|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, line 196a to 202a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As related by Apollodorus, how many years has Agathon not resided at Athens?
(a) Agathon still resides in Athens.
(b) Only a few years.
(c) Many years.
(d) Only one year.
2. Which one of the following is not one of the features that Aristophanes includes in his description of what humans were once like?
(a) They could move objects through telepathy.
(b) They could walk backwards or forwards.
(c) They had four ears.
(d) They could roll over at great speeds.
3. According to Phaedrus' story, how could Achilles have avoided death?
(a) By slaying Agamemnon.
(b) By not slaying Hector.
(c) By slaying Hector.
(d) By not slaying Agamemnon.
4. According to Socrates, who changes proverbs about Agamemnon and Menelaus?
5. According to Socrates, what is the lover directed towards?
(a) What he or she does not understand.
(b) What he or she will never understand.
(c) What he or she already has.
(d) What he or she does not have.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has Apollodorus been talking with Socrates?
2. According to Pausanius, which type of people partake in the physical form of love?
3. Whose permission does Socrates seek before asking Agathon questions?
4. What princess does Phaedrus use as an example for a sacrifice made out of Love?
5. How does Agathon describe love?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)