|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, line 202a to 208a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phaedrus think that Achilles was sent after his death?
(b) Ionian Islands.
(d) The Islands of the Blest.
2. What does Eryximachus believe to be the source of pestilence and destruction in nature?
(a) When a season is overtaken by violent love.
(b) When a season refuses to change on time.
(c) When a season changes before its time.
(d) When a season is overtaken by untested love.
3. Who is Apollodorus talking with at the beginning of Symposium?
(a) A soldier.
(d) A companion.
4. According to Agathon, how does love deal with old age?
(a) It embraces it.
(b) It fights it.
(c) It runs away.
(d) It is unaware of it.
5. According to Eryximachus, how many kinds of love exist in the human body?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Agathon's opinion, what does love compel people to do?
2. Which one of the following is not an example that Eryximachus uses to describe the hostile elements?
3. What does Socrates think about the speeches he has just heard?
4. How does Pausanius describe the love taking place in barbarian countries?
5. According to Socrates, what is the lover directed towards?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)