Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Lear and Macbeth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(b) That he be their leader.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
2. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He marries him to Miranda.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He imprisons him in a tree.
3. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A night of drinking.
(c) A war.
(d) A diplomatic summit.
4. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a messenger.
(b) As a page.
(c) As a smith.
(d) As a courtier.
5. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(c) He is banished by his brother.
(d) He wants to return to the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
2. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
3. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
4. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
5. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)