|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, 184a to 190a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who requests that Socrates sit near him at the party?
2. Why does Apollodorus think that rich men pity him?
(a) Because they think he is ignorant.
(b) Because they think he is unhappy.
(c) Because they think he is poor.
(d) Because they think he is misinformed.
3. Who is Apollodorus talking with at the beginning of Symposium?
(a) A companion.
(c) A soldier.
4. What statement about music does Eryximachus think is absurd?
(a) Harmony is discord.
(b) Harmony is contradicting.
(c) Melody is contradicting.
(d) Melody is discord.
5. How does Eryximachus describe Polyhymnia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Pausanius use as an example of barbarian laws?
2. How does Eryximachus define symphony?
3. How does Eryximachus describe Pausanias' speech?
4. As Eryximachus explains, what is harmony composed of?
5. Which goddess does Pausanius associate with love?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)