|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Tess and Jake go when they leave the show in Winter?
2. What is Tess surprised to see Jake injest while at Simone's?
3. Why is Simone jealous of Samantha?
4. Who throws a party for the staff on New Year's Day?
5. Who does Ariel kiss in the taxi cab?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simone set ambiance when she hosts dinner in Spring?
2. Why does Simone go on a cleanse?
3. How does Tess assist Simone when Simone breaks down in Spring?
4. Why does Tess say she feels truly relevant when dancing at the show in Winter?
5. Where does Jake take Tess when they leave the show in Winter?
6. Why does Ariel have such a large network of friends?
7. How does Tess' relationship with Simone change after the wine room in Spring?
8. Why does Jake tell Tess not to get drunk?
9. What is Tess' reaction to the cake from Simone and Jake?
10. What does Will mean when he tells Tess to hit pause occasionally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tess feels that she begins to level out at the end of Autumn. What made her so overwhelmed previously and how did that affect all aspects of her life in New York?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the poem of restaurant staff conversations on pages 98-100. Explain why the last line is particularly poignant in regards to Tess' life. What fear is she trying to overcome?
Essay Topic 3
Jake is not very nice to Tess. He often loses his patience, insults, and talks down to her. Why would she put up with his behavior; furthermore, what makes her attracted to him?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)