|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, line 214a to 220a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Socrates give Agathon credit?
(a) Giving such a detailed definition of love.
(b) Giving such a broad definition of love.
(c) Recommending love to everyone.
(d) Recommending love to only those who deserve it.
2. In what military campaign do Socrates and Alcibiades participate?
3. With what animal does Aristophanes compare the "man-woman creatures"?
4. Which one of the following is not an example that Eryximachus uses to describe the hostile elements?
(a) Hot and cold.
(b) Bitter and sweet.
(c) Moist and dry.
(d) Hard and soft.
5. According to Pausanius, what is the love of the body rather than the soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Eryximachus explains, what is harmony composed of?
2. How does Diotima think women are helped to give birth?
3. In Diotima's opinion, what is the confusing point of Love?
4. Why does Diotima think Love is not a god?
5. How does Eryximachus describe Pausanias' speech?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)