|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, line 202a to 208a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eryximachus define astronomy?
(a) The study of how love orders the stars.
(b) The study of the stars and their agreement with love.
(c) The study of the stars and their opposition to love.
(d) The study of how the stars affect love.
2. What is the size of the audience that sees Agathon's play?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) More than thirty thousand.
(c) Less than thirty thousand.
(d) Forty thousand.
3. According to Eryximachus, what elements create rhythm?
(a) Medium length and long.
(b) Short, medium length, and long.
(c) Short and long.
(d) Short and medium length.
4. How does Aristophanes define love?
(a) The confusion of humans in an altered state.
(b) The drive to understand the need for oneness.
(c) The excitement of humans in an altered state.
(d) The drive to regain a sense of oneness.
5. In Eryximachus' opinion, what can the best physician do?
(a) Appreciate the different forms of love.
(b) Analyze the different forms of love.
(c) Separate the different forms of love.
(d) Ignore love's existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pausanius think the laws are perplexing?
2. What part of Agathon's speech does Socrates compliment?
3. What is the purpose of Aristophanes' speech, as he indicates after it is finished?
4. According to Phaedrus, which other motive is able to implant as well as Love?
5. Whose thoughts inspire the guests to speak about love at the party?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)