mate.
(d) Cleans his cell.
4. In Goodbye Watson, why does the narrator wake up soaking wet?
(a) It is not explained.
(b) From sleeping in the bathtub.
(c) Rain from an open window.
(d) From his friend pouring water on him to wake him up.
5. What does the man in Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit think of Bukowski's employment status?
(a) He cannot understand.
(b) He sees it as normal.
(c) He gives no opinion.
(d) He praises his work at the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scenes from the Big Time, which inmate serves time in the hole?
2. In Great Poets Die in Steaming Pots of Shit, what does the man that approaches Bukowski do?
3. How much money do Harry and Madge have in Reunion?
4. In Doing Time with Public Enemy No. 1, why is Bukowski deemed unfit for combat?
5. In Goodbye Watson, what does the narrator say that the track teaches him?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)