|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, 184a to 190a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Phaedrus' opinion, which ancient Greek writer agrees with Hesiod's theory?
2. As used in Eryximachus' speech, what does the word "licentiousness" mean?
(a) Containing incomprehensible restraints.
(b) Lacking restraint.
(c) Containing too much restraint.
(d) Imposing restraint.
3. What fear does Aristophanes have before making his speech?
(a) That people will not enjoy it.
(b) That people will not understand it.
(c) That people will disagree with it.
(d) That people will laugh at it.
4. Why are the speeches between Phaedrus and Pausanias left out of Aristodemus' account?
(a) They are incomplete.
(b) He does not remember them.
(c) There are no speeches between Phaedrus and Pausanias.
(d) He does not think they are worth including.
5. How does Socrates appear when he meets Aristodemus before going to the party?
(a) Neither bathed nor wearing sandals.
(b) Bathed and in sandals.
(c) Wearing sandals, but not bathed.
(d) Bathed, but not in sandals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose thoughts inspire the guests to speak about love at the party?
2. What three elements share a harmonious love in nature, as stated by Eryximachus?
3. What are the doors like when Aristodemus reaches Agathon's house?
4. As related by Apollodorus, how many years has Agathon not resided at Athens?
5. According to Pausanius, which type of people partake in the physical form of love?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)