|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, 184a to 190a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pausanius, what is the love of the body rather than the soul?
2. How does Socrates respond to the idea of speaking about love?
(a) He agrees, but adds that he does not know much about it.
(b) He agrees, adding that it is a subject that he knows about.
(c) He disagrees, although it is a subject that he knows about.
(d) He disagrees, because it is a subject that he does not know much about.
3. As used in Eryximachus' speech, what does the word "licentiousness" mean?
(a) Imposing restraint.
(b) Containing incomprehensible restraints.
(c) Containing too much restraint.
(d) Lacking restraint.
4. According to Socrates, who changes proverbs about Agamemnon and Menelaus?
5. What news does Agathon give to Aristodemus when he arrives?
(a) That Agathon forgot to invite Aristodemus the day before.
(b) That Socrates insisted that Aristodemus be invited.
(c) That Agathon could not find Aristodemus to invite him the day before.
(d) That the other guests insisted that Aristodemus be invited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the points that Eryximachus makes with Urania's story?
2. Where does Pausanius think the laws are perplexing?
3. How does Socrates appear when he meets Aristodemus before going to the party?
4. Where is Socrates before entering Agathon's house?
5. Who is Apollodorus talking with at the beginning of Symposium?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)