|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9, line 220a to line 223d.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pausanius think the laws are perplexing?
2. Who firsts requests drinking in moderation at the party?
3. According to Diotima's explanation, what will beasts die to protect?
(a) Their pride.
(c) Their offspring.
4. What effect does Phaedrus think Love has on a coward?
(a) It causes a coward to become even more afraid.
(b) It inspires a coward to become a hero.
(c) It has no effect on a coward.
(d) It causes a coward to think about his or her actions.
5. As explained to Socrates by Diotima, what event brings Love's mother and father together?
(a) Athena's birth.
(b) Alcmene's birth.
(c) Artemis' birth.
(d) Aphrodite's birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained by Socrates, which images can the young philosopher understand and reproduce?
2. What kind of literature does Agathon thank love for inspiring?
3. What are the doors like when Aristodemus reaches Agathon's house?
4. How does Phaedrus describe Love?
5. How does Pausanius describe the countries of Elis and Boeotia?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)