|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, line 178a to 183d.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the size of the audience that sees Agathon's play?
(a) Forty thousand.
(b) Less than thirty thousand.
(c) Fifty thousand.
(d) More than thirty thousand.
2. According to Phaedrus' story, how could Achilles have avoided death?
(a) By not slaying Hector.
(b) By slaying Agamemnon.
(c) By not slaying Agamemnon.
(d) By slaying Hector.
3. What are the doors like when Aristodemus reaches Agathon's house?
(a) They are slightly open.
(b) They are closed and locked.
(c) They are wide open.
(d) They are closed, but unlocked.
4. In Pausanius' opinion, how many goddesses of love are there?
5. Why does Apollodorus have pity for rich men?
(a) Because they think they are doing nothing when they are doing something.
(b) Because they have more money than they can possibly spend.
(c) Because they never seem to have enough money no matter how much they make.
(d) Because they think they are doing something when they are doing nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Phaedrus' opinion, which ancient Greek writer agrees with Hesiod's theory?
2. Which goddess does Pausanius associate with love?
3. In Pausanius' view, who is the father of the youngest goddess of love?
4. Why are the speeches between Phaedrus and Pausanias left out of Aristodemus' account?
5. According to Glaucon, what is the road to Athens made for?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)