|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, line 196a to 202a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates ironically state his speech is about?
(a) Both the truth and fiction.
(c) The truth.
(d) Neither the truth nor fiction.
2. In Aristophanes' opinion, how are humans originally shaped?
(a) They have no definite shape.
(b) They are the same shape as they are now.
(c) They are square.
(d) They are round.
3. Why is Aristophanes unable to speak in his scheduled turn?
(a) He has disappeared.
(b) He is not finished eating.
(c) He cannot remember what he wanted to say.
(d) He has the hiccups.
4. How many years has Apollodorus been talking with Socrates?
5. What causes the "man-woman" creatures in Aristophanes' story to become adulterers?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Agathon, who can love capture?
2. For what does Socrates give Agathon credit?
3. As used in Eryximachus' speech, what does the word "licentiousness" mean?
4. According to Eryximachus, how many kinds of love exist in the human body?
5. Where is Socrates before entering Agathon's house?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)