|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, line 214a to 220a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Aristophanes' speech, as he indicates after it is finished?
(a) To make fun of Agathon, but not Pausanius.
(b) Not to make fun of Agathon and Pausanius.
(c) To make fun of Pausanius, but not Agathon.
(d) To make fun of both Agathon and Pausanius.
2. Which goddess does Pausanius associate with love?
3. What does astronomy inform people of, according to Eryximachus?
(a) When to make sacrifices.
(b) The best ways to make sacrifices.
(c) Which sacrifices to make.
(d) Why to make sacrifices.
4. According to Socrates, who changes proverbs about Agamemnon and Menelaus?
5. What does Diotima compare Love to in explaining its features?
(a) An opinion that is neither right nor wrong.
(b) An opinion that can be perceived as right by some and wrong by others.
(c) A right opinion.
(d) A wrong opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates ironically state his speech is about?
2. What are the doors like when Aristodemus reaches Agathon's house?
3. Who does Socrates refer to as an example of a remembered writer?
4. What reason does Socrates give for why people fight in wars?
5. As related by Apollodorus, how many years has Agathon not resided at Athens?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)