|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, 184a to 190a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eryximachus' ancestor, Asclepius, an expert in?
(a) Husbandry, but not gymnastic.
(b) Gymnastic and husbandry.
(c) Gymnastic, but not husbandry.
(d) Neither gymnastic nor husbandry.
2. How does Socrates feel about drinking?
(a) He does not drink at all.
(b) He can only drink a little or not at all.
(c) He can either drink a lot, a little, or not at all.
(d) He can only drink a lot or not at all.
3. Where does Pausanius think the laws are perplexing?
4. According to Eryximachus, what elements create rhythm?
(a) Short, medium length, and long.
(b) Medium length and long.
(c) Short and medium length.
(d) Short and long.
5. According to Pausanius, what is the love of the body rather than the soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Socrates respond to the idea of speaking about love?
2. According to Phaedrus, which other motive is able to implant as well as Love?
3. Where does Phaedrus think that Achilles was sent after his death?
4. How does Eryximachus describe Pausanias' speech?
5. How does Eryximachus define symphony?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)