|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, line 196a to 202a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Apollodorus been talking with Socrates?
2. What was Eryximachus' ancestor, Asclepius, an expert in?
(a) Gymnastic and husbandry.
(b) Neither gymnastic nor husbandry.
(c) Gymnastic, but not husbandry.
(d) Husbandry, but not gymnastic.
3. As Aristophanes explains, what part of the body is extra skin used to form?
(a) The nose.
(b) The belly button.
(c) The fingers.
(d) The toes.
4. As used in Eryximachus' speech, what does the word "licentiousness" mean?
(a) Containing incomprehensible restraints.
(b) Containing too much restraint.
(c) Lacking restraint.
(d) Imposing restraint.
5. How does Phaedrus describe Love?
(a) A relative of the gods.
(b) The eldest of the gods.
(c) A friend to the gods.
(d) The youngest of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requests that Socrates sit near him at the party?
2. Why are the speeches between Phaedrus and Pausanias left out of Aristodemus' account?
3. What is the size of the audience that sees Agathon's play?
4. What does astronomy inform people of, according to Eryximachus?
5. Which goddess does Pausanius associate with love?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)