|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, line 178a to 183d.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phaedrus think that Achilles was sent after his death?
(c) The Islands of the Blest.
(d) Ionian Islands.
2. According to Glaucon, what is the road to Athens made for?
3. What are the doors like when Aristodemus reaches Agathon's house?
(a) They are closed, but unlocked.
(b) They are slightly open.
(c) They are wide open.
(d) They are closed and locked.
4. What effect does Phaedrus think Love has on a coward?
(a) It causes a coward to think about his or her actions.
(b) It causes a coward to become even more afraid.
(c) It inspires a coward to become a hero.
(d) It has no effect on a coward.
5. How does Phaedrus describe Love?
(a) A friend to the gods.
(b) The youngest of the gods.
(c) A relative of the gods.
(d) The eldest of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Phaedrus' opinion, which ancient Greek writer agrees with Hesiod's theory?
2. How does Pausanius describe the love taking place in barbarian countries?
3. What is Socrates doing while the other guests are eating dinner at Agathon's house?
4. What example does Pausanius use in explaining the role of tyranny?
5. What news does Agathon give to Aristodemus when he arrives?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)