|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, 184a to 190a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eryximachus say about his omission of certain things in his speech?
(a) He maintains that he did not leave anything out.
(b) It is intentional.
(c) It is not intentional.
(d) He cannot remember any more.
2. Who requests that Socrates sit near him at the party?
3. According to Eryximachus, what elements create rhythm?
(a) Short, medium length, and long.
(b) Medium length and long.
(c) Short and long.
(d) Short and medium length.
4. How does Eryximachus define astronomy?
(a) The study of how love orders the stars.
(b) The study of the stars and their agreement with love.
(c) The study of the stars and their opposition to love.
(d) The study of how the stars affect love.
5. How does Eryximachus describe Polyhymnia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the points that Eryximachus makes with Urania's story?
2. According to Phaedrus, which other motive is able to implant as well as Love?
3. How does Socrates respond to the idea of speaking about love?
4. How does Eryximachus describe Pausanias' speech?
5. How many years has Apollodorus been talking with Socrates?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)