|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, 184a to 190a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three elements share a harmonious love in nature, as stated by Eryximachus?
(a) People, water, and plants.
(b) People, animals, and plants,
(c) People, animals, and water.
(d) Animals, water, and plants.
2. Where is Socrates before entering Agathon's house?
(a) The portico of the neighboring house.
(b) The portico of a house that is two houses away.
(c) The dining room of the neighboring house.
(d) The dining room of a house that is two houses away.
3. As related by Apollodorus, how many years has Agathon not resided at Athens?
(a) Only one year.
(b) Many years.
(c) Only a few years.
(d) Agathon still resides in Athens.
4. What is Apollodorus' old name?
(a) Apollodorus the thinker.
(b) Apollodorus the orator.
(c) Apollodorus the madman.
(d) Apollodorus the wise man.
5. What is Socrates doing while the other guests are eating dinner at Agathon's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pausanius describe the love taking place in barbarian countries?
2. According to Phaedrus, who are Love's parents?
3. Which country does Pausanius use as an example of barbarian laws?
4. In Phaedrus' opinion, which ancient Greek writer agrees with Hesiod's theory?
5. What is Eryximachus' suggestion for the flute-girl?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)