|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, line 214a to 220a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollodorus have pity for rich men?
(a) Because they think they are doing nothing when they are doing something.
(b) Because they think they are doing something when they are doing nothing.
(c) Because they never seem to have enough money no matter how much they make.
(d) Because they have more money than they can possibly spend.
2. According to Alcibiades, what tactic does not work with Socrates?
3. How many years has Apollodorus been talking with Socrates?
4. In Pausanius' opinion, how many goddesses of love are there?
5. In Eryximachus' opinion, what is education in musical terms?
(a) The criticism of new songs.
(b) The correct performance of an existing composition.
(c) The analysis of an existing composition.
(d) The composition of new songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Socrates refuse to attend Agathon's sacrifice of victory?
2. Where is Diotima, Socrates' teacher, from?
3. In Eryximachus' opinion, what can the best physician do?
4. According to Pausanius, what is the love of the body rather than the soul?
5. Who does Alcibiades request to listen to the story of his extreme actions with Socrates?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)